Home General Discussion

Infused cigars

WhoDeyGalWhoDeyGal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 720
Are infused cigars mostly consumed by women or are there men out there that enjoy them too? Curious after noticing the Weekend Blitz was the Isla Del Sol and the corona size was sold out on Thursday. Surely couldn't be all women buying, right?

Comments

• Darth VaderDarth Vader Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 219
    Tabak Especial negra.... one of my fav
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    there are TONS of men out there that like them.

however, i am not one of them.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    I like the isla de sol. The other are just ok. Once I get past the sweetness on the wrapper the rest isn't so good. With the Isla de Sol I find I like the actual tobacco flavors.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,384
    +1 for isla del sol. It's the only infused I like and usually smoke one while fishing. Just wish it didn't have that damn sweet cap on it. Get passed that and it's a very enjoyable smoke!
  • WhoDeyGalWhoDeyGal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 720
    Trying the Isla del sol now. Enjoying it so far... Now if I could only learn how to friggin' retrohale so I can enjoy it more.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    I can't tell you how many times I've been hanging out at the B&M and a group of 2-3 guys walk in and go straight to the Acids. I think infused/flavored cigars are a lot more accessible to those who've never had a cigar and/or never known anybody who is into cigars to guide them.

I'm not a particular fan of infused cigars myself, but I've been known to enjoy the occasional Java or Tabak Especial.
    j0z3r:
    I can't tell you how many times I've been hanging out at the B&M and a group of 2-3 guys walk in and go straight to the Acids. I think infused/flavored cigars are a lot more accessible to those who've never had a cigar and/or never known anybody who is into cigars to guide them.

I'm not a particular fan of infused cigars myself, but I've been known to enjoy the occasional Java or Tabak Especial.
    So, in your opinion, do you think it's a gateway cigar? I myself as a noob and a woman, like both infused and regular. I find both enjoyable, so wasn't sure if the infused was broadly enjoyed by men.
    WhoDeyGal:
    j0z3r:

So, in your opinion, do you think it's a gateway cigar? I myself as a noob and a woman, like both infused and regular. I find both enjoyable, so wasn't sure if the infused was broadly enjoyed by men.
    I think they can be a gateway cigar for some, sure. I was never all that interested in infused/flavored cigars, though I have tried several over the years...so for me, I was looking for that traditional cigar experience. I think you can equate it to beer...a lot of people start out with something like Bud Light, some stick with that while others explore the craft side of it, and still others skip the easy in and go straight to the craft brews. That's overly simplified, but I think my idea comes through.
  • jliujliu Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,055
    I do not like infused cigars. I give it to women. juuuust kidding. I'm typically not a big fan of super sweet cigars (I feel like most infused cigars are over the top synthetic sweet).
  • VisionVision Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,701
    My dad has been smoking cigars for close to 30 years. As a kid I remember him smoking La Unica and Te-Amo. He was given a Drew Estates Tabak from RobGreen and that is now his go to cigar. I guess tastes can change in both directions.
  • OldBlueEyes2012OldBlueEyes2012 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 239
    Well, I had one once. It was an Acid Blondie, and it was like I was sucking on a stick filled with sugar. So that kind of turned me off to them. Any other ones out there I should try that aren't too crazy? Sometimes I get bored of really full bodied stogies.
    OldBlueEyes2012:
    Well, I had one once. It was an Acid Blondie, and it was like I was sucking on a stick filled with sugar. So that kind of turned me off to them. Any other ones out there I should try that aren't too crazy? Sometimes I get bored of really full bodied stogies.
    I think the Java and Tabak Esp are good infused cigars, I enjoy them as a change of pace now and then. I think both have a sweetened tip, but that can be fixed by wiping with a damp towel.
    j0z3r:
    OldBlueEyes2012:
    I think the Java and Tabak Esp are good infused cigars, I enjoy them as a change of pace now and then. I think both have a sweetened tip, but that can be fixed by wiping with a damp towel.
    Hmm. I'll look into getting a Tabak around here. I just looked up a review on them and I think I'll try one next.
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,484
    OldBlueEyes2012:
    j0z3r:
    OldBlueEyes2012:
    Hmm. I'll look into getting a Tabak around here. I just looked up a review on them and I think I'll try one next.
    PM me your addy and ill send you 1 ;)
  • BigT06BigT06 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,899
    j0z3r:
    OldBlueEyes2012:
    +1
    firetruckguy:
    OldBlueEyes2012:
    j0z3r:
    OldBlueEyes2012:
    That's very generous of you! Anything in particular on your wish list? I don't have much but I can check.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,377
    I like infused cigars from time to time. The only ones I really like are the coffee infused, like Tabak and the Isla Del Sol.

