Home General Discussion

Best Beer?

BeernfritosBeernfritos Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 57
I saw phobicsquirrel had posted about a disappointing beer he had, and I was wondering what everyone else considers the *best beer they have ever had. I'll go first:

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/215/2512

Found a bar down in Alabama that happened to serve these, and at about $12 (for the 11.2oz), it blew my mind. Those Monks sure know what the heck they are doing...

Comments

• danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    Moylan's Imperial Stout. Ca.
  • DirewolfDirewolf Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,493
    Way too many for me to pick one. If you point a gun at my head I'd have to say natty light
  • Ion_Warp_DriveIon_Warp_Drive Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5
    I'm quite fond of Russian Imperial stouts. Avery's Czar is good, as is North Coast's Old Rasputin. Of course my home brewed beer ranks highly too.
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    Direwolf:
    Way too many for me to pick one. If you point a gun at my head I'd have to say natty light
    Lol....what about natty ice?

Dogfish 90 min ipa
  • scarlinscarlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,592
    Corona with a lime followed by natty light. I'm not a huge fan of beer so I don't drink it much.
  • letsgowithbobletsgowithbob Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 676
    It would be a tie dogfishhead 120 minute IPA, and Old Peculier....both completely different, and delicious.
  • skweekzskweekz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,218
    Direwolf:
    +100,000,000. I think my body is 87% Natty
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    recently my favorite beers have been (in no particular order): Founders double trouble IPA, Southern Tier 2x IPA, Brother David's Triple Abby Ale, Thirsty Dog Brewing Co Cerberus Belgian Tripel, Lion Stout, Great Lakes Brewery Edmund Fitzgerald (porter)

• big chunksbig chunks Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,607
    My real favs are Left hand milk stout , Brooklyn Brewery's Black Chocolate Stout , or SixPoint's Sweet Action
  • BeernfritosBeernfritos Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 57
    kuzi16:
    recently my favorite beers have been (in no particular order): Founders double trouble IPA, Southern Tier 2x IPA, Brother David's Triple Abby Ale, Thirsty Dog Brewing Co Cerberus Belgian Tripel, Lion Stout, Great Lakes Brewery Edmund Fitzgerald (porter)

+1 to anything from Great Lakes. I always try to pick up at least the sampler box and a Christmas sixer whenever I can make it home for the holidays.
  • KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 908
    Tooth's Sheaf Stout (now owned by Foster's and called simply Sheaf Stout)

• SleevePlzSleevePlz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,408
    The best beer I ever had was a Bishop's Finger at a pub in Canterbury, England. Back home I spoil myself with a Hacker-Pschorr occasionally.
  • cmartincmartin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 130
    That Chimay is a great beer. Costco here by new has the 750ml bottle for $10. If you like that try celebrator. I can't remember the brewery. It starts w an "A". Also try St. Bernardus Apt12. All great dark Belgium beers.
  • Unthought_KnownUnthought_Known Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 454
    I hate IPA, and I hate most micro-brews that I've tried. Can't stand Sierra Nevada, Anchor Steam, etc. My favorites are probably Fat Tire and Guinness, although I recently tried another amber ale (Alleycat Amber) and it was phenomenal.
  • OchoZachoOchoZacho Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,471
    I really enjoy IPA's and have to say it a 3 way tie between Dogfish Head 90 min, Dogfish Head Squall IPA & Southern Tier 2x IPA.
  • KCWKCW Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,253
    If I'm not pounding them. I like to sit and enjoy a Newcastle Brown Ale. Funny thing is, I'm really not an "Ale Guy". Not convinced I've found an absolute favorite. Hmmm. Kinda like cigars......
  • jesenstenjesensten Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 36
    Favorite "everyday" beer... Surly Furious or Fulton Sweet Child of Vine

Favorite "one time" beer... Bell's Hopslam

Yep, I like hops... it seems to be a Twin Cities thing.

BTW, I'm new here... love the forums as a lurker but figured it's time to start posting!
  • JDHJDH Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,107
    For me it's a tie between Samuel Smith's Nut Brown Ale and Fuller's London Pride. Guiness comes in a very very close third.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    cmartin:
    Also try St. Bernardus Apt12. All great dark Belgium beers.
    Was going to mention that one myself, if I had to pick a favorite beer that one would be pretty high up on the list. Also the St Bernardus Wit is very nice, they make a quality beer. I'm not a hop-head, so I really appreciate a full flavored beer that's not too bitter. Have been enjoying the brews from Hangar 24 quite a bit, they're a local brewery about 40 mins away from me.
  • VulchorVulchor Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,176
    Leinenkugel Sunset Wheat, Holy Mackerel Panic Attack, Innis & Gunn Rum Cask
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,762
    In this order:

1)Cold

2)Open

3)In front of me.
  • jesenstenjesensten Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 36
    Vulchor:
    Leinenkugel Sunset Wheat, Holy Mackerel Panic Attack, Innis & Gunn Rum Cask

+1 on the Sunset Wheat. The Summer Shandy is also good on a 90+ degree day.
    JDH:
    For me it's a tie between Samuel Smith's Nut Brown Ale and Fuller's London Pride. Guiness comes in a very very close third.
    Love Samuel Smith's oatmeal stout and their organic cider
  • stowggiestowggie Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 399
    Pyramid apricot ale and add a orange slice it's great and or Drop Top with a lemon. Yes I fruit certain beers sorry but try them.
  • KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 908
    Unthought_Known:
    I hate IPA, and I hate most micro-brews that I've tried. Can't stand Sierra Nevada, Anchor Steam, etc. My favorites are probably Fat Tire and Guinness, although I recently tried another amber ale (Alleycat Amber) and it was phenomenal.
    Anchor? - not too bad
    Sierra Nevada - meh - I'm with you on that
    Fat Tire?? - Dude!!! - that's worse than BOTH Anchor or Sierra ....imho of course!
    Guinness - winnaahhh!! - one of my favorites
    From 2000 to mid 2003 I spent 50 to 70+ days/year in London (worked for an English company)
    2 Guinness for lunch and 4 after work was pretty much par for most of the guys who worked with me, Mon - thru Thurs.......Friday's were much worse............I developed a pretty serious Guinness habit which stayed with me for a year or two after working that job...........whew!

• big chunksbig chunks Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,607
    bandyt09:
    In this order:

1)Cold

2)Open

3)In front of me.
    I think we can all agree with that, and +1 chimay is a great beer
  • GrazuhGrazuh Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 164
    I can't pick one specific beer, but imperial IPA is my favorite type of beer right now. I can't wait for Great Lakes to release Lake Erie Monster again.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,384
    I'm an imperial stout whore. My long time favorite was North Coast Old Rasputin, followed closely by Drakes and Ten Fiddy RIS. Sierra Nevada 10th anniversary Barleywine is mind blowing, but i only have t bottles left. IPA's is Lagunitas or Stone Ruination. Amber/Brown would be Lost Coast Downtown Brown and a local microwbrew here in town called Sequoia Red. Too damn many to pick an overall winner but if you held a gun to my head it would be 21st Amendment Monks Blood which is damn near impossible to find, im don to my last 4 cans :(.
  • SporusSporus Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 236
    Lagunitas IPA is my go-to. I love me some Pliny the Elder when I can get my hands on it (or get my ace up to Santa Rosa).

All in all, though, I like trying new stuff. Kind of like how I am with cigars. Have ones I like, but don't drink them because I've had them before.