Home General Discussion

Your holy Grail?

scarlinscarlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,592
I was thinking to myself, what is that one cigar in my humidor that I covet more than anything else. I then thought it would be a cool topic and my search bar came up empty so I christen this topic.

So, what is the most coveted cigar in your collection? (Opinion based as an Armada may be coveted by someone)

As for me, I have some Partagas 150s

Comments

• VisionVision Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,701
    God of Fire Mike sent me. But The Kid also got me a Between the Lines. GoF #1 BTL #2
  • kevin1323kevin1323 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 294
    I have a Partagas serie P #2 from a few years ago. The only cuban i have ever owned.
  • 0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
    Davidoff Royal Robusto
  • jliujliu Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,055
    hmmm i would say that 76th fuente that bigsteve gave me. I'll prob just look at it? also the 2010 (22 cigars) opus X charity box
  • robertgreen30robertgreen30 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,922
    My H.Upman Cuban. I just keep looking at it and it keeps saying smoke me, smoke me
  • JHeweyJHewey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,411
    jliu:
    hmmm i would say that 76th fuente that bigsteve gave me. I'll prob just look at it? also the 2010 (22 cigars) opus X charity box
    Why aren't you sharing those opus with me? And probably the cohiba 1966 from greg or GOF 2005 also from greg.
    JHewey:
    jliu:
    Why aren't you sharing those opus with me? And probably the cohiba 1966 from greg or GOF 2005 also from greg.
    oh that's b/c you are in PA. if you ever come over, mi humis your humis. oh. i would also say behike b52s that I got a few months ago. that box just looks so freakin delicious. i'm smoking one on mi bday (every bday)
  • SmokindaddySmokindaddy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,107
    Pardon millinem, I'm still on the search for a couple.
  • JHeweyJHewey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,411
    jliu:
    JHewey:
    jliu:
    oh that's b/c you are in PA. if you ever come over, mi humis your humis. oh. i would also say behike b52s that I got a few months ago. that box just looks so freakin delicious. i'm smoking one on mi bday (every bday)
    Go go gadget arm!!! Lol
  • bigfnstevebigfnsteve Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,290
    JHewey:
    jliu:
    If I had one it would the 1966s that I have. Got one from greg and bought one. But I typically dont save a stik or covet one. Although I am looking forward to a couple.
    I do have another fuente 76th that was given to me by my local shop owner to smoke with juinn when we herf. So I guess that one? Fvck I dont know. I give up.
    bigfnsteve:
    JHewey:
    jliu:
    If I had one it would the 1966s that I have. Got one from greg and bought one. But I typically dont save a stik or covet one. Although I am looking forward to a couple.
    I do have another fuente 76th that was given to me by my local shop owner to smoke with juinn when we herf. So I guess that one? Fvck I dont know. I give up.
    yes! so lemme revise. I will ONLY smoke that 76th fuente when I herf with Steve. someday. hopefully someday soon.
  • KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 908
    2 original release Governadors that Marty and I will ash in early September
    after those, probably a box of MF special Coronas aging quietly next to some Reconquistas from March Madness ..............I hope the Recons are better than what I've been reading though :-(

• insomnniapbinsomnniapb Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 590
    I have a rocky patel vintage 2003 cameroon sitting in my box. It's not really anything special to anyone else, but it's my first b&m purchase and the stick I have held on to the longest so far. haha
  • ToombesToombes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,451
    The Cuban Cohiba that Irishman sent me for my birthday. Until then it was the '06 GOF by Carlito that CvilleE gifted me when my youngest daughter was born. Had the GOF for my birthday, but the Cohiba has to wait...
  • The buffalonianThe buffalonian Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 919
    my graycliff big bamboo profesionale i got when i went to the bahamas almost had it for 2 years now . i need to find a place to buy another one of these beautiful 4+ hr bad boys
  • Rail JockeyRail Jockey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 758
    Full box of 2011 my father limited edition, and 4 opus x lost cities.
  • Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    I have a MonteCristo Cuban given to me a couple years ago I can't seem to bring myself to smoke, but the cigars I "covet" most haven't yet made it to the humidor.
  • jesenstenjesensten Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 36
    I've got an MoW Armada sitting in the back corner of the humi that I just can't bring myself to light up.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    i have one more ratzilla pre-release in my humidor. it is a shape that was never released. JD handed it to me moments before we entered the DE factory for the tour.

of course, there is the Padron 1926 Maduro no.6....
    this may not seem special until you know that it came right off the rolling table and never saw a press. so... yeah, a non-box pressed 1926 maduro.

then again it may be RyJ Museum ed. sent to me in the EPIC 10k post bomb.

or the hand full of personal blends that i have left.

there are probably a dozen more that i could type about but i wont. ill just say that its too hard to decide.

• mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,358
    Well, 2 weeks ago, my wife and I celebrated our 1 year anniversary and she shocked me with a couple box purchases as well as this 72 year old Henry Clay.
    imageimage
  • deejmemixxdeejmemixx Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,064
    Two obsidian mini coronas that my son picked out for us to smoke on his 18th birthday. They will have 6 years on them.
  • allsmokedupallsmokedup Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 738
    deejmemixx:
    Two obsidian mini coronas that my son picked out for us to smoke on his 18th birthday. They will have 6 years on them.
    Do you mean 6 months? I'm pretty sure the Obsidian was released in 2011, maybe 2010 for pre-release. Unless you're not talking about the Pinar Del Rio Obsidian...
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    I have one of those Fuente 76th DC lying around. Also a few 2004 GoF Carlito and some 2005 GoF DC and Carlito. I believe I also have 1 Forbidden X Robusto (or maybe it is a lancero) 2004. Plus Partagas 150s, 1 Partagas 160 and Opus X Maduro. Now, if I could get my hands on a Sand Shark that would be it!
  • jthanatosjthanatos Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,563
    allsmokedup:
    deejmemixx:
    Do you mean 6 months? I'm pretty sure the Obsidian was released in 2011, maybe 2010 for pre-release. Unless you're not talking about the Pinar Del Rio Obsidian...
    Or his son is 12...
  • deejmemixxdeejmemixx Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,064
    Yes, I stated they will be 6 years old :-) my son is 12
  • allsmokedupallsmokedup Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 738
    Ah, missed that future tense in there.
  • xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
    Some Partagas ISOMs I got my hands on - only smoke them with my dad, so they're my favorites. As for the cigar I like that doesn't have any emotional attachment . . . either the My Fathers or the Partagas ISOM - so very delicious that I need to ration them to special occasions if I want my supply to last more than a week (yes, given the chance, I will smoke multiples back to back, for hours on end)
  • Bklyn78Bklyn78 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 65
    I have a ave maria holy grail lol but as for a speical one.... I dont have one. what I have I smoke.
  • beatnicbeatnic Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,133
    A couple of aged Opus X and Anejos pre-2010.
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    When I was in my OMFGBBQ Cubans phase I met a nice person online (not rapist story, I promise) and he sold me a "Sampler" pack of Cubans. All very nice smokes with a smattering of regionals, limitadas etc. and they all were dated from 2002 to 2008. I paid him $150 for 20 cigars and they are all neatly labeled and in my humi.

I only think I may smoke them when Jesus himself comes to here with me. It was a truly awesome gesture by that BOTL for he WAY undercharged me, packed them so nicely and wanted me to be happy.

NON-Cubans would either be my 1/2 box of Les Cigares des Artes Monte's that I have (not so much for the smoke, but the story that accompanies them and how I came upon them) or it would be my "Old man and the "C" Culebra that I got from Pete Johnson himself and had him sign it in front of me.