Home General Discussion

Best place to buy beads

2»

Comments

• ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    catfishbluezz:
    Well..exquisicat was recommended by several serious collectors. I checked out other brands locally, but was not 100% positive by their packages description. Basically, non scented 100% silica is what you need. Online I found litter pearls and ultra pearls as well. Any of those will work fine.
    Awesome thanks for all the input homie! Truly appreciate it. I think I may have a cooler project on my hands in the am............
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    Quickest and most informative thread ever.

• catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    One other note, they are large from exquisicat, much larger then a bead, more like small rocks so making containers is easy. I really like that aspect personally, no dust or spills to worry about.
    stephen_hannibal:
    Quickest and most informative thread ever.

I hate you! Get some sleep so you aren't late tomorrow lil pony
    catfishbluezz:
    One other note, they are large from exquisicat, much larger then a bead, more like small rocks so making containers is easy. I really like that aspect personally, no dust or spills to worry about.
    Very cool. Now I just gotta figure out how many pounds I would need in a 150 qt cooler
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    ENFIDL:
    catfishbluezz:
    Very cool. Now I just gotta figure out how many pounds I would need in a 150 qt cooler
    2-3 is my guess. One jug is plenty....
    catfishbluezz:
    ENFIDL:
    catfishbluezz:
    2-3 is my guess. One jug is plenty....
    Awesome. Thanks again brotha!
  • Roberto99Roberto99 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,077
    I've been using "mimi litter" for over a year and it works great. It is cheap and easily available to me. I put them in nylons and in the bottom of the humidor. This brand does have a little dust form over time so maybe exquisicat is better for that reason?? The amount of dust is small and hasn't been a problem for me, just be sure not to inhale any of the dust if you get any.
  • bearbbearb Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,044
    ENFIDL:
    bigharpoon:
    Beads are in a +/- range of 2 points, so 65rh beads will vary from 63-67 on average in perfect conditions. 70 would go up to 72, possibly a bit high. Some people buy some of each and make their own recipe of 67.5 beads.
    I can dig it. Thanks for the input brother. I'm a newb to beads....well these kinda beads anyways.....lol
    Enfidel, whatever floats your boat so to speak, but remember this is the 'general discussion' area (typically for discussion about cigars), and not the 'non-cigar related' area. I would be pretty sure that there are a lot of other forums you could solicit advice from regarding other types of 'beads.' As well, not sure how one would sanitize those sorts of things buying them on the used marketplace. ;)
  • JDHJDH Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,107
    reggie713:
    I use heartfelt beads I have equal amounts of 65 and 70 rh, I generally have 64 to 68
    Me too ++++++++++++