Home General Discussion

My humidor is anorexic *EDITED now Obese

Comments

• ToombesToombes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,451
    Hehehehehehehehe... Who's gonna be kind enough to PM me with the required info? David, do you want roses or carnations in the wreath?
  • kingdavid5kingdavid5 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 293
    jj20030:
    JHewey:
    kingdavid5:
    90+ Irishman:
    kingdavid5:
    90+ Irishman:
    I'm in a slightly different boat, started small with just a hand-me-down 150 count from my grandfather. Over time that grew into two more 20 cts from a bomb by Dad and another from brothers, an Xmas gift from my wife got me the 400 count cabinet, and then a bomb from Ken smacked me with my 15 ct Herf-A-Dor, and finally for my most recent birthday my wife got me a 48 qt cooler and beads. Over time from bombs, passes, trades they all eventually filled up mostly full or all full. My wife and I are young (24 and 23 respectively) and just starting out from being married and now saving to buy our first house. All this leads to the point that there is no way that I can be dropping hundereds of dollars a month on cigars. In fact most of my cigar budget goes to shipping things to other brothers and buying cigars that I want to bomb others with. All in all except for certain occasions (read Xmas and Birthday etc) I can't buy anything for myself except one's or two's here and there unless I save for a few months to be able to buy a box or special sampler that I've been drooling over. When it comes down to it I'm at where I am now due darned near solely to the grace and generosity of others on these boards. I spend about $75-$100 on a "bad" month on cigars or cigar related projects with 90% of that being shipping costs, clock components, or sticks that I want to buy for brothers.
    I'm trying to cut my budget cost on cigars and it seems like u did it the right way which I will be working on because I would buy a cigar or two almost every day to smoke and that is not the best idea. I did the sampler thing and it worked out pretty good but buying singles is a no go.. Good luck on the house purchase
    Thanks man, and yeah... YOU. ARE. FVCKED. SO. BAD.

LAst question at this point is what suit do you wanna be buried in... go pick out your casket while your at it; I'll write your eulogy for you if you'd like... it'll be a touching one I promise ;)
    Seems like this is some sort of plot
    Maybe I will send the lube you are gonna need. Lol
    your fixing to get a lube job yourself,lmao
    I'm thinking I spoke to soon
  • JHeweyJHewey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,411
    jj20030:
    JHewey:
    kingdavid5:
    90+ Irishman:
    kingdavid5:
    90+ Irishman:
    I'm in a slightly different boat, started small with just a hand-me-down 150 count from my grandfather. Over time that grew into two more 20 cts from a bomb by Dad and another from brothers, an Xmas gift from my wife got me the 400 count cabinet, and then a bomb from Ken smacked me with my 15 ct Herf-A-Dor, and finally for my most recent birthday my wife got me a 48 qt cooler and beads. Over time from bombs, passes, trades they all eventually filled up mostly full or all full. My wife and I are young (24 and 23 respectively) and just starting out from being married and now saving to buy our first house. All this leads to the point that there is no way that I can be dropping hundereds of dollars a month on cigars. In fact most of my cigar budget goes to shipping things to other brothers and buying cigars that I want to bomb others with. All in all except for certain occasions (read Xmas and Birthday etc) I can't buy anything for myself except one's or two's here and there unless I save for a few months to be able to buy a box or special sampler that I've been drooling over. When it comes down to it I'm at where I am now due darned near solely to the grace and generosity of others on these boards. I spend about $75-$100 on a "bad" month on cigars or cigar related projects with 90% of that being shipping costs, clock components, or sticks that I want to buy for brothers.
    I'm trying to cut my budget cost on cigars and it seems like u did it the right way which I will be working on because I would buy a cigar or two almost every day to smoke and that is not the best idea. I did the sampler thing and it worked out pretty good but buying singles is a no go.. Good luck on the house purchase
    Thanks man, and yeah... YOU. ARE. FVCKED. SO. BAD.

LAst question at this point is what suit do you wanna be buried in... go pick out your casket while your at it; I'll write your eulogy for you if you'd like... it'll be a touching one I promise ;)
    Seems like this is some sort of plot
    Maybe I will send the lube you are gonna need. Lol
    your fixing to get a lube job yourself,lmao
    Wait a min here. What did I do?
  • DirewolfDirewolf Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,493
    FRESH FISH !!! FRESH FISH !!!!!!FRESH FISH!!!!!!! FRESH FISH!!!!
    On a serious note, though. I'm in a similar situation. The majority, ok 94%, of my stock are bomb/trade sticks from other BoTL. In the past month I've spent more on shipping than I have on sticks since I joined the forum. I'm saving my lunch money now for another sampler purchase and I'll probably be eyeballing the SS as well for a deal. It's a great life, but it can take its toll on your bank account. After the passes I'm involved in are done I'll probably take a break for a while so I can work on filling the trunkidor, which I've affectionately named Roscoe.
    Toombes:
    On a serious note, though. I'm in a similar situation. The majority, ok 94%, of my stock are bomb/trade sticks from other BoTL. In the past month I've spent more on shipping than I have on sticks since I joined the forum. I'm saving my lunch money now for another sampler purchase and I'll probably be eyeballing the SS as well for a deal. It's a great life, but it can take its toll on your bank account. After the passes I'm involved in are done I'll probably take a break for a while so I can work on filling the trunkidor, which I've affectionately named Roscoe.
    It sure does take a toll I've tried to figure what's the best way to go and I'm thinking 5-packs and samplers because I think box purchases are only if you really like that particular cigar but I like variety
    kingdavid5:
    Toombes:
    It sure does take a toll I've tried to figure what's the best way to go and I'm thinking 5-packs and samplers because I think box purchases are only if you really like that particular cigar but I like variety

