Home General Discussion

MARCH MADNESS RETURNS!

14567810»

Comments

• Rail JockeyRail Jockey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 758
    oilburner:
    Booooooo. Back to sleep. I was hoping for some super fantastic le bijou deal, but figured that was unlikely. Oh well.
    that is what i was wishing for...that is the only reason i did not buy last night.
  • MVW67MVW67 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,447
    Didn't need but did, glad I got last nights deal
  • ImgemboImgembo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 657
    Im still tempted by tonight's i have only had the cohiba so everything else would be new territory for me.
  • scarlinscarlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,592
    Glad I wasted my money on lotto tickets. Better investment imo
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    Imgembo:
    Im still tempted by tonight's i have only had the cohiba so everything else would be new territory for me.
    Other than the Crucible I want to try that Cohiba. How are the Puro Dominicanas?
  • xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
    taythegibs:
    xmacro:
    Disappointed. Last nights deal and the replacement Monte Cristo deals were much better IMO
    Could that have maybe been what they had planned for tonight/today?
    If so, I'm kinda torn. Glad I got two of each deal, but disappointed that the last night wasn't an OMFG blow-out
  • slum_lordeslum_lorde Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 25
    I passed on last night's deal, partly because I originally thought it was a regular Ave Maria being offered and I got enough of those. Also, I've already spent way too much on cigars this month. Actually, I shouldn't even be looking at cigar deals. Still, even though I had already spent more than I should have, I was ready to go tonight. But then, meh. Guess I 'll be able to hold off yet another day. Only another month to go.

But, I had a feeling it was going to be a dud tonight. Seen that happen during similar sales too many times before.

So it goes--from March Madness to the April Mehs.
  • ImgemboImgembo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 657
    danielzreyes:
    Imgembo:
    Other than the Crucible I want to try that Cohiba. How are the Puro Dominicanas?
    It was not bad. I remember enjoying it but much cheaper cigars have been much more memorable. I was pissed though, about an inch in the wrapper started to com off from the foot. I guess i was expecting more from it since me being new to cigars you just recognize the cohiba name. I probably would have enjoyed it more if i didn't smoke a behike with another BOTL right before it. Now thats a cohiba!
  • BigT06BigT06 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,899
    danielzreyes:
    Imgembo:
    They are great imho. Tons of flavor and complexity. Nice med-full body. I like pretty much everything Cohiba makes (NC and CC) and the PD is one of my favs.
  • oldsoulrevivaloldsoulrevival Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 630
    danielzreyes:
    Imgembo:
    Very good cigars, but over priced. I had a few of them with some friends a while back and we all loved them, but all agreed that we would never spend the market price on them.
  • 415415 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 951
    was it just me or were last years deals more interesting.
  • KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 908
    Don't know about last year's- but tonight's wasn't a deal that blew me away like the Avo/oval deal did- easy to take a pass on this one.....wish I had doubled up last night though

• LeftFiveLeftFive Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 181
    I picked up today's deal! I haven't tried any of those aside from the Padilla Miami, which I have a few dozen of various sizes in, but I'm curious about since it has a new band and box size.
    Anyone tried the Graycliff? Any opinions on it?
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,707
    xmacro:
    My thoughts a few months ago:

y2pascoe:
    y2pascoe:
    Having a Graycliff Avelino 80th, from the January COTMC picks. I'm finding it rather bland and uninspired.
    Did I say bland and uninspired? I meant gross. I would even call this thing a dog rocket.

Hope that helps.
    Whoa, thanks, you just saved me $30 and some pain!!
  • skweekzskweekz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,218
    y2pascoe:
    xmacro:
    My thoughts a few months ago:

y2pascoe:
    y2pascoe:
    Having a Graycliff Avelino 80th, from the January COTMC picks. I'm finding it rather bland and uninspired.
    Did I say bland and uninspired? I meant gross. I would even call this thing a dog rocket.

Hope that helps.
    I personally have yet to find a Graycliff I liked at all.
  • KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 908
    skweekz:

personally have yet to find a Graycliff I liked at all.
    +1
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,539
    Well apparently my wife just told me that she ordered everything from the Daily Deal today. I guess when I was on the patio last night smoking she went on her phone and decided I needed it all. I have been talking about March Madness all week, I guess she got the fever. The sad thing is I looked at the deals and decided to pass, oh well it is better to have a womans support than their ridicule, so I am blessed.
  • dbeckomdbeckom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,807
    I feel the same about the Graycliff line! The only one I've had that I liked was the Turbo. The rest were either bland or nasty!
  • jasonusa1jasonusa1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 729
    Wishing now I would have stayed awake to get in on the recon and oval deal. Blah march madness.
  • LeftFiveLeftFive Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 181
    I feel like a total bonehead; I stayed up to see the Ave Maria/Oval deal, thought they were regular Ave Marias, and went to bed thinking I got away without a must-buy again.
  • pbchevopbchevo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 712
    well i didnt buy sh!t...i guess i was expecting something else. if i could go back in time i would buy the MOW PA maddy and the ave and oval. i didnt but the ave and oval because i though to myself the last day they are going to have the BEST deal but it wasent for me oh well.... but still thank you cigar.com for the great deals you put at great prices!!!!!
  • SheehanadamSheehanadam Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 25
    Am disappointed daily deal didn't go out with a bang, but I guess what constitutes deal is all relative.