what is your go to stick?

2»

Comments

• BigT06BigT06 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,899
    catfishbluezz:
    BigT06:
    Undercrown (toro)

JdN DC (El Martillo)

I smoke as many of these 2 cigars as I do all others combined. Easily.
    Just introduced my buddy to the dc and he was tripping on it not being a Maduro. I love them...and need more simply because the ones I have I wanted to age. They come up on sprint for about $30 for 10 too....
    It's def a dark corojo wrapper... hence the name. lol. I wanna say you can snag em for just a shade under $34 usually (unless other folks are looking for em, which happens often around here) but it runs out somewhere in the $33 range. A freaking great deal on a great cigar.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    BigT06:
    catfishbluezz:
    BigT06:
    Undercrown (toro)

JdN DC (El Martillo)

Just introduced my buddy to the dc and he was tripping on it not being a Maduro. I love them...and need more simply because the ones I have I wanted to age. They come up on sprint for about $30 for 10 too....
    It's def a dark corojo wrapper... hence the name. lol. I wanna say you can snag em for just a shade under $34 usually (unless other folks are looking for em, which happens often around here) but it runs out somewhere in the $33 range. A freaking great deal on a great cigar.
    at some point the name is all for show.

a maduro is traditionally a thicker leaf like a connecticut broadleaf. but any leaf can go through the maduro process. (the corojo leaf is thinner and does not stand up the the maduro process as well. this is why you dont see many out there. Camacho has a corojo maduro in the Camacho Diploma Maduro). So, what makes the corojo on the DC dark? the same thing that makes a maduro dark: fermentation.
    it could have also been called JdN Corojo Maduro.

"dark corojo" sounds nicer if you ask me.
  • madurofanmadurofan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,152
    kuzi16:
    BigT06:
    catfishbluezz:
    BigT06:
    Undercrown (toro)

JdN DC (El Martillo)

at some point the name is all for show.

a maduro is traditionally a thicker leaf like a connecticut broadleaf. but any leaf can go through the maduro process. (the corojo leaf is thinner and does not stand up the the maduro process as well. this is why you dont see many out there. Camacho has a corojo maduro in the Camacho Diploma Maduro). So, what makes the corojo on the DC dark? the same thing that makes a maduro dark: fermentation.
    it could have also been called JdN Corojo Maduro.

"dark corojo" sounds nicer if you ask me.
    I'm not 100% sure on this as I couldn't find it anywhere else but I was told by the DE rep that the DC is NOT a maduro it is an oscuro.

I know you already know this kuz but for those not in the know. The main difference between oscuro and maduro is that maduro gets its dark coloring from the fermentation process done AFTER it is harvested. Oscuro gets its dark coloring from being left on the stalk out in the field longer.
  • JonnysmokesJonnysmokes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 48
    Oliva V #4 Cain Daytona #4 MJ12
  • aeon_spiral@yahoo.comaeon_spiral@yahoo.com Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,101
    Jonnysmokes:
    Oliva V #4 Cain Daytona #4 MJ12
    I just hit toombes with a cain daytona #4 definately my favorite size. Damn good smoke
  • KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 908
    as others have noted....it depends on many things.
    oddly enough, there are times when I can't decide.....that's when I grab a well aged GH 2002....consistent and satisfying, and it helps me decide what to smoke next!
    I usually pick out gars for the weekend on Friday morning, and always throw one or two of those in the smoking humi in the event I open it and stare stupidly at the cigars..............it's what happens when you get old...