If it wasn't for the Brotherhood, my humi would be filled with Swishers or completely empty. But, everyone here has decided I need some leafy goodness from time to time and made my miserable existance much more pleasurable. Now, if I can just decide which sampler Andy needs to hook me up with...
  • JDHJDH Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,107
    greg2648:
    Its so funny. We are all like a bunch of Sharks that smell blood in the water. Fvcking awesome......
    WHTHF? Sheep don't even like water, & they fall over dead just to be irritating.
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,762
    David,

In all seriousness, never never NEVER give your addy to ANYONE on this forum named Todd. Do you hear me, NEVER to anyone ON THIS FORUM named TODD. I, opps, I mean he is a basterd when it comes to anorexic humidors and he will give it to the hardest hitters on the forum. Understand me, NEVER NEVER NEVER give it to anyone on the forum named Todd.

Wait a minute, hold the phone, I just checked my PM's and yep, it is already there.........

Forget the above message, YOU ARE SCREWED.............................

Ok guys, Inbox is open, send your requests now.................................
    Hey I got that addy too. But don't worry I'd never let anyone bribe me for your address. Hell I'll give it away for free
    Direwolf:
    Hey I got that addy too. But don't worry I'd never let anyone bribe me for your address. Hell I'll give it away for free
    I have heard that you not only will you give it away for free you'll post it on every gas station bathroom wall you pass......................thanks for that.
    I the post lady is really gonna hate me now
    kingdavid5:
    Don't worry, when they release her from the hospital she won't even remember who you are. However, with that much memory loss, they will probably promote her.
    bandyt09:
    kingdavid5:
    Don't worry, when they release her from the hospital she won't even remember who you are. However, with that much memory loss, they will probably promote her.
    Or she will get one of those really kickass electric scooters and no longer have to walk the route.
  • taythegibstaythegibs Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,024
    Haha, im glad i haven't made the mistake of posting one of these threads. I started with samplers and trades, and have now moved up to 10 packs and more trades, and i hope to soon make my first box purchase (ive stopped myself from doing that at 3am several times) I STALK the sprit sale and have gotten most of my recent purchases from there (10 est 1844 o 52, 10 5v A, Ccom label sampler, etc)

Goodluck, and go ahead and get a cooler....just saying.
  • deejmemixxdeejmemixx Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,064
    this was a brilliant post if you want your a$$ raped.
    taythegibs:
    Haha, im glad i haven't made the mistake of posting one of these threads. I started with samplers and trades, and have now moved up to 10 packs and more trades, and i hope to soon make my first box purchase (ive stopped myself from doing that at 3am several times) I STALK the sprit sale and have gotten most of my recent purchases from there (10 est 1844 o 52, 10 5v A, Ccom label sampler, etc)

Do you have an expense per week per month or u just buy when u see something. Once I get a collection and start smart buying def will invest in a coolidor
    king, check your inbox.
    taythegibs:

yeah but you did make the mistake of letting your address out into the wild..
    Direwolf:
    taythegibs:

He doesn't even know the evil hands it has fallen into..........Muwahahahaha!!!!!

kingdavid5:
    taythegibs:

Do you have an expense per week per month or u just buy when u see something. Once I get a collection and start smart buying def will invest in a coolidor
    I am a college kid and only work 3 days a week so i have a VERY Strict budget. I try to put about $30 a month to cigars, but last month i killed that and spent twice that (so i picked up shifts during my spring break) and it looks the same this month so im doing some yard work for extra cash. I was hoping to have a bit extra for some bombs this month but it isn't going to happen, but i participate in as many trades as i can. I have gotten some of the best cigars that i have smoked and wouldnt have tried otherwise via trades because the BOTL's are VERY generous and no matter what i do they all seem to be able to one up me with every trade.

i try not to make impulse buys, like right now i have $35 on a visa giftcard and have been watching for either a nice 5v sampler, a mazo of GH vintage 2002, and now a mazo of AJ Fernandez Fresh Rolled's. I now Research very thuroughly what i buy before i buy and the only purchase in the last two months that i have not been happy with was a 10 pack of 5v Gold Maduros but i am using most of them tfor trades and letting one or two get some age. If you look back at my first thread i made three rather quick impulse buys and bought some really good cigars (the CAO "stocking stuffer" from nov that really got me into cigars and onto Cigar.com) and some really bad ones (Victor Sinclair sampler from evil Mr Thompson that has haunted my phone and email ever since....) Now granted, if i had the spare cash right now i could spend about $800 really quickly on cigars i know i like and would enjoy,but i have to work hard on regulating myself which is something i have always had a lot of trouble with. I think that cigars have helped a whole lot with me being able to budget myself and not make those impulse buys even though they sometimes slip through.

