Home General Discussion

A budget cigar that surprised you.

0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
I'm bored again. Insomnia does that. LOL!

I got to thinking. A while back, Ccom had 10 packs of Cusano Factory Select Cameroon Preferidos on sale.
Being the cameroon fiend that I am, for the price I couldn't pass it up. I'm glad I got them, because I was really surprised at how well the turned out. It was actually a decent construction, the burn was nice and it had that good cameroon taste I like. All in all, I'd buy it again and again.

So the question is...................

What budget cigars did you ever come across that surprised you?

Comments

• danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    Perdomo lot 23/ 777 maddy
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    Aj fresh rolled...see r&r forum
  • 0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
    catfishbluezz:
    Aj fresh rolled...see r&r forum
    Saw that one. Those are on my list to keep an eye out for. : )
  • Steve2010Steve2010 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,036
    Easy: 1844-50.
    Steve2010:
    Easy: 1844-50.
    Ditto
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Lot of love for the 1844 around here. I was less than impressed with it myself...not bad, just not something I'd reach for.
    j0z3r:
    Lot of love for the 1844 around here. I was less than impressed with it myself...not bad, just not something I'd reach for.
    The only 1844 that I like is the 50, I was underwhelmed by the rest.
    You can also add JFOO to the list. Great flavor profile disguised as a cheapie.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Steve2010:
    Am I correct in assuming the acronym stands J Fuego Origen Original? If so, then yes yes yes, fantastic cigar...ugly as sin, but so much flavor...Fuego is definitely a blender I keep an eye on.
    j0z3r:
    Steve2010:
    Am I correct in assuming the acronym stands J Fuego Origen Original? If so, then yes yes yes, fantastic cigar...ugly as sin, but so much flavor...Fuego is definitely a blender I keep an eye on.
    100% correct.
  • KCWKCW Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,253
    j0z3r:
    Steve2010:
    I've been meaning to try this one for a while.
  • SaVasSaVas Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 250
    I am a fan of Cuba Libre One, LHC, LHCOF, 5 Vegas Classic, and AAA. All decent budget cigars. While not overly complex, I find them consistent and enjoyable. And honestly another one I have enjoyed recently is the Garo Triple Habano churchill. It's been spot on burn wise, great draw, decent flavor.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    J. Fuego 777 corojo and the J. Fuego Origin Originals.
  • Dude LoveDude Love Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 315
    Rocky Patel R4. They could box them and sell them for twice the price easily.
  • RCY CigarsRCY Cigars Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,346
    Gran Habano Azteca Fuerte, J. Fuego 777 maduro, Royal Nicaraguan from two years ago, Carlos Torano Dominico from three years ago...

• denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    Gurkha Park Ave. I don't necessarily reach for a Gurkha as first choice and I certainly don't usually go for a mild smoke but dude, these are great.
  • RampMonkeyRampMonkey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,808
    GH V2002 is not a bad choice either. Great stick anytime of day and easy on the wallet :D
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,377
    Bahia Maduro. Great smoke, $39.95 for a mazo of 20.

• aeon_spiral@yahoo.comaeon_spiral@yahoo.com Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,101
    Don gordo big butt habano. Found em on a fluke at my local b&m. Great construction great flavor id easily give it a 90 rating. 3$ including tax
  • Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    KCW:
    j0z3r:
    Steve2010:
    Those things are great.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    Russ55:
    KCW:
    j0z3r:
    Steve2010:
    Those things are great.
    +1 I forgot about those
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    All my favorite budgets are already out there I'll just add a couple more to the list La Estella and Don Lino Afrika.
  • ImgemboImgembo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 657
    Rhamlin:
    All my favorite budgets are already out there I'll just add a couple more to the list La Estella and Don Lino Afrika.
    I heard the don lino was a very complex cigar for the money but have wacky burn issues. What is your exp with them so far? They seem like a steel and they are one that i have wanted to try for a while. Plus the box art and bands are just awsome.
  • 0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
    The Don Lino Africa is one I get often. It is a great cigar, as far as I am concerned, but it does sometimes have burn issues. If you can get past the burn problems sometimes, it can be a pretty nice cigar.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    Saint Luis Rey, whenever I run into a store that carries only brand names this is what I usually come out with.
    +10 on the lot 23... I really want to try the azteca fuerte now. Chem is sending me the uhc with Age and a gh2002 to try. Lot23 is killing tonight image
    Rhamlin:
    I bought some afrika and buried them. I figured with 7 blends, they should age well. I'll know...in about 6 months lol
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,358
    Well, I would say that the majority of my humi is in the 4-5 dollar range, but the Sancho Panza line as well as the Remedios 92 are always in there.
  • KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 908
    LHC Oscuro Fuerte Toro.............let those sit for a year or so, and wow!
    I've picked them up for well under $2/ea (at box price.)

• ImgemboImgembo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 657
    mmccartneydc:
    Well, I would say that the majority of my humi is in the 4-5 dollar range, but the Sancho Panza line as well as the Remedios 92 are always in there.
    Had my first sancho panza this weekend the dbl madruo. It was pretty good i need to revisit it though.