Home General Discussion

Done.

VisionVision Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,701
This post is to any and all members. If you have any questions, concerns, need anything, want anything.... My Inbox (insert my box being open joke here) is always open. I dont care what happend in the past and will move forward from here. Again...My Inbox is open to all who wish to PM me. If I can help I will.

Comments

• reggie713reggie713 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,018
    + 100 that's what being a BOTL is all about!!
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    I think we all just need to let the village idiots be just that...and ignore them accordingly. Some people just do not get it regardless of how kind and polite some of us are.
  • laker1963laker1963 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,046
    since this post is for some reason split into two identicle threads I posted this on the other thread as well...

laker1963:
    Vision:
    I also think being a BORK is being able to get past any and all BS. To be able to move on from a disagreement. It could be over cigars, religion, poiltics etc... If you look at the Passes section, I see people in the same pass, maybe even sending to each other. If you looked at the political debates on here you would think they hate each other... but people move on. I know we all will.
    Actually, (and I may take a lot of flack for this) but it is things like the term BORK which is part of the problem.

We were all known as BOTL at one time. Then suddenly a small group of members started to refer to themselves as BORK's. This set that group apart from everyone else, and IMO was the start of the separation into smaller cliques.

It happens all the time in the "real world" as well. A group of people feel they are special in some way and want to identify themselves in a manner that will draw attention to this. I don't think this was done in a mean spirited way or anything but the affects are the same... a "special" group of memebrs within the whole group of BOTL.

I have NEVER refferred to myself as a BORK as I have always been more then proud to call myself and to be considered by others here as a BOTL and that will always be good enough for me. This is just my opinion, but once the separation begins it tends to roll on exponentially.
  • The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
    laker1963:
    since this post is for some reason split into two identicle threads I posted this on the other thread as well...

laker1963:
    Vision:
    I also think being a BORK is being able to get past any and all BS. To be able to move on from a disagreement. It could be over cigars, religion, poiltics etc... If you look at the Passes section, I see people in the same pass, maybe even sending to each other. If you looked at the political debates on here you would think they hate each other... but people move on. I know we all will.
    Actually, (and I may take a lot of flack for this) but it is things like the term BORK which is part of the problem.

We were all known as BOTL at one time. Then suddenly a small group of members started to refer to themselves as BORK's. This set that group apart from everyone else, and IMO was the start of the separation into smaller cliques.

It happens all the time in the "real world" as well. A group of people feel they are special in some way and want to identify themselves in a manner that will draw attention to this. I don't think this was done in a mean spirited way or anything but the affects are the same... a "special" group of memebrs within the whole group of BOTL.

I have NEVER refferred to myself as a BORK as I have always been more then proud to call myself and to be considered by others here as a BOTL and that will always be good enough for me. This is just my opinion, but once the separation begins it tends to roll on exponentially.
    WoW I never read that much into it. But Im a BOTR so what do I know
    The Kid:
    laker1963:

laker1963:
    Vision:

As I said it was my opinion. I know you may be kidding but since this is a topic which is causing some problems around here maybe the jokes should take a back seat for a while?
    laker1963:
    The Kid:
    laker1963:

laker1963:
    Vision:

As I said it was my opinion. I know you may be kidding but since this is a topic which is causing some problems around here maybe the jokes should take a back seat for a while?
    No I truly never read that much into it. And if you dont like my comments thats too bad
    The Kid:
    laker1963:
    The Kid:
    laker1963:

laker1963:
    Vision:

No I truly never read that much into it. And if you dont like my comments thats too bad
    It isn't that I don't LIKE your comments KID. It is just what I said. If we are trying to solve a problem, and or look for solutions then jokes at this time are not helpful. That's all

