Home General Discussion

My humidor is anorexic *EDITED now Obese

kingdavid5kingdavid5 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 293
I think I smoke too much one day this bad boy is filled next thing you kno this is how I am looking. How do you guys keep your humidors filled. How often do you buy, do you buy 5 packs, boxes or singles.. Think I need cigar therapy lol This is my humidor today after all the bombs I don't think I can take it anymore throwing up the white flag imageimage

Comments

• 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    Hmmm me thinks David might need a little cigar love.... those CC's look awefully lonely...
  • RCY CigarsRCY Cigars Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,346
    I can help show you, if you like, lol....

RCY Cigars:

By the way, what size humidor is that anyway. Just asking, that's all....

• OchoZachoOchoZacho Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,471
    Poor David, you'll learn one day. It's best to just keep your thoughts to yourself sometimes......
    OchoZacho:
    Poor David, you'll learn one day. It's best to just keep your thoughts to yourself sometimes......
    But it's such a wonderful pain to feel lol
  • kingdavid5kingdavid5 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 293
    RCY Cigars:
    RCY Cigars:

By the way, what size humidor is that anyway. Just asking, that's all....

It's a 50 count Yukon humidor not to big I had it filled at one time but between trades bombs and smoking it can never stay full
    OchoZacho:
    I'm just trying to figure how do guys keep your humi's full do you buy by the pack or how often do you guys purchase
  • xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
    I usually purchase when I see a nice deal, or to celebrate a special occasion I might make a purchase and buy boxes off my wishlist. Cigar Sprint Sale and the Beard's emails don't help my wallet much :/
  • amz1301amz1301 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,287
    Lol, I only foresee one possible outcome from this thread and it doesn't look good for David.
  • JHeweyJHewey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,411
    OchoZacho:
    Sometimes you have to learn the hard way. Lol. David I'm sorry. I'm sure your question will be answered soon enough.
    kingdavid5:
    OchoZacho:
    I'm just trying to figure how do guys keep your humi's full do you buy by the pack or how often do you guys purchase
    ]

Depends on the individual. But I can tell you when I first started out. I bought samplers of cigars until I found what I like. I made one mistake in buying a box. But it was a good mistake. I say buy samplers and then once you found two or three solid cigars that do it for you. Buy the box, but I can tell you now. The 50 ct is not going to last my friend....

I'm in a slightly different boat, started small with just a hand-me-down 150 count from my grandfather. Over time that grew into two more 20 cts from a bomb by Dad and another from brothers, an Xmas gift from my wife got me the 400 count cabinet, and then a bomb from Ken smacked me with my 15 ct Herf-A-Dor, and finally for my most recent birthday my wife got me a 48 qt cooler and beads. Over time from bombs, passes, trades they all eventually filled up mostly full or all full. My wife and I are young (24 and 23 respectively) and just starting out from being married and now saving to buy our first house. All this leads to the point that there is no way that I can be dropping hundereds of dollars a month on cigars. In fact most of my cigar budget goes to shipping things to other brothers and buying cigars that I want to bomb others with. All in all except for certain occasions (read Xmas and Birthday etc) I can't buy anything for myself except one's or two's here and there unless I save for a few months to be able to buy a box or special sampler that I've been drooling over. When it comes down to it I'm at where I am now due darned near solely to the grace and generosity of others on these boards. I spend about $75-$100 on a "bad" month on cigars or cigar related projects with 90% of that being shipping costs, clock components, or sticks that I want to buy for brothers.
    JHewey:
    OchoZacho:
    Sometimes you have to learn the hard way. Lol. David I'm sorry. I'm sure your question will be answered soon enough.
    Lol I'm hoping for the best and to gain knowledge
    JHewey:
    OchoZacho:
    We all have to take the training wheels off someday!
    JHewey:
    OchoZacho:

You should be happy for him, lol....

