Home General Discussion

A budget cigar that surprised you.

2»

Comments

• RampMonkeyRampMonkey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,808
    KingoftheCove:
    LHC Oscuro Fuerte Toro.............let those sit for a year or so, and wow!
    I've picked them up for well under $2/ea (at box price.)

oh yeah +1 LHCOF is great with some age :D Great call King.
  • Gaetano7890Gaetano7890 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 771
    Sol Cubano Special Dark is my all time favorite budget cigar if you consider 3-5 a budget cigar. I have been talking about it for a while now also I like Morro Castle a great medium with some kick.
  • madurofanmadurofan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,152
    danielzreyes:
    Russ55:
    KCW:
    j0z3r:
    Steve2010:
    You can also add JFOO to the list. Great flavor profile disguised as a cheapie.
    Am I correct in assuming the acronym stands J Fuego Origen Original? If so, then yes yes yes, fantastic cigar...ugly as sin, but so much flavor...Fuego is definitely a blender I keep an eye on.
    I've been meaning to try this one for a while.
    Those things are great.
    +1 I forgot about those
    These things were awesome but I haven't seen them in years, where are you getting them?
  • 0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
    Imgembo:
    mmccartneydc:
    Well, I would say that the majority of my humi is in the 4-5 dollar range, but the Sancho Panza line as well as the Remedios 92 are always in there.
    Had my first sancho panza this weekend the dbl madruo. It was pretty good i need to revisit it though.
    I've always liked the Sancho Panza line, but it seems to be one that gets put on the back burner and forgotten. LOL!
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    the Sancho Panza Extra Fuerte was one of my early favorites.
    kuzi16:
    the Sancho Panza Extra Fuerte was one of my early favorites.
    I remember those days, kuzi sang the praises of Gurkha Regent and the SP EF. You were right about the EF. But the last couple I've had weren't the same had big veins in the wrapper and all kinds of construction issues. They were always a budget cigar the last few made me think they were cheapos.
  • DynaguyDynaguy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 49
    Gotta agree with the Sol Cubano Special Dark. I bought them on a whim, fully expecting they would be miserable. What a pleasant surprise! I'll be buying more of these gems....
    Dynaguy:
    Gotta agree with the Sol Cubano Special Dark. I bought them on a whim, fully expecting they would be miserable. What a pleasant surprise! I'll be buying more of these gems....
    Sol Cubano is an underrated line in general.