Wow are we really so sensitive now? If you choose to insert comments and jokes into serious discussion fill your boots guy. I thought that we were having a real discussion, not sniping back and forth like little girls with their feelings hurt.
    Ok this is "My Opinion" just because you feel the term BORK is some sort of elitist Clique or causes some division between BOTL and Borks,,doesnt mean it is so. I never ever thought of it that way,, I just thought of it as another silly/endearing term for BOTL that was exclusive to the ccom brthren,, "all of them".. as is a term BOTR Brother of the Ramen,, as a play on brothers being broke and having to eat Ramen because of overspending on cigars.. Now its apparant you look at the term differently and I bet if you asked 100 people here the majority never looked at the term BORK as you do.. I dont think that this thread or the subject of Borkism was causing any problems on the forum. Each person has there own idea of what a good brother or sister of the leaf is and while I may not be the epitome of the defination I do my best to be kind and considerate of others and try to help as I am able. I Like everyone else has a voice and if its not popular or in line with the way you think, well, what do you want me to do, only post content that is on a master list of acceptable comments or should I clear my posts with the Forum Police before posting?
    The Kid:
    Ok this is "My Opinion" just because you feel the term BORK is some sort of elitist Clique or causes some division between BOTL and Borks,,doesnt mean it is so. I never ever thought of it that way,, I just thought of it as another silly/endearing term for BOTL that was exclusive to the ccom brthren,, "all of them".. as is a term BOTR Brother of the Ramen,, as a play on brothers being broke and having to eat Ramen because of overspending on cigars.. Now its apparant you look at the term differently and I bet if you asked 100 people here the majority never looked at the term BORK as you do.. I dont think that this thread or the subject of Borkism was causing any problems on the forum. Each person has there own idea of what a good brother or sister of the leaf is and while I may not be the epitome of the defination I do my best to be kind and considerate of others and try to help as I am able. I Like everyone else has a voice and if its not popular or in line with the way you think, well, what do you want me to do, only post content that is on a master list of acceptable comments or should I clear my posts with the Forum Police before posting?
    WOW. If that is what you got out of my comments KID then I just give up. Fight away boy's... I got fucking way better things to do LMAO. I'm out.
    laker1963:
    The Kid:
    WOW. If that is what you got out of my comments KID then I just give up. Fight away boy's... I got fucking way better things to do LMAO. I'm out.
    ciao
  • Russ622Russ622 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 46
    The Kid:
    ciao
    Elitist!You could have just said goodbye. Fancy talker
  • RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
    Russ622:
    The Kid:
    ciao
    Dude, you bettrer watch out for the FORUM POLICE! Kid is so wordly.
    Russ622:
    The Kid:
    ciao
    LOL,, It was on the master list,,rev 3.5
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    I'm a iotl (idiot of the leaf) and proud of it lol! Opinions are always subject to disagreement!! This being said just try to understand and refrain from personal attacks!! Something like this thread was put up to be a nice jesture and now look what has happened. Just keep the peace!! Yes times are tough for all of us! But we all share one thing in common so let it bring us together and let the rest just breathe!
  • RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
    Lee.mcglynn:
    I'm a iotl (idiot of the leaf) and proud of it lol! Opinions are always subject to disagreement!! This being said just try to understand and refrain from personal attacks!! Something like this thread was put up to be a nice jesture and now look what has happened. Just keep the peace!! Yes times are tough for all of us! But we all share one thing in common so let it bring us together and let the rest just breathe!
    Well said. I think Pete had a different idea when he started this thread.
  • wwesternwwestern Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,386
    laker1963:

laker1963:
    Vision:

I never read this much into it Laker I always just thought it was a typo that fat fingered sniper made and it kinda stuck. At any rate BOTL and BORK mean the same thing to me, it's the love we have for one and other because we share a passion for cigars.

On the issue of the off topic forum, for me it is it's own seperate entity and has nothing to do with what binds us. I've had some fairly heated debates and then had amazing trades, bombs, and other shenanigans soon afterwards. Just a place to share ideas.
    wwestern:
    laker1963:

laker1963:
    Vision:

I never read this much into it Laker I always just thought it was a typo that fat fingered sniper made and it kinda stuck. At any rate BOTL and BORK mean the same thing to me, it's the love we have for one and other because we share a passion for cigars.

