Home General Discussion

Prized Stick

Comments

• RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    I've got a few CC's I managed to pick up and a handful of some of some really choice sticks such as a My Father, a Jamie Garcia, that I like to pull out and smell once in a while. And my Favorite 2 Cohiba RedDot Churchill's with almost a year on them.
  • GoatmilkGoatmilk Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 200
    ENFIDL:
    Black and Mild Wood Tip b!tches!

Hate to one up you but a black and mild dark blend.............limited edition seasonal
  • CvilleECvilleE Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,177
    I have a few...got an Opus from Brett in a trade, got another from the Irish pass that E was generous enough to forward, and a Tat Wolfman (from Brett also)....really searching for the right time to smoke these bad boys! Life's to short what am I waiting for? It just seems that my prized sticks are too meaningful, and you don't want to smoke it to soon or too late....if it hadn't happened to you before, WHAT WOULD YOU DO?
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    Goatmilk:
    ENFIDL:
    Black and Mild Wood Tip b!tches!

Hate to one up you but a black and mild dark blend.............limited edition seasonal
    Nothing tops the wood tip!
  • cooch36cooch36 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 711
    chemforever:
    cooch36:
    Opus charity box from 2005.
    speechless, how many have you sampled?
  • kevin1323kevin1323 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 294
    kevin1323:
    Partagas Serie P #2
    I should have mentioned that this is my only ISOM and a gift from my brother in law. Been sitting on it for about 18 months. don't know how long it was sitting before that.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    iduno... i have a handful of Cubans and a handfull of OpusX. i have a few rarer cigars... a few of my personal blend. i have a few cigars from the late 90s floating around. some of the things that the forum bombed me with on my 10,000th post are pretty awesome. thats a difficult question.
  • OchoZachoOchoZacho Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,471
    OchoZacho:
    For me it would have to be the Cohiba Siglo V I was gifted from a brother on this forum. Gonna smoke it in July for my 30th birthday.
    I also have to say that this is probably going to be replaced by the Boris I am going to receive in trade. I have waited and searched long and hard for that stick.
    kuzi16:
    iduno... i have a handful of Cubans and a handfull of OpusX. i have a few rarer cigars... a few of my personal blend. i have a few cigars from the late 90s floating around. some of the things that the forum bombed me with on my 10,000th post are pretty awesome. thats a difficult question.
    I've got a very special Swisher Sweet I'm saving for our herf buddy. Don't count your chickens before they hatch, but I might have 2 of them if I can hold off on smoking them!
  • Un_SubUn_Sub Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 210
    A pink bubble gum cigar from 1978...Lol
    Un_Sub:
    A pink bubble gum cigar from 1978...Lol
    I heard those age well
  • JudoChinXJudoChinX Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 775
    I couldn't pick just one, but I've received many as gifts, and they all mean a ton to me. Highlights include several OpusX's, Cohiba's, and Ave Maria. They bring joy to me every time I see them in the cooler. I'll bet smoking them will be legendary.
  • DiamondogDiamondog Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,169
    Oh and Montecristo Sublime 2008, Cohiba Pyramide EL 2006, Vegas Robaina 5th anniversary humidor...
  • Bobbo2009Bobbo2009 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 843
    j0z3r:
    Bobbo2009:
    docbp87:
    Bobbo2009:
    Cohiba Edicion Limitada 2010

2010?

I have some vintage stuff that is pretty special to me.

Yep. One of the fine brothers here hooked me up (won't name names). I am going to sit on that baby for as long as I can. I hope I can wait until a special moment to light it up. Maybe 4 years from now for my 40th b-day!

Rob
    Hate to break it to ya, but they didn't make a Cohiba EL in 2010. HSA did Partagas, RyJ and H Upmann. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but you have a fauxhiba.

edit: living in the past here...not RyJ and Upmann,...Monte and Trinidad.

Well, my bad. I guess I don't think straight with 7 beers in me. It is a 2006. I just took it out of the humi and gave it a second look. Thanks for the info though.

Rob
  • camgfscamgfs Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 967
    Diamondog:
    Oh and Montecristo Sublime 2008, Cohiba Pyramide EL 2006, Vegas Robaina 5th anniversary humidor...
    You and I gotta have a herf someday! Probably end up smoking the same sticks, but might be nice to sample something we don't both have.

