Home General Discussion

Forum Blend

Alex SvensonAlex Svenson BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, Registered Users Posts: 1,204
I have AJ on the hook for another forum blend. Lets try this again. My only issue is that all my tobacco inventory stuff is on spread sheets and I can't figure out how to post here on the forum.

Comments

• laker1963laker1963 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,046
    Alex Svenson:
    I have AJ on the hook for another forum blend. Lets try this again. My only issue is that all my tobacco inventory stuff is on spread sheets and I can't figure out how to post here on the forum.
    Another Forum Blend? AWESOME. Someone hurry up and help Alex get this info. on line lol.
  • deejmemixxdeejmemixx Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,064
    Alex Svenson:
    copy and paste?
  • Alex SvensonAlex Svenson BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, Registered Users Posts: 1,204
    Well I leave for Nicaragua on Saturday, one week from today. Lets flesh this out so we can have it wrapped up by then and I can get to work on it while I am down there. Last time we did a voting procedure. How does everyone felt that worked? We could go wrapper then filler then binder like last time. I could also just put all the info up and let everyone duke it out and then move on final recipes or guys can submit their ideas and those can go up for a vote. I am not 100% on the best way to do this. I can get the info posted, but will take some time. Lets nail down first how you guys want to go about deciding on the blend. Piece by piece, all at once, etc.
  • ImgemboImgembo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 657
    I think i have seen a website you can upload spreadsheets to. Then post the link. But i cant remeber the name of the web site
  • The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
    Alex Svenson:
    I could also just put all the info up and let everyone duke it out and then move on final recipes
    +1
  • DirewolfDirewolf Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,493
    Thanks for doing this for us , Alex
  • oldsoulrevivaloldsoulrevival Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 630
    We could use the method that I used when getting everyones votes for the forum sampler... create a survey with survey monkey with several questions, and just post the link. In order to have more than 100 votes, you have have pro account which I think is something like 17 dollars, but it would be worth it if we have a LOT of people answering it.
  • Alex SvensonAlex Svenson BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, Registered Users Posts: 1,204
    The thing with blending is that each tobacco selection depends on what has already been selected. For example, once we pick a wrapper that decision will greatly determine what fillers we choose as some tobaccos play better in the sandbox than others. If we go piece by piece I can help guide you guys if I see some tobaccos that i know won't work well based on selections already made. Lets do this by a vote. I will get to work on this this afternoon so we can vote on some of the initial components. New post forthcoming.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    Alex Svenson:
    And this is why you guys are the real S H I T !
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    Wow, this is awesome. I was around for the first one we did. I think the voting process worked just fine. Since we are on a time limit, let's keep it simple and do it like we did last time.
  • zeebrazeebra Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,166
    Just have Kuzi do it and get it over with. Pretty simple.
  • HeavyHeavy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,590
    Yeah, this freakin rules. Thanks Alex!
  • lcpleellcpleel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,447
    zeebra:
    +1
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    The Kid:
    Alex Svenson:
    I could also just put all the info up and let everyone duke it out and then move on final recipes
    +1
    yes yes yes yes yes yes yes
    lcpleel:
    zeebra:
    +1
    i just posted in the other thread how my tastes seem to be very different than the forum at large. im not sure you all would like what i have to offer. ill throw out an idea for a blend given what alex put out on a spread sheet but no promises. ill make it my way, not the way that people here want. im looking medium, not full like most of the votes now indicate. and id love to see a lonesdale.
  • RCY CigarsRCY Cigars Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,346
    kuzi16:
    lcpleel:
    zeebra:
    +1
    i just posted in the other thread how my tastes seem to be very different than the forum at large. im not sure you all would like what i have to offer. ill throw out an idea for a blend given what alex put out on a spread sheet but no promises. ill make it my way, not the way that people here want. im looking medium, not full like most of the votes now indicate. and id love to see a lonesdale.

