Home General Discussion

Best Beer?

2»

Comments

• rzamanrzaman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,604
    Dog fish head 90, Newcastle Brown ale, Dois M(It is a cheap beer from Mozambique)
  • jliujliu Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,055
    Sporus:
    Lagunitas IPA is my go-to. I love me some Pliny the Elder when I can get my hands on it (or get my ace up to Santa Rosa).

All in all, though, I like trying new stuff. Kind of like how I am with cigars. Have ones I like, but don't drink them because I've had them before.
    plus one on the pliny the elder. luckily, w/in the east bay (where i'm at), you don't have to search too hard for it to be tapped. i also like Drakes. their denogenizer (imperial IPA) and hopocolypse (double PIA) is awesome. i'm a bit of an IPA whore. but don't get me wrong... if it's a hot sunny day out, coors me baby.
  • MVW67MVW67 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,447
    New Glarus Cabin Fever, Smithwicks, Leiny's Sunset Wheat or Summer Shandy!
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    MVW67:
    Oooo that reminds me, it's almost time for Summer Shandy, in cans, at the pool .... mmm, glorious.
  • MVW67MVW67 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,447
    jgibv:
    MVW67:
    Oooo that reminds me, it's almost time for Summer Shandy, in cans, at the pool .... mmm, glorious.
    Outup here and in the bars already!!:-)
    MVW67:
    jgibv:
    MVW67:
    Outup here and in the bars already!!:-)
    Nice....I'll have to look next time I'm at the store. I haven't seen it yet, but then again I haven't been looking.
    Summer Shandy is definitely towards the top of my list and is a "must have" summer beer for me.

I'm surpised to see so many IPAs on here too, that's definitely my favorite "style" of beer.

And Kuzi, I love me some Thirsty Dog and Great Lakes....especially their Xmas ales. Thirsty Dog's Xmas was better this past year IMO but both of those breweries put out some great beers year round.
  • HaybletHayblet Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,400
    I've been on a Stout kick lately, I have a huge bottle of Rogue Milk Stout, that I'm bout to go kill, Young's Double Chocolate Stout is divine on tap, I had another stout back on St Paddy's day at a place called The Yardhouse (220+ beers on tap, awesome) but I can't recall the name since I have half schlackered when I ordered it and fully schlackered by the time I finished what they call a "Half Yard" of it, I also have a 6'r of "Working Man's Steel Toe Stout" that will probably be drank tonight as well
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,384
    If youre on a stout kick try Irondale double chocolate stout, supremely good!
    I get most of my beer @ Total Wines, haven't been to a BevMo yet since moving out west, I'll look into it Vinny ^ ^ Also the Steel Toe working class Stout is pretty kick ass, nice n caramely n roasted flavors, would pair well with an Undercrown I would think
  • webmostwebmost Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,131
    Stowed ten cases of Bowers Bitters aboard my schooner in Aukland when embarking for Santa Cruz. Big 25 oz bottles. Bashed the last near Laysan reef. Too good to eke it out. Been dreaming about it ever since.

But the best single beer I ever had was after seven weeks drifting hapless in the doldrums on a big ketch... that's a long story, which I'll tell you if you want, but suffice it to say we were parched and starved and thought we might well die. Plunked a hundred down, said "Barkeep, hit me. Hit me again. Keep on hittin." I remember bouncing in the bed of a pickup looking at a dramatic sky thru fleeting branches, then waking up on the beach. Now that's a beer.

I can whip you up one hell of a dark pale ale in the garage. Problem with home brewing around here is can't get decent water on this sand bar. Gotta run up to PA and find a spring. Did you know that Dull-Aware is the only state where it's illegal to brew your own beer? Gummint. Buncha morons. Need to get over themselves.
  • BeernfritosBeernfritos Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 57
    Looks like I need to set aside more "sampling" time... alot of people order beer nowadays? totalwine pretty reliable?
  • DirewolfDirewolf Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,493
    Wish I could get some Pliny The Elder here. That is like a grail beer around theses parts. Can't ever find it.
    Just tried to find some myself. no-go. I was able to find some Delerium Tremens though. Been looking for that for about 2 years now.
    Beernfritos:
    Just tried to find some myself. no-go. I was able to find some Delerium Tremens though. Been looking for that for about 2 years now.
    As a Beer Snob I love Total Wines selection, I had Delirium last week was fantastic!!! Maybe I'm just a drunk, but dayum beer is good, had a few today while herfin with Spindrift and Jimmy, also got hooked up with a bottle of Anchor Bar "Hotter" wing sauce, since it's been forever and a day since I've been to Buffalo it was very much appreciated
  • ThinBluLine06ThinBluLine06 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 283
    Wouldnt necessarily call it the best...but my favorite beer to drink on the back proch while smoking/grilling is Boulevard Wheat.
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,454
    One of the best beers I've ever had:

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/1549/61100

Up there with it: Bourbon County, BC Coffee, Kate the Great, Firestone Parabola, Abacus, the Firestone Anniversary blends, KBS, CBS. I'm sure there are some amazing beers I'm missing but King Henry may have possibly been that one beer that was perfect, above and beyond its style.
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,707

Thread closed.
    For anyone looking to try new beers or trying to find nearby breweries, check out The Beer Mapping Project and then you can choose your region.
    They have additional maps listed by country on the left sidebar.
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    Best beer ive ever had? Chimay blue label. Distilled by monks in Europe. Best beer ever, perfect for a nice maduro cigar.
  • JDHJDH Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,107
    Krieg:
    Best beer ive ever had? Chimay blue label. Distilled by monks in Europe. Best beer ever, perfect for a nice maduro cigar.
    What kind of beer is it, where in Europe is it brewed, and where do you get it?
  • DirewolfDirewolf Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,493
    I love Trappist ales
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    hehe, this is a great one.. Like was mentioned too many to list, but some of my fav's are:

widmere snow plow - no longer around

South Tier creme brulee

Youngs double chocolate stout

Sam Adams Imperial Doble Bach (I haven't had the standard though)

Sam Adams Imperial Stout

Blue Moon

Fat Tire IPA

• webmostwebmost Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,131
    jgibv:
    For anyone looking to try new beers or trying to find nearby breweries, check out The Beer Mapping Project and then you can choose your region.
    They have additional maps listed by country on the left sidebar.

Hey thanks for this beermapping link. Great source for a series of rides.

Sounds like a great plan
  • illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,507
    Thomas Hardy's Ale with about 5 years on it, absolutely heaven. Also Scottie Katate Scotch Ale by Black Horse Brewing is great. La Fin Du Monde is another great summer beer too
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,454
    illinoisgolf99:
    Thomas Hardy's Ale with about 5 years on it, absolutely heaven. Also Scottie Katate Scotch Ale by Black Horse Brewing is great. La Fin Du Monde is another great summer beer too

I've heard some of the Hardy stuff is absolutely amazing. A friend of mine has had some from the 70s and said it's stellar.
    JDH:
    Krieg:
    What kind of beer is it, where in Europe is it brewed, and where do you get it?

Just picked up 2 bottles yesterday!

JDH, Here is the info on the beer, and I ordered mine Here. You may have to look around more if there isnt a total wine nearby, or they can't deliver to your area, but there are other places to get it.