• j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Bobbo2009:
    j0z3r:
    Bobbo2009:
    docbp87:
    Bobbo2009:
    Cohiba Edicion Limitada 2010

2010?

I have some vintage stuff that is pretty special to me.

Yep. One of the fine brothers here hooked me up (won't name names). I am going to sit on that baby for as long as I can. I hope I can wait until a special moment to light it up. Maybe 4 years from now for my 40th b-day!

Rob
    Hate to break it to ya, but they didn't make a Cohiba EL in 2010. HSA did Partagas, RyJ and H Upmann. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but you have a fauxhiba.

edit: living in the past here...not RyJ and Upmann,...Monte and Trinidad.

Well, my bad. I guess I don't think straight with 7 beers in me. It is a 2006. I just took it out of the humi and gave it a second look. Thanks for the info though.

Rob
    Good to hear, nobody wants a fake.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    I forgot about Forum Blend, those are probably my most prized sticks. 3 left of each is all...
  • rossdavey2rossdavey2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 979
    I have a box of my father robustos that my wife got me when we found out that our son was on the way. I am going to smoke one a year on his birthday till he is 18 then we smoke the last 2 together.
  • Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,971
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    It was a RyJ Churchill from 1997, but I used that to bomb my man Greg with...now its a Cohiba 2011EL 1966 from Marker
    My box of My Father 2010 LEs are pretty special to me as well...and the Jaime 2011 LEs since it is the inaugural year
  • Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    bandyt09:
    In all honesty, my most prized stick is the next one that I smoke. Then it will be the one after that. Etc., etc., etc.,. As a good friend once said, it is just a cigar until it is smoked; then it becomes an experience.
    Yeah, same. Also, since I've passed along, or traded away anything that doesn't wow me, my whole collection, except for maybe my cheapies is prized.
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    All of my ISOM's . Some My Fathers from a couple of great BOTL's here on the forum , Anejo's - # 77' Sharks , old forum blends , I think I have 5 left - 3 Maduro's and 2 Sumatra,s .
  • bigjohn125bigjohn125 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 476
    rossdavey2:
    I have a box of my father robustos that my wife got me when we found out that our son was on the way. I am going to smoke one a year on his birthday till he is 18 then we smoke the last 2 together.
    Thats the coolest damn thing I've ever heard. Well done, and enjoy that 18yo cigar.
  • Katt68Katt68 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 124
    bigjohn125:
    rossdavey2:
    Thats the coolest damn thing I've ever heard. Well done, and enjoy that 18yo cigar.
    That is AWESOME!!! That will be a great moment fro the both of you.
  • Katt68Katt68 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 124
    This is my most prized collection, the Handrolls on the left are from our trip in Jan '12 the lanceros were given to me from Pepin himself the Torano cigar is about 4 yrs old and no longer in production. image
  • slickricslickric Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 705
    rossdavey2:
    definately the best idea i have ever heard!!! If its okay with you i will be stealing this idea
  • oldsoulrevivaloldsoulrevival Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 630
    I have quickly realized that I am but a mere grasshopper in a land full of giant grasshopper-eating frogs. Damn, some of you have some great cigars!
  • Roberto99Roberto99 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,077
    Burnt up most of my prized sticks but currently I am hoarding a few Armada's.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Katt68:
    This is my most prized collection, the Handrolls on the left are from our trip in Jan '12 the lanceros were given to me from Pepin himself the Torano cigar is about 4 yrs old and no longer in production. image
    Is that the Casa Toraño Maduro lancero in that pic, Katt?
  • rzamanrzaman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,604
    Some Cohiba lanceros from 1991- they were state gift. Some Partagas 150. Original opus X and Avo 22 European release without band so can't claim with full confidence. Also have a Alejandro Robina's personal cigar given to Jose Blanco. He gave me one when we became friends in Nicaragua. Smoked my only Padron Millenium to celebrate my birthday last month. I wasn't very impressed.
  • rossdavey2rossdavey2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 979
    slickric:
    rossdavey2:
    definately the best idea i have ever heard!!! If its okay with you i will be stealing this idea
    Go ahead. I can't remember who I stole it from but it was someone here.