Home General Discussion

what is your go to stick?

aeon_spiral@yahoo.comaeon_spiral@yahoo.com Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,101
There maybe a thread for thi but I'm at work bored and browsing from my phone so here it is lol. What is your g to gar? And why that brand blend and size? Mine is the 5 vegas miami box pressed m-5. I chose this because of the price point consistent flavor profile and the size is great not to hard to hold withe mouth or hand the box press makes it burn longer and cooler with few if any burn problems ever experienced. The flavor profile just nails everything I'm looking for in a "ideal smoke" sweet but not sugary/syrupy. Some pepper but not spicy. Earthy enough undertones to mellow it out. And they age well. So again what's yours what size and why?

Comments

• madurofanmadurofan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,152
    For years and years my go to was the CAO MX-2 or the Sol Cubano Sumatra. The SC Sumatra is no longer available and the MX-2 is no longer what it once was, thanks GC. I don't know that I really have a go to anymore. The MoW PA is almost always in my humi and I reach for it often, but thats really about the time factor. Don't get me wrong I love the PA but if I had an unlimited amount of time I wouldn't grab it. When I'm at the B&M I grab something different damn near every time.
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,358
    Same here, I am still too new to have a "go to" because I am constantly trying new stuff. Maybe someday...
  • CvilleECvilleE Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,177
    Yeah this is hard..right now, with what I have (no b@m available), and can't decide what to smoke...I try to always keep a Kristoff on hand. Since AJ started taking my money, I know the Little Devils or a MOW PA will be by my side...you can't go wrong with any of these...
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    Tons....Padron natural, RP90 churchill, Black Market, Ruination, MOWPA, MOWPAM, MOWLD, Havana Nobles, MF #1, San Cristobal, MUWAT.... I am sure I can think of more, but if i grab any of those i will be happy. These are what I "go to" when something else is horrid or makes me put it out.
  • aeon_spiral@yahoo.comaeon_spiral@yahoo.com Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,101
    catfishbluezz:
    Tons....Padron natural, RP90 churchill, Black Market, Ruination, MOWPA, MOWPAM, MOWLD, Havana Nobles, MF #1, San Cristobal, MUWAT.... I am sure I can think of more, but if i grab any of those i will be happy. These are what I "go to" when something else is horrid or makes me put it out.
    Good choices the only 1 I can tolerate from that list is the black market lol. The rest just were too much for me like the mow or just didn't hit the mark like the rp90. Never had a san cristobal what's it like?
    aeon_spiral@yahoo.com:
    catfishbluezz:
    Good choices the only 1 I can tolerate from that list is the black market lol. The rest just were too much for me like the mow or just didn't hit the mark like the rp90. Never had a san cristobal what's it like?
    Well...it is a smooth maduro in my opinion. It's got some heat to it, but I find it to be consistent and complex with notes of black cherry. I love them personally, but then I like all of those. How long have you been smoking?
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
  • aeon_spiral@yahoo.comaeon_spiral@yahoo.com Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,101
    catfishbluezz:
    aeon_spiral@yahoo.com:
    catfishbluezz:
    Well...it is a smooth maduro in my opinion. It's got some heat to it, but I find it to be consistent and complex with notes of black cherry. I love them personally, but then I like all of those. How long have you been smoking?
    Been smoking about 2.5 years far as cigars go. Found very few cigars with those notes of cherry in them. Would love to try this one. Hell I don't believe I've ever even seen 1
    aeon_spiral@yahoo.com:
    catfishbluezz:
    aeon_spiral@yahoo.com:
    catfishbluezz:
    Been smoking about 2.5 years far as cigars go. Found very few cigars with those notes of cherry in them. Would love to try this one. Hell I don't believe I've ever even seen 1
    The toro size is what I like, definately on the top 10 maduro list for me. I am surprised you did not like the MUWAT if you like the Black Market. You do not see them discounted much honestly, but they have them here.
  • Gaetano7890Gaetano7890 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 771
    Something from Al Fernandez it seems more and more if I smoke something that not I'm disappointed could be in my head but I'm never disappointed with his cigars.
    catfishbluezz:
    aeon_spiral@yahoo.com:
    catfishbluezz:
    aeon_spiral@yahoo.com:
    catfishbluezz:
    The toro size is what I like, definately on the top 10 maduro list for me. I am surprised you did not like the MUWAT if you like the Black Market. You do not see them discounted much honestly, but they have them here.
    If you ever see them and think of me and wanna pick one up ill gladly trade or send you the cash for it
  • Poker SlobPoker Slob Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 996
    My go-to stick would have to be the JdN Celebracion. I always have at least 1 full box aging for a backup.
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    I don't have an any-time go to....
    But the 5V Cask Strength II would be my "go-to" cigar after a steak dinner with a glass of red wine.
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,358
    jgibv:
    But the 5V Cask Strength II would be my "go-to" cigar after a steak dinner with a glass of red wine.
    +1 especially in the box pressed
  • MTuccelliMTuccelli Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,587
    Torano Silver Exodus and or Padilla series 68

mmccartneydc:
    jgibv:
    mmccartneydc, have you tried both vitolas of this? I love the box-pressed too much and feel like I'd be cheating if I tried the "Firkin"/gordo...and I just can't bring myself to do it.

Like I said, I've only smoked the box pressed (toro) but if you pair the cigar, wine, and steak together, you're in for a great evening - perfect combo IMHO.
    jgibv:
    mmccartneydc:
    jgibv:
    mmccartneydc, have you tried both vitolas of this? I love the box-pressed too much and feel like I'd be cheating if I tried the "Firkin"/gordo...and I just can't bring myself to do it.

Like I said, I've only smoked the box pressed (toro) but if you pair the cigar, wine, and steak together, you're in for a great evening - perfect combo IMHO.
    I like the firkin over the toro imho
    aeon_spiral@yahoo.com:
    jgibv:
    mmccartneydc:
    jgibv:

I like the firkin over the toro imho
    PM to you, so I don't jack this thread too much further.....
  • JapilisJapilis Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 11
    danielzreyes:
    Oliva V
    +1.. Add Cain and Diesel.
  • ToombesToombes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,451
    I don't have a specific "go-to" stick, but I usually keep some AJ Fresh-rolled on hand and I always go for a Tatuaje when I have one around.
  • DirewolfDirewolf Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,493
    JDN Antano Dark Corojo
  • OchoZachoOchoZacho Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,471
    Undercrown gran toro
    OchoZacho:
    Undercrown gran toro
    Hell yeah! Great stick
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    my go tos:
    San Lotano Habano
    Joya de Nicaragua Celebracion

• 0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
    Torano 1916 is my go to.

I always have some in my humidor.
    kuzi16:
    my go tos:
    San Lotano Habano
    Joya de Nicaragua Celebracion

i was gifted a joya de nicaragua when i first started out didnt care for it which is odd seeing as how i mainly smoke nicaraguan and then dominican id give it another shot though
  • rzamanrzaman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,604
    Padron 2000, Avo, Cohiba Lancero
  • GoldyGoldy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,636
    R&J Viejo, never been dissapointed.
  • BigT06BigT06 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,899
    Undercrown (toro)

JdN DC (El Martillo)

I smoke as many of these 2 cigars as I do all others combined. Easily.
    BigT06:
    Undercrown (toro)

JdN DC (El Martillo)

I smoke as many of these 2 cigars as I do all others combined. Easily.
    Just introduced my buddy to the dc and he was tripping on it not being a Maduro. I love them...and need more simply because the ones I have I wanted to age. They come up on sprint for about $30 for 10 too....