• greg2648greg2648 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,422
    JHewey:
    OchoZacho:
    Silly Wabbit. You are now focked. Don't smoke those CC's. They need more time........Been nice knowing you.............
  • bbass2bbass2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,056
    I feel more sorry for the postman than David especially seeing how some of the big hitters around here have been acting.
  • JDHJDH Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,107
    amz1301:
    Lol, I only foresee one possible outcome from this thread and it doesn't look good for David.
    Yea. KA-BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!
    90+ Irishman:
    I'm in a slightly different boat, started small with just a hand-me-down 150 count from my grandfather. Over time that grew into two more 20 cts from a bomb by Dad and another from brothers, an Xmas gift from my wife got me the 400 count cabinet, and then a bomb from Ken smacked me with my 15 ct Herf-A-Dor, and finally for my most recent birthday my wife got me a 48 qt cooler and beads. Over time from bombs, passes, trades they all eventually filled up mostly full or all full. My wife and I are young (24 and 23 respectively) and just starting out from being married and now saving to buy our first house. All this leads to the point that there is no way that I can be dropping hundereds of dollars a month on cigars. In fact most of my cigar budget goes to shipping things to other brothers and buying cigars that I want to bomb others with. All in all except for certain occasions (read Xmas and Birthday etc) I can't buy anything for myself except one's or two's here and there unless I save for a few months to be able to buy a box or special sampler that I've been drooling over. When it comes down to it I'm at where I am now due darned near solely to the grace and generosity of others on these boards. I spend about $75-$100 on a "bad" month on cigars or cigar related projects with 90% of that being shipping costs, clock components, or sticks that I want to buy for brothers.
    I'm trying to cut my budget cost on cigars and it seems like u did it the right way which I will be working on because I would buy a cigar or two almost every day to smoke and that is not the best idea. I did the sampler thing and it worked out pretty good but buying singles is a no go.. Good luck on the house purchase
  • JDHJDH Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,107
    greg2648:
    JHewey:
    OchoZacho:
    Silly Wabbit. You are now focked. Don't smoke those CC's. They need more time........Been nice knowing you.............
    My Mamma told me never to be trustin no wolves in a sheepskin rug, neither!
    greg2648:
    JHewey:
    OchoZacho:
    No I'm leaving those CCs for 3 months like u said that's why there on there own side no touching for 3 or more months
  • greg2648greg2648 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,422
    Its so funny. We are all like a bunch of Sharks that smell blood in the water. Fvcking awesome......
    And I'm now asking for a PM
    greg2648:
    JHewey:
    OchoZacho:

This is done.....

OchoZacho:
    And I'm now asking for a PM
    All I wanna know is, who's comin with me?
    kingdavid5:
    90+ Irishman:
    I'm trying to cut my budget cost on cigars and it seems like u did it the right way which I will be working on because I would buy a cigar or two almost every day to smoke and that is not the best idea. I did the sampler thing and it worked out pretty good but buying singles is a no go.. Good luck on the house purchase
    Thanks man, and yeah... YOU. ARE. FVCKED. SO. BAD.

LAst question at this point is what suit do you wanna be buried in... go pick out your casket while your at it; I'll write your eulogy for you if you'd like... it'll be a touching one I promise ;)
    90+ Irishman:
    kingdavid5:
    90+ Irishman:

LAst question at this point is what suit do you wanna be buried in... go pick out your casket while your at it; I'll write your eulogy for you if you'd like... it'll be a touching one I promise ;)
    Seems like this is some sort of plot
    kingdavid5:
    90+ Irishman:
    kingdavid5:
    90+ Irishman:

Why whatever would give you that idea? (insert halo and innocent smile here)
  • JHeweyJHewey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,411
    kingdavid5:
    90+ Irishman:
    kingdavid5:
    90+ Irishman:

Maybe I will send the lube you are gonna need. Lol
  • jj20030jj20030 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,448
    JHewey:
    kingdavid5:
    90+ Irishman:
    kingdavid5:
    90+ Irishman:

Maybe I will send the lube you are gonna need. Lol
    your fixing to get a lube job yourself,lmao