Home General Discussion

Some Make it Worse for Others

2»

Comments

• dowjr1dowjr1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 600
    As per usual, I have a completely different take on this. I, for one, will be glad Rick is off the airwaves for a while. He is completely out of hand...sending bier steins, mugs, premium sticks, etc. Makes me look bad and my envy meter with his collection if off the charts. I know he will still be firing up stogies and sending stuff in the mail. So if I can just persuade him to send all that stuff my way instead of to everyone else, it will be a WIN WIN. The fat lady has not sung so let not your heart be troubled.
  • Gaetano7890Gaetano7890 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 771
    I am not going to touch on any of the points raised due to not knowing you guys that well and really not understanding what this was all about. I don't feel it,s my business but the one thing that I would like to touch on is my perspective of this forum being a neewb and hopefully can make some people go back to a time when they also felt this forum was great. I have only been on the forum for a few weeks but I already feel I belong and that is thanks to a bunch of great guys and girls coming together to talk about a great hobb,y that nobody beside a botl will ever understand. I know one person my age that enjoys cigars that I call a friend and that is it. So it has been great to talk about what I love I know my wife is happy since I don't bore her with cigar stuff so much anymore. I have never met anybody do things for people out of the blue like on this forum and it show how great it is. I know feelings can get hurt especially when you put your heart into something and you don't feel others did. I do know that this forum seems to bring generosity out of people and it's great to see it is not found very much anymore.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    Hey Gaetano, thanks for saying this. I am sure that the guys who have been together for years are just as happy to welcome the guy who comes here to ask how to season his humidor. 14,000 guys (so far) who take the time to stop here for a day or for four years all are welcome.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,023
    Some may have noticed, others maybe not but I have slowed down my participation some due to some over the top stuff. I even left the political threads, it's just not worth getting people all upset because most of the time they are set in their views and nothing will change that. I have been truly blessed to be a part of this forum for some time now and the generosity exhibited to me has just been over the top. I will stop by now and then as I could never go cold turkey on the Daily Hottie thread! LOL
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    Hey Gypsy. I was thinking you haven't been around lately.. Hope you are doing well .
  • RCY CigarsRCY Cigars Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,346
    I have to thank all of you for the PM's. Everyone of the PM's was replied to. You guys rock! I guess my attitude is short in my older age when it comes to certain things. Not to make it drawn out. But you all said the same thing and I appreciate it. There is to much to lose here in the forum that is good. On another note, Isaac and Dowjr1. Never mind, you guys already know whats coming :)......

• DirewolfDirewolf Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,493
    glad all those guys talked to you. I like this forum and everyone of you guys involved in it. Each one of you has taught me different things about this hobby. Glad you are sticking around doood.
  • jlmartajlmarta Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,440
    Direwolf:
    glad all those guys talked to you. I like this forum and everyone of you guys involved in it. Each one of you has taught me different things about this hobby. Glad you are sticking around doood.

And a big +1 to that!!
  • greg2648greg2648 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,422
    RCY Cigars:
    I have to thank all of you for the PM's. Everyone of the PM's was replied to. You guys rock! I guess my attitude is short in my older age when it comes to certain things. Not to make it drawn out. But you all said the same thing and I appreciate it. There is to much to lose here in the forum that is good. On another note, Isaac and Dowjr1. Never mind, you guys already know whats coming :)......

Whew, that was a close one. I thought that I was going to have an immediate opening on my "Top 10 to Hit List". For some of us, this forum is in our blood. Its the first thing that I check in the morning and the last thing I check in the evening before bed. It is hard to please everybody all of the time. You are doing very well if you please some of the people some of the time. With all of the Testosterone on an all male forum, its amazing to me that we don't have more misunderstandings. Rick, I can't put into words how happy I am that you decided to stay with us. We will learn and we will get better. Play on Playerzzzzz.......
  • The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
    greg2648:
    RCY Cigars:

