Home General Discussion

Prized Stick

13»

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    ive been saying that for years, but im positive it wasnt my idea either.
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,707
    Eh, I wouldn't say I got anything prized. I got a couple of Armadas I'm going to try and let age as long as I can hold out. I also got a Luis Tiant, "El Tiante" robusto that I picked up from the Providence, RI cigar expo this year. I don't even know how it is but he being a Red Sox Hall of Famer I think it's a pretty cool part of my selection.
  • boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,101
    Like a few already posted on here, I pride myself on having no prized sticks. They are all equally just waiting their day to give me or me and some friends an excuse to relax and enjoy some good conversation. over some high quality tobacco.

Nothing is off limits.

Last year I even had a BOTL house sit for me and take care of my dogs while my wife and I had to leave town on short notice and I told him that he could smoke anything he wanted out of my humi provided he told me how he liked it. He did, and he did. And knowing the dogs we're in good hands and knowing that someone got enjoyment out of those smokes was a win win for me.
    y2pascoe:
    Eh, I wouldn't say I got anything prized. I got a couple of Armadas I'm going to try and let age as long as I can hold out. I also got a Luis Tiant, "El Tiante" robusto that I picked up from the Providence, RI cigar expo this year. I don't even know how it is but he being a Red Sox Hall of Famer I think it's a pretty cool part of my selection.
    Thats reall cool, man, I grew up in Mass, so I'm a sox fan by birth. Hard to beleive I've been in Cali for almost 20 years now, but never picked up the local teams here. Anyway, I started going to sox games in the mid 80s so my generation is a bit later than Tiant, but my dad loves that guy.

Very fitting they named a cigar after him as the only pictures I've ever seen him without a cigar is when he's standing on the mound. Every other picture he seems to have one in his mouth and two in his pocket.
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,762
    boydmcgowan:
    y2pascoe:
    Thats reall cool, man, I grew up in Mass, so I'm a sox fan by birth. Hard to beleive I've been in Cali for almost 20 years now, but never picked up the local teams here. Anyway, I started going to sox games in the mid 80s so my generation is a bit later than Tiant, but my dad loves that guy.

Very fitting they named a cigar after him as the only pictures I've ever seen him without a cigar is when he's standing on the mound. Every other picture he seems to have one in his mouth and two in his pocket.
    Boyd, as a side note on this it is my understanding that Luis is producing his own line of cigars in Cuba. I would love to get my hands on a few of those. Even though I was born and raised in the OC, I was an avid Red Sox fan in the 80s.

Mike, if you could get anymore of those Tiant cigars I would love to acquire a couple.
    Ha, thats pretty cool. Didn't know that about Tiant. I think he just wrote a memoir and spent a lot of time back in Cuba. Thats cool though. Good for him.

Thats cool you we're a sox fan though Todd, they had some great personalities on the team back then, from the big guys everyone remembers Clemens, Boggs, Evans, Rice, buckner, to the lesser know guys like Gedman, Oil Can Boyd, Lee Smith, Ellis Burkes, Greenwell, depending on when you we're watching them, even the old Double Play combo of marty barrett and jody reed. They've had a lot of good players over the years. I still think my favorite sox player that I watched was Tony Pena though. Only stayed for about 3 seasons in the early 90s, but man was he fun to watch. Rice and Dewey are a close second and third though as far as favorites of mine.

Mike, let me know the back story on those as well if you've got it.
    Todd...I'll keep my eyes peeled for them. I believe a few of the Providence, RI area cigar shops carry them. Boyd...I'll send you some info if I can find it.
    boydmcgowan:
    Ha, thats pretty cool. Didn't know that about Tiant. I think he just wrote a memoir and spent a lot of time back in Cuba. Thats cool though. Good for him.

Thats cool you we're a sox fan though Todd, they had some great personalities on the team back then, from the big guys everyone remembers Clemens, Boggs, Evans, Rice, buckner, to the lesser know guys like Gedman, Oil Can Boyd, Lee Smith, Ellis Burkes, Greenwell, depending on when you we're watching them, even the old Double Play combo of marty barrett and jody reed. They've had a lot of good players over the years. I still think my favorite sox player that I watched was Tony Pena though. Only stayed for about 3 seasons in the early 90s, but man was he fun to watch. Rice and Dewey are a close second and third though as far as favorites of mine.

Boyd,

Here's a CA story on them. I didn't even realize that these were rolled at My Father.

http://www.cigaraficionado.com/webfeatures/show?id=16174
  • Nick2021Nick2021 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 938
    Would have to be Barclays...didn't know what I was getting into when I bought these upon initial release...would have to say these and Behikes...
    y2pascoe:
    boydmcgowan:

Boyd,

Here's a CA story on them. I didn't even realize that these were rolled at My Father.

http://www.cigaraficionado.com/webfeatures/show?id=16174
    Mike, thanks for posting brother. That was a really cool read and a line I'm definitely going to have to follow up on that line and hopefully will be able to pick some up one of these days. Maybe the next time I'm back home in the northeast I'll swing on by Providence. We have some family in RI.

DPG + Redsox Connection = can't miss cigar for me.

Although I did see a pic of Tiant smoking a DPG Vegas Cubanas, which has me worried. If he likes those then I'm wondering if his tastes are VERY different from mine. hahaha.