Home General Discussion

CCOM FORUM BLEND WEEKLY POLL 1: BODY

Alex SvensonAlex Svenson BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, Registered Users Posts: 1,204
Welcome to the first poll on our quest of creating a special blend for the forum. I am very excited about this project and look forward to everyones input. For anyone that is not familiar with what we are doing, please click HERE.

The first thing we need to decide on is body. Body is always the first things a blender thinks about as he sets out to make a blend. This vital decision will guide many decisions to come. For example, depending on how much strength we want, it will make some wrapper choices better than others. Connecticut is an excellent example of this. The flavor of a connecticut wrapper is very subtle and if you mix it with ligero fillers, you can drown out the flavor quickly. Body and flavor have a funny way of interacting with each other. Often times, smokers confuse body and flavor when in fact they are very seperate and one can ruin the other if not treated carefully. To be specific, body refers to the weight of the smoke on the palate (strength) and is something you sense or feel rather than taste. So at this point, go with your gut and what you like. There are many tobaccos we will be able to choose from no matter what body or strength the group decides. Welcome to your first glimpse of the process that is blending!

Here Are The Choices
Mild
Mild - Medium
Medium
Mediu- Full
Full

I would like to ask everyone to cast only one vote. We will keep this up until Monday 4/13/09 before switching to the next poll. Please feel free to leave your thoughts and opinions and explain why you are making the choice you are making. I would love to hear eveyrones thoughts and ideas!

Comments