Home General Discussion

Forum Blend

2»

Comments

• RCY CigarsRCY Cigars Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,346
    BigT06:
    I would love to be a part of developing a forum blend! This sounds awesome!

I'm with you on this. I'm looking up stuff I haven't before. It should be fun, I know Doug is going to get a kick out my noob blend, lol.

• denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    This will be really cool. I'm interested to see how this fares.
  • laker1963laker1963 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,046
    RCY Cigars:
    laker1963:
    lcpleel:
    zeebra:
    Just have Kuzi do it and get it over with. Pretty simple.
    +1
    Sorry I disagree strongly. This is a FORUM blend, not a Kuzi blend. If you guy's want that as a project ask Alex and see what he can do. As a forum member around for the first time we did this I liked the way they turned out and would like a say into the making of these. No offense intended to anyone, just my opinion.

Okay, okay I went with Kuzi cause we have similar likes in cigars. But I also like a lot of cigars my buddy 415 smokes. I like that Kelner musk in my Avo's and Zino's I smoke. And that spice and full body in some Tat's Viaje's. But to try and come up with my own blend would be a sin against the Cigar God's.

Oh what the heck. Nicaragua Sun Grown wrapper and binder with a Criollo long filler lancero. How about that Doug, now laugh at the noob blender, lol....

LOL, not bad Rick. But I would change the wrapper to a Nicaraguan Habano and add some piloto cubano, and some Nicaraguan fillers from Esteli or the Jalapa valley and I think you hit it on the head LMAO. In a toro or Torp. of course :)~
  • bigjohn125bigjohn125 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 476
    I was thinking that since there are several triple maduros, we should make a triple sumatra!
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    laker1963:
    lcpleel:
    zeebra:
    +1
    Sorry I disagree strongly. This is a FORUM blend, not a Kuzi blend. If you guy's want that as a project ask Alex and see what he can do. As a forum member around for the first time we did this I liked the way they turned out and would like a say into the making of these. No offense intended to anyone, just my opinion.
    thank you voice of reason.
  • Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    kuzi16:
    laker1963:
    lcpleel:
    zeebra:
    +1
    I agree that a forum blend needs to be a forum blend. But I'd also buy a bundle of a Kuzi blend as well. Speaking of which, didn't you make a blend in Nicaragua? Just send that recipe off to Alex... :D
    Ken Light:
    kuzi16:
    laker1963:
    lcpleel:
    zeebra:
    +1
    I agree that a forum blend needs to be a forum blend. But I'd also buy a bundle of a Kuzi blend as well. Speaking of which, didn't you make a blend in Nicaragua? Just send that recipe off to Alex... :D
    he has it.
    the thing is, that was not made in AJ's factory. it was in Plesencisa's Factory. there is a host of issues getting that into production even if it really was good enough to do so. ill do a review on that cigar here soon.

i wasnt 100% happy with it when i smoked it the first few times. i wasnt mad at it but it fell short of my goals.
  • ThewelderThewelder Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 679
    Alex I would have to say doing like we did last time. Choose between a handful of filler, depending on that answer come up with a binder, then a wrapper. Why mess with success
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    Personally, I think AJ makes more than enough big full bodied Nicaraguan ligero bombs, which is why I'd love to see a medium, or even mild cigar come out of this!
  • Alex SvensonAlex Svenson BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, Registered Users Posts: 1,204
    By now you guys have seen we have voted on size and body which is wrapping up soon (no pun intended) and we are moving to an open discussion about wrapper before going to a vote on wrapper for the blend. I am going to open another thread about names here pretty soon. Before I go down that path, I need to start thinking about logistics. As much as I would love to print special custom bands and make boxes, I think we start with some mazes and handle the order like girl scout cookies. Im thinking that once the blend is decided, we will open it up for pre orders. The first round will just be for 5 packs so everyone can try them out. When the time comes, I will create a space for you to place your orders. Because all cigars will be made to order for this project, we will need to set an exact date which we need to hold to take the orders. This will be a few weeks out of course and you guys will have plenty of notice. From there I will listen to your feedback and if people love it and want more we will do another round of ordering in 10 packs, again orders will be for production so people we need to order what they want and there will be firm cutoffs etc. If we love it from there, we could look to do full production but lets see what the brain trust here comes up with and smoke it before we get the cart in front of the horse. Worst case, if we hate it, we can tweak the blend we are working on or start again from scratch. I had a call with AJ today and told him what we are doing and he loves it. Once we submit our blend he will let us know what his comments are based on the selections and again once he blends it and smokes it too!
  • StrongStyleStrongStyle Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 221
    This is pretty freaking great.
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    So, when was the last time we did the forum blend? I still have all 10 of mine, I got some in trade so I've smoked them, but my original order is still around, maybe i'll actually smoke them when the NEW blend comes around
    Lasabar:
    So, when was the last time we did the forum blend? I still have all 10 of mine, I got some in trade so I've smoked them, but my original order is still around, maybe i'll actually smoke them when the NEW blend comes around
    i think i have 4 of each of the original blend, sumatra and maduro.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    I think it was roughly two years ago. I'll have to look it up. I have 3 left of each, I wish I would have ordered more!
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    Lasabar:
    I think it was sometime in 2009, July or August.
  • JSaintJSaint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,848
    I will definitely be jumping in on this when it becomes available. Can't wait.
  • JudoChinXJudoChinX Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 775
    Awesome news! I can't wait!