Home General Discussion

Infused cigars

2»

Comments

• josiahcoljosiahcol Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 70
    Gaetano7890:
    I did enjoy the caffe con leche awhile back it did get a little sweet at the end. Been looking at the red eye since my palate has evolved into fuller smokes anyone try it yet.
    Red Eye is awesome, def give it a shot
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    josiahcol:
    Gaetano7890:
    I did enjoy the caffe con leche awhile back it did get a little sweet at the end. Been looking at the red eye since my palate has evolved into fuller smokes anyone try it yet.
    Red Eye is awesome, def give it a shot
    +1
  • rusiriusrusirius Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 564
    I enjoy both standard as well as some infused cigars... The Isla Del Sol in particular I don't care for too much... Short filler (I believe it's a cuban sandwich) which I don't like, plus the cap is ridiculously sweet... WAY too sweet... On the other hand, one of my favorite cigars is a Java. I really like the Tabak's as well, but not nearly as much as the java. Now here's an odd thing, since someone mentioned it being a "gateway" cigar... Acid... A few months after I had been smoking cigars, I got my hands on an Acid (kuba kuba) to try. I hated it... Tasted like incense in my opinion and was just terrible... A few years later a buddy gave me a cigar as a gift... Go figure it was an Acid Kuba Kuba... So as not to be impolite I went ahead and smoked it.. I didn't particularly care for it, but it wasn't bad.. It wasn't nearly what I remembered... Fast forward another few months, and another friend gives me an Acid Atom Maduro... I light it up and ..... whoa... This is actually not bad... In fact... it was pretty damn good.... Wow... So I tried a few more... Acid Toast, great.... Acid Def Sea, eh, not so much, but still not bad... Then I try an Acid Deep Dish... And really enjoy it... Now here's the funny part... I later find out that the Deep Dish and Kuba Kuba are almost identical... So I get another kuba kuba and sure enough, I think it's great... WHA?!? So yeah, right now in my "infused" humidor I've got a stack of kuba kuba, deep dish, javas, tabaks, toast, opulence 3 (which is AWESOME in my opinion), and a couple other singles of various types... So the point is... it almost worked in the reverse for me... I don't know if my tastes changed, or their processes changed... but early on I hated the damn things, and now I don't mind enjoying them once in a while (the Acid line that is).... And, a couple years back J0z3r sent me some cognac infused cigars from a local shop... Those things were pretty awesome too!
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Look what the cat dragged in. Geez Greg, long time no see...how ya been?
  • rusiriusrusirius Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 564
    j0z3r:
    Speaking of those cognac infused beauties!!! LOL, Been great Joe, just crazy busy with life and work! How have things been on that side of the country?
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    rusirius:
    j0z3r:
    Speaking of those cognac infused beauties!!! LOL, Been great Joe, just crazy busy with life and work! How have things been on that side of the country?
    No complaints over here...except these summer temps.
  • Lift603Lift603 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 253
    After reading this thread I just ran out and grabbed a tabak especial red eye and acid opulence 3. Can't wait to get em a try
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    j0z3r:
    I just fell off my chair. Nice to see you around for a minute. Hope all is well.
  • stadstad Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 386
    Has anyone heard of Lars Tetens cigars? I have 7 of them I'll never smoke cause infused is not my thing but if anyone is interested in them let me know.
  • Lift603Lift603 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 253
    For those of you who have tried the tabak especial red eye and the acid opulence 3 which do you think is better? I plan on trying both this week and was wondering how others compare the two.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    Just FYI to newer members do not I repeat do not put flavored/infused cigars in your humi with your non infused cigars!!!!!! Even if they all are celloed
  • IONTCIONTC Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 172
    WhoDeyGal:
    IONTC:
    Well I am "all that is man" and I'm not opposed to the idea just never had one. I'm not a huge fan of any kind of sweets but love coffee. What would you recommend for coffe lovers? Although I dont actually think it's infused I picked up some Oliveros Black Knights off the sprint. Pretty mild cigar but with a GREAT coffee taste.
    I can vouch for the tabak especial line. The two different ones I have had were really good :)

I'll have to give those a try, luckily I see those on the sprint all the time :)