+2

RCY Cigars:
    kuzi16:
    lcpleel:
    zeebra:
    +1

+2

this was me trying to talk you guys out of this, not a place for you to say i should do it.

the problem is, i will do it if asked, but i will base most of it off of what i personally like, not what anyone else likes. then it isnt a forum blend, it is a kuzi blend.
    lcpleel:
    zeebra:
    +1
    Sorry I disagree strongly. This is a FORUM blend, not a Kuzi blend. If you guy's want that as a project ask Alex and see what he can do. As a forum member around for the first time we did this I liked the way they turned out and would like a say into the making of these. No offense intended to anyone, just my opinion.
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    laker1963:
    lcpleel:
    zeebra:
    +1
    Sorry I disagree strongly. This is a FORUM blend, not a Kuzi blend. If you guy's want that as a project ask Alex and see what he can do. As a forum member around for the first time we did this I liked the way they turned out and would like a say into the making of these. No offense intended to anyone, just my opinion.

Agreed . The first time around forum blend was really good , both of them . I think I still have a couple left . Lets do it again !!!
    Speaking of forum blends, I just went and had a look at mine. Almost time to smoke another of each. What do they have on them now in terms of age? Is it close to 3 years or 2? I forget when they were made.

Edit, looks like maybe 2 1/2 years, I think...
  • skweekzskweekz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,218
    So just looking ahead a bit how does the ordering of these work? I assume we email or call Alex or our rep? Also will there be boxes, bundles, 5 packs, etc?
    skweekz:
    So just looking ahead a bit how does the ordering of these work? I assume we email or call Alex or our rep? Also will there be boxes, bundles, 5 packs, etc?
    Last time they did bundles of 10. We had 2 blends. One Sumatra and one Brazilain Maduro. Bundles were 5 of each and I think they went for $30. We called in our orders to our reps. However, that was last time. Not sure what they were doing this time.
  • skweekzskweekz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,218
    rwheelwright:
    skweekz:
    Last time they did bundles of 10. We had 2 blends. One Sumatra and one Brazilain Maduro. Bundles were 5 of each and I think they went for $30. We called in our orders to our reps. However, that was last time. Not sure what they were doing this time.
    Thanks for the intel. I'll definitely be factoring these into the budget when the time comes.
  • bigjohn125bigjohn125 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 476
    kuzi16:
    lcpleel:
    zeebra:
    +1

Kuzi, maybe you could send me some of your favorites and I could smoke them. If I like them, then there would be two votes!
  • scarlinscarlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,592
    As long as these don't turn out to be dog rockets, I will buy. My fear is that we pick the wrong blends and no one steps in to say "No, you done gone screwed it up."
    scarlin:
    As long as these don't turn out to be dog rockets, I will buy. My fear is that we pick the wrong blends and no one steps in to say "No, you done gone screwed it up."
    Do a search on the forum blends from the past. Or even better see what someone might want in return for a trade of one of thes if you can find it. LOL

Last time we not only did ok, we knocked it right out of the park DEWD.
  • beatnicbeatnic Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,133
    The wrapper rules, AJ. I think you should get as much input as possible as to the fillers. As to any particular person's wishes', use your judgment
  • RCY CigarsRCY Cigars Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,346
    laker1963:
    lcpleel:
    zeebra:
    +1

Okay, okay I went with Kuzi cause we have similar likes in cigars. But I also like a lot of cigars my buddy 415 smokes. I like that Kelner musk in my Avo's and Zino's I smoke. And that spice and full body in some Tat's Viaje's. But to try and come up with my own blend would be a sin against the Cigar God's.

Oh what the heck. Nicaragua Sun Grown wrapper and binder with a Criollo long filler lancero. How about that Doug, now laugh at the noob blender, lol....

• kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    Another forum blend would be great. Thanks for starting this up again.
  • BigT06BigT06 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,899
    I would love to be a part of developing a forum blend! This sounds awesome!