Whew, that was a close one. I thought that I was going to have an immediate opening on my "Top 10 to Hit List". For some of us, this forum is in our blood. Its the first thing that I check in the morning and the last thing I check in the evening before bed. It is hard to please everybody all of the time. You are doing very well if you please some of the people some of the time. With all of the Testosterone on an all male forum, its amazing to me that we don't have more misunderstandings. Rick, I can't put into words how happy I am that you decided to stay with us. We will learn and we will get better. Play on Playerzzzzz.......
    Fuc k u Greg,,,lmao

(just kiding forum police) Greg knows I love him and that his picture is the first thing I look at when I wake up and the last thing I look at when I go to bed
  • JSaintJSaint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,848
    Glad to see you are sticking around Rick. Dont need to lose another forum great.
  • The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
    JSaint:
    Glad to see you are sticking around Rick. Dont need to lose another forum great.
    +10
    The Kid:
    greg2648:
    RCY Cigars:
    I have to thank all of you for the PM's. Everyone of the PM's was replied to. You guys rock! I guess my attitude is short in my older age when it comes to certain things. Not to make it drawn out. But you all said the same thing and I appreciate it. There is to much to lose here in the forum that is good. ON ANOTHER NOTE, THE KID, Isaac and Dowjr1. Never mind, you guys already know whats coming :)......

I LIKE Greg A Whole LOT,,,lmao

(just kiding forum police) Greg knows I love him and that his picture is the first thing I look at when I wake up and the last thing I look at when I go to bed

EDITED
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    RCY Cigars:
    The Kid:
    greg2648:
    RCY Cigars:
    I have to thank all of you for the PM's. Everyone of the PM's was replied to. You guys rock! I guess my attitude is short in my older age when it comes to certain things. Not to make it drawn out. But you all said the same thing and I appreciate it. There is to much to lose here in the forum that is good. ON ANOTHER NOTE, THE KID, Isaac and Dowjr1. Never mind, you guys already know whats coming :)......

EDITED
    LMAO! See Rick, that's why we need you around.
    j0z3r:
    RCY Cigars:
    The Kid:
    greg2648:
    RCY Cigars:

EDITED
    LMAO! See Rick, that's why we need you around.

Yes Sir.....

• aeon_spiral@yahoo.comaeon_spiral@yahoo.com Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,101
    RCY Cigars:
    I see a lot has changed since I got here. I like to think some of the change was good. But let some of you say it, It's not. I also like to think that I was part of a new wave of fun that was good. I went against the grain. Bombing people after getting to know them with dogrockets, HTF, expensive quality cigars. It didn't matter, it was all for the fun for me. But also, giving some of the guys a chance to smoke something they probably wouldn't get for whatever reason. But they still would want to try it. I've been burned in the forum twice. Yet, I still pressed on by being a giving person. I wasn't trying to become everyone's friend. I just wanted to be that person to shine a little light when your having a rough day or come across a rough patch of time. It's a few other guys in here that think the same way as I and we talk about. It's basically something that makes us feel good. For some, it's like giving back. I don't think anyone can take that away from a person. As of right now, I know I won't hit my 3000 mark anytime soon. Why, all this bickering back and forth. People challenging others in the forum. If you notice, I rarely get into a pissing match with anyone. Yet, people throw little comments around all the time. Most of the time I laugh, really I do and ignore them. But even with saying that, enough is enough for me. When I first introduced myself, some of you welcomed me right on in as if we were family from the beginning. And that right there was what catapulted my decision to do some of the things that I have done. I'm not saying I'm leaving this place that got me started. But I am going to take a back seat to all the hoopra that's going on. This is my little frustration, you can take it for what it's worth. I know some will have there little comments because they always do. Just the same, I will laugh and ignore it. It's been fun for the most part. I will keep in touch with the guys and gals that's not into all the mess. Gaberox I still owe you and that's because I told you I would.....

Sorry to hear this. I'm really new here but the majority of what I've seen have been great guys. A lot of which id love to crack a bottle of brandy with and light up a stogie. Sorry to hear that you got dogged. You've left some extremely detailed and informative comments on several of my threads and threads I've read into. Hope things turn around!