Edit: and i started out with a small, 16 qt cooler that i am still using until hopefully this weekend when i get my new 48 qt igloo coolidor up and running, i can barely close the lid on it as is with my most recent trade with the awesome Mr Toombes and ive smoked 6 cigars in the last 3 days which would usually be what i allow myself for the month.
    bandyt09:
    Direwolf:
    taythegibs:

He doesn't even know the evil hands it has fallen into..........Muwahahahaha!!!!!

...its gonna change in August and then ill have to be crafty in my ways...
    taythegibs:
    kingdavid5:
    taythegibs:

I am a college kid and only work 3 days a week so i have a VERY Strict budget. I try to put about $30 a month to cigars, but last month i killed that and spent twice that (so i picked up shifts during my spring break) and it looks the same this month so im doing some yard work for extra cash. I was hoping to have a bit extra for some bombs this month but it isn't going to happen, but i participate in as many trades as i can. I have gotten some of the best cigars that i have smoked and wouldnt have tried otherwise via trades because the BOTL's are VERY generous and no matter what i do they all seem to be able to one up me with every trade.

i try not to make impulse buys, like right now i have $35 on a visa giftcard and have been watching for either a nice 5v sampler, a mazo of GH vintage 2002, and now a mazo of AJ Fernandez Fresh Rolled's. I now Research very thuroughly what i buy before i buy and the only purchase in the last two months that i have not been happy with was a 10 pack of 5v Gold Maduros but i am using most of them tfor trades and letting one or two get some age. If you look back at my first thread i made three rather quick impulse buys and bought some really good cigars (the CAO "stocking stuffer" from nov that really got me into cigars and onto Cigar.com) and some really bad ones (Victor Sinclair sampler from evil Mr Thompson that has haunted my phone and email ever since....) Now granted, if i had the spare cash right now i could spend about $800 really quickly on cigars i know i like and would enjoy,but i have to work hard on regulating myself which is something i have always had a lot of trouble with. I think that cigars have helped a whole lot with me being able to budget myself and not make those impulse buys even though they sometimes slip through.
    You worry about getting your edumacation and let us worry about how many smokes ya got. His address is being posted on the Executive bathroom wall for anyone that needs it.
  • ImgemboImgembo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 657
    taythegibs:
    kingdavid5:
    taythegibs:

Edit: and i started out with a small, 16 qt cooler that i am still using until hopefully this weekend when i get my new 48 qt igloo coolidor up and running, i can barely close the lid on it as is with my most recent trade with the awesome Mr Toombes and ive smoked 6 cigars in the last 3 days which would usually be what i allow myself for the month.
    You and me are in the exact same boat brother. Its so hard to restrain your self with all these great deals you can find on this site and the sprint sale!!!! Also kingdavid dont give you address out. Did that one time when i first got on the forums back in November with in 3 day i know longer had a mailbox.
    taythegibs:
    kingdavid5:
    taythegibs:

Impulse buys are the worse I walked in last week to a local shop paid 9$ for a padron 3000 regularly I would never purchase it for that amount but I had a long drive back and said forget it let's me get it and never come here again
    kingdavid5:
    taythegibs:
    kingdavid5:
    taythegibs:

Impulse buys are the worse I walked in last week to a local shop paid 9$ for a padron 3000 regularly I would never purchase it for that amount but I had a long drive back and said forget it let's me get it and never come here again
    I avoid b&M's right now, i could blow my budget on two or three smokes that i might not even like, and i know that if i follow the sprint sale i can get a 10 pack of smokes i know i like for that. the average price i have paid for the cigars ive bought in the last month is $2.30 each.
    taythegibs:
    kingdavid5:
    taythegibs:

Why, thank you, Mr taythegibs. From your post I see you're digging the Fresh Rolled. I thought you might like those.
    On the other hand, David you do realize you've screwed yourself don't you?
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    bandyt09:
    Direwolf:
    taythegibs:

"The horror.......the horror..."
    Direwolf:
    taythegibs:

yes, giving out addys is wrong. :D
    deejmemixx:
    Direwolf:
    taythegibs:

yes, giving out addys is wrong. :D
    lets concentrate on Mr David here, he is the one needing Cigars not I.