On the issue of the off topic forum, for me it is it's own seperate entity and has nothing to do with what binds us. I've had some fairly heated debates and then had amazing trades, bombs, and other shenanigans soon afterwards. Just a place to share ideas.
    Yeah. I have just decided that it will be easier to just say I was full of *** and was completely wrong on this. Carry on BORK's.
  • seagarloverseagarlover Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 437
    I have to join in and apologize, I am pretty sure I'm the one who started to make this forum go down hill, I would like it to go back to the way it was when I first joined. So I'm going to do my part, again I apologize for U having a bad experience
  • 0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
    seagarlover:
    I have to join in and apologize, I am pretty sure I'm the one who started to make this forum go down hill, I would like it to go back to the way it was when I first joined. So I'm going to do my part, again I apologize for U having a bad experience
    So you think you are the one who started this?
    It takes more than one to create a problem and cause things to go south.
    I'd say that we all need to pull up our skirts, grow a few and let it rest and move on.
  • SmokindaddySmokindaddy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,107
    The Kid:
    Totally agree!! Yes, I think we can all say this is completely out of control now. But it didnt have to be. People tried to put a stop to this months ago, with no "bullying" or attacking. Other members of the forums chose to advocate the bad member and play into him more and more. I can't tell you how many times I've read from other people "so he lied, who cares". Umm, I care and Im not the only one. As a former law enforcement officer, integrity goes a long way with me. One lie turns to two and three as it has with this guy and before you know it, someone it out of money or cigars due to people not caring about this guy lying. This could have and should have been stopped months ago, but it wasn't and now this place is in complete disarray. Maybe next time, when a bad seed pops up, we can all do our best in the most positive way to put a stop to the problem before it blows up in all of our faces like it clearly has done now. But that would literally take all of us standing together, to protect what it not ours, but what we all BOTL, SOTL, BORKS, or BOTR clearly enjoy.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    Jason...pm to you... Please bump this out gents
  • marineatbn03marineatbn03 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,634
    I think I am going to take a hiatus for a bit from all this madness. I love this place but there are just somethings I can not bring myself to live with. I have the upmost respect for this board and most of the members and say thank you for making my time here enjoyable. I am sure I will be back in due time.
  • reggie713reggie713 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,018
    catfishbluezz:
    +1
  • SmokindaddySmokindaddy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,107
    catfishbluezz:
    I have no PM from you
  • VisionVision Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,701
    NAAAACHHHOOOOOS
  • jlmartajlmarta Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,440
    JEEZUS!! Who let the cats out? And who crapped in whose corn flakes?

To quote Rodney King, "Can't we all just get along"?

C'mon, folks, will the FVCKEE and the FVCKOR please step forward and shake hands??

• robertgreen30robertgreen30 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,922
    jlmarta:
    JEEZUS!! Who let the cats out? And who crapped in whose corn flakes?

To quote Rodney King, "Can't we all just get along"?

C'mon, folks, will the FVCKEE and the FVCKOR please step forward and shake hands??

+1
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    What the hell have I missed around here ( or not missed for that matter). My buddy Glen is gone. My buddy Doug ( who I went toe to toe with off topic numerous times) is bailing out, Isaac and Rich hardly post any more and I barely recognize anyone anymore. On the subject of BORK, I always looked at it as what set Ccom apart from BOTL.org. a special group called Ccom which had the most generous and knowledgeable brothers out there. My. 02
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    I go away for a few months and things just fall apart... It used to be I was the only one allowed to be an assh0le around here...
  • Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    dennisking:
    What the hell have I missed around here ( or not missed for that matter). My buddy Glen is gone. My buddy Doug ( who I went toe to toe with off topic numerous times) is bailing out, Isaac and Rich hardly post any more and I barely recognize anyone anymore. On the subject of BORK, I always looked at it as what set Ccom apart from BOTL.org. a special group called Ccom which had the most generous and knowledgeable brothers out there. My. 02
    I'm right here with you, Dennis, what is going on? Now I'm looking for where this started. Laker is about the most stand-up guy around, puts forth an opinion obviously tailored to try and bring peace to an issue, and gets reamed for it? Where did this start?