Home General Discussion

Best place to buy beads

ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
Title is pretty self explanatory. Need beads and wondering where the best place to get em from is. Thanks errrrrebody!

Comments

• smoke em if you got emsmoke em if you got em Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,119
    ENFIDL:
    Title is pretty self explanatory. Need beads and wondering where the best place to get em from is. Thanks errrrrebody!
    what rh you looking for E?
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    I'm thinking 65 but can't decide on it or 70/72. Opinion?
  • smoke em if you got emsmoke em if you got em Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,119
    ENFIDL:
    i use 70 in my cooler and in 2 of my desktops and 65 in my other desktop...what do you currently use?
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    Beads are in a +/- range of 2 points, so 65rh beads will vary from 63-67 on average in perfect conditions. 70 would go up to 72, possibly a bit high. Some people buy some of each and make their own recipe of 67.5 beads.
    bigharpoon:
    Beads are in a +/- range of 2 points, so 65rh beads will vary from 63-67 on average in perfect conditions. 70 would go up to 72, possibly a bit high. Some people buy some of each and make their own recipe of 67.5 beads.
    I can dig it. Thanks for the input brother. I'm a newb to beads....well these kinda beads anyways.....lol
  • reggie713reggie713 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,018
    I use heartfelt beads I have equal amounts of 65 and 70 rh, I generally have 64 to 68
    smoke em if you got em:
    ENFIDL:
    i use 70 in my cooler and in 2 of my desktops and 65 in my other desktop...what do you currently use?
    You mean you used to have those. THEY'RE MINE NOW!!! I joke! Right now I use some humicare stuff but they're starting on a downhill slide and I need to get something better.
    reggie713:
    I use heartfelt beads I have equal amounts of 65 and 70 rh, I generally have 64 to 68
    Where'd you get em from?
    ENFIDL:
    bigharpoon:
    I can dig it. Thanks for the input brother. I'm a newb to beads....well these kinda beads anyways.....lol
    i new that was coming sooner or later!!
  • jliujliu Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,055
    ENFIDL:
    bigharpoon:
    Hahah. In the butt butt butt. In the butt
  • RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
    reggie713:
    This. I went straight to the Heartfelt site, had no problems and quick shipping. If only CCom sold beads...HINT HINT Ccom!
    smoke em if you got em:
    ENFIDL:
    bigharpoon:
    i new that was coming sooner or later!!
    That's because you know how I roll.....
  • greg2648greg2648 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,422
    reggie713:
    +1....
    jliu:
    ENFIDL:
    bigharpoon:
    Heh heh heh
    Rain:
    reggie713:
    This. I went straight to the Heartfelt site, had no problems and quick shipping. If only CCom sold beads...HINT HINT Ccom!
    Cool thanks!
  • reggie713reggie713 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,018
    Rain:
    reggie713:
    Me too
    reggie713:
    Rain:
    reggie713:
    Me too
    Thanks!
  • OldBlueEyes2012OldBlueEyes2012 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 239
    jliu:
    ENFIDL:
    bigharpoon:
    of course Jiunn humps in... Excuse me, *jumps.
    Anybody know if conservagel is still around? I remember they were cheaper than heartfelt back in the day. If not this is what I get for procrastinating lol
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    Ummmm.... Might I recommend exquisicat... Best rh control on earth, 8lbs for $20.
    catfishbluezz:
    Ummmm.... Might I recommend exquisicat... Best rh control on earth, 8lbs for $20.
    How does this work? I'm intrigued by my extreme cheapness
    ENFIDL:
    catfishbluezz:
    honestly...order kitty litter, put in humi, spend the money you saved on a few nice cigars and laugh about it. It's better then any gel, Boveda pack, or heartfelt beads Ive used
    catfishbluezz:
    ENFIDL:
    catfishbluezz:
    honestly...order kitty litter, put in humi, spend the money you saved on a few nice cigars and laugh about it. It's better then any gel, Boveda pack, or heartfelt beads Ive used
    You don't do anything to the litter?
    ENFIDL:
    catfishbluezz:
    ENFIDL:
    catfishbluezz:
    nope...not unless you are seasoning IMO. One humi I put it in and that was it. The other was my wineador, which is why I bought it, and it started at 60, sprayed a very small amount of distilled water, went up to 69 overnight, added a little more dry KL and it's held 65 since. If you want more rh, spray it initially. If its too high, add some dry. I'm amazed honestly and wish I would've saved all the money I spent over the years. I initially tried it with guys from the B&M months ago and all of us had no issues, so I bought the big jug.
    catfishbluezz:
    ENFIDL:
    catfishbluezz:
    ENFIDL:
    catfishbluezz:
    nope...not unless you are seasoning IMO. One humi I put it in and that was it. The other was my wineador, which is why I bought it, and it started at 60, sprayed a very small amount of distilled water, went up to 69 overnight, added a little more dry KL and it's held 65 since. If you want more rh, spray it initially. If its too high, add some dry. I'm amazed honestly and wish I would've saved all the money I spent over the years. I initially tried it with guys from the B&M months ago and all of us had no issues, so I bought the big jug.
    What was wrong with the beads you had in the first place?
    Rain:
    catfishbluezz:
    ENFIDL:
    catfishbluezz:
    ENFIDL:
    catfishbluezz:
    What was wrong with the beads you had in the first place?
    not as consistent IMO, but not bad. Really it's just the price. I figured 3lbs of beads for a wineador would be much cheaper via KL and it is. Why pay more ya know. Seemed like heartfelt fluctuate a bit more, not much, but more. I think being able to go overboard with KL due to the price and quantity is a benefit for stability.
    That's cool. I was just curious, because the reason I switched from boveda to beads was money hahaha, so when I hear you talking about replacing beads I had to ask.
    catfishbluezz:
    ENFIDL:
    catfishbluezz:
    ENFIDL:
    catfishbluezz:
    Any reason for exquisicat? Or would any non odor cat litter crystals be ok? Sorry I like to be very thorough
    Well..exquisicat was recommended by several serious collectors. I checked out other brands locally, but was not 100% positive by their packages description. Basically, non scented 100% silica is what you need. Online I found litter pearls and ultra pearls as well. Any of those will work fine.
    Oh...and I am going to put them in nylons, for now they are in Tupperware containers.