The Java is also a good smoke from time to time. I usually enjoy them with my morning coffee.
    Glad to see it is excepted by men too. So far the coffee and the moontrance are my favs when it comes to the infused. I can see why some wouldn't like over the top sweetness, exspecially when you're use to a stronger note.
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,484
    OldBlueEyes2012:
    firetruckguy:
    OldBlueEyes2012:
    j0z3r:
    OldBlueEyes2012:
    That's very generous of you! Anything in particular on your wish list? I don't have much but I can check.
    No need to send anything, happy to help. Hurry and get a cooler..........
  • IONTCIONTC Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 172
    Well I am "all that is man" and I'm not opposed to the idea just never had one. I'm not a huge fan of any kind of sweets but love coffee. What would you recommend for coffe lovers? Although I dont actually think it's infused I picked up some Oliveros Black Knights off the sprint. Pretty mild cigar but with a GREAT coffee taste.
    IONTC:
    Well I am "all that is man" and I'm not opposed to the idea just never had one. I'm not a huge fan of any kind of sweets but love coffee. What would you recommend for coffe lovers? Although I dont actually think it's infused I picked up some Oliveros Black Knights off the sprint. Pretty mild cigar but with a GREAT coffee taste.
    I can vouch for the tabak especial line. The two different ones I have had were really good :)
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    I am not one for infused/flavored cigars, IMO infusing/flavoring takes something out of the meaning of a cigar. It always amazes me when I smoke a cigar how many flavors you can find without having to flavor it. To me flavoring takes away from the uniqueness of cigars and I always Wondered about the quaulity of the tabacco that goes into them.
    firetruckguy:
    OldBlueEyes2012:
    firetruckguy:
    OldBlueEyes2012:
    j0z3r:
    OldBlueEyes2012:
    No need to send anything, happy to help. Hurry and get a cooler..........
    Haha yeah I know, I need to pick one up.
  • seagarloverseagarlover Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 437
    Nothing wrong with infused CGARS BUT, I think that if yiou have never smoked a CGAR before, you should not start with an infused, I do not think you will understand what CGAR smoking is all about, that's just one man's opinion. "EVERY CIGAR TELLS A DIFFERENT STORY, EVERY CIGAR IS A HAND CRAFTED PIECE OF HISTORY"
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    WhoDeyGal:
    So far the coffee and the moontrance are my favs when it comes to the infused.
    +1 - I don't smoke them often, but when I do, these are definitely my favorite ones.
    One of the first cigars I ever smoked was a moontrance and I will pick up maybe 1/year because it brings back memories....

I'm normally not "in the mood" for an infused cigar, but my fiance likes them ... so if I know she'll only want a few puffs I'll grab a "coffee" one so we can share it as a morning smoke with a cup of espresso.
    Coffee wise - I've only had the Tabak Cafe Con Leche & Red Eye, and Isla Del Sol.
    IMO Cafe Con Leche and Isla Del Sol are similar but Cafe Con Leche had better flavors throughout and not as much sweetness on the tip.
    And the Red Eye was definitely good too but it was "bolder" than the other two.

On a somewhat un-related note:
    Has anyone tried the ION Sphere-Mint? I'm a sucker for mojitos (definitely my favorite mixed-drink) and the description of these peaked my interest when they first came out ... but I'm scared it won't be what I want...any feedback? I couldn't find anything in the ratings/reviews section
  • 0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
    I'm not much into the "infused" cigars. Although I will admit that I do like the Moontrance.
    Acids and the coffee infused don't do much for me. But I know several people who will grab those, as quick as they'd grab a padron. Why? No idea. It is what they like.

Some people start out smoking infused. Acids seem to be a big brand for people starting out.

As for understanding what cigar smoking is all about, I've been smoking cigars since 1999 and I still have no clue. I equate the path of cigar smoking to the path of life. Each turn discovers new things and likes and dislikes have a habit of changing in an instance. With cigar smoking comes new discoveries, new friends and new experiences.
  • WaterDemonWaterDemon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 269
    I enjoy the Java and Tabak Esp. To me it's like a dessert, I don't always have one, but every once in awhile I crave for one. Luckily my GF loves the infused cigars so we keep a humidor dedicated to them. It use to be mine, until she took it over with her acids and such...but eh oh well.
  • *Petey**Petey* Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 375
    BigT06:
    j0z3r:
    OldBlueEyes2012:
    +1
    +2 to the change opf pace refence. I actually won't have a single one in stock, but a buddy of mine gave me an Isla Del Sol a while back and I smoked an acid blondie with my father in law over the last weekend. Both we're a bit sweet for my preference, but both really enjoyable smokes. The Isla del Sol pairs really nice with coffee in the afternoon and the blondie actually followed a Tat Havana VI hermosa and it was like eating a meal and then having desert afterwards.

There is a time and a place for everything.
  • josiahcoljosiahcol Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 70
    I don't mind an infused every once and a while to change it up, typically i'll smoke a Tabak or CAO flavor like moontrance or the honey one. First cigar i ever smoke back 2 years ago was an ACID blondie, guess maybe that has something to do with it. I have a few friends who also started out with something infused, i think its an easy start for someone to get an introduction to cigars
  • Gaetano7890Gaetano7890 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 771
    I did enjoy the caffe con leche awhile back it did get a little sweet at the end. Been looking at the red eye since my palate has evolved into fuller smokes anyone try it yet.