Home General Discussion

Semi-special occasion, pick my stick

2»

Comments

• denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    Apparently this is the same as the AF13. Burton, can you clarify
  • lcpleellcpleel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,447
    dennisking:
    Atta boy!! You still got the other one to smoke!!
    dennisking:
    As far as we know the filler is but I don't know about the binder. Ive had both and I think the don is better
    Good to know Isaac. Ya, I've still got the Rosado in waiting. This was a full flavored stick with medium body and fantastic flavor. It had some Opus and Anejo notes to it but the sun grown wrapper really spices it up. So rich, slightly spicy, and full of flavor. The overall had a hint of grass but lots of similarities to the Opus in the rich tobacco flavors. Parts reminded me of an 8-5-8 with a sungrown wrapper. The finish in the final third had some black pepper. Overall, complex and fantastic. Even with my slightly stuffed noise. Excellent smoke! I would buy the Fuente Story box at $150 just to have another one of these in my humi.
    I'm not going to lie. I bought them for the rarity and the band. Lol I'll send some more if my person comes through with the old batch. I don't want the new ones coming out. I don't care if they say it's the same oar not.
  • Steve2010Steve2010 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,036
    Cojonu, Opus, or Liga.
    Well, I ain't gonna lie. They are the most awesome bands on the market. I also love how the band says 1912 and 2012 on them. I can't wait to smoke a special 100yr stick. I'm sure there will be a centennial stick.
    Big props to Isaac for hooking me up with this tasty piece of history.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    I only.have maybe 3 of each of.those. if they werent so expensive I would have more!
    You need to smoke one Rich. The sungrown was soooooo good. As good as a Don Carlos Edicion de Anniversario in my palates opinion.
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    lcpleel:
    dennisking:
    As far as we know the filler is but I don't know about the binder. Ive had both and I think the don is better
    My understanding is that it is the exact same cigar as the AF 13 (the first size of the DAGA SG at least, not all of the new sizes released in the Prometheus Humidor this year, though I imagine the blend the same same). Here's the Moki confirmation.
    Thanks for the link Burton. I thought that I read that somewhere and it was on that site.
    dennisking:
    You need to smoke one Rich. The sungrown was soooooo good. As good as a Don Carlos Edicion de Anniversario in my palates opinion.
    Dennis, I have had one of each but because they are so expensive I try to smoke maybe one of each a year. If I can get a few more I'll be happy. I might just have to bite the bullet on the new Feunte Story to get a few more.
  • ug danug dan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 375
    Damn it loooks like you have some quality sticks there. Enjoy
    Rich, you totally should. So tasty.
    ug dan, I only have these because of the great people on here. We have a fantastic group here.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    Sounds like you had a great night. I had to look up what DAGA meant, lol. I am so out of the loop on ultra premiums :D Your humidor always inspires me to go for fewer and better smokes.
    Yeah, I literally have 15-20 sticks right now but they are all, for the most part, really great smokes.
    Smoking the DAGA Natural tonight. I like it better, so far, than the Sungrown.
  • HaybletHayblet Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,400
    I woulda picked the Factory Press
    I'm going to try to let it rest until the Factory Press 5 comes out at least
    dennisking:
    Smoking the DAGA Natural tonight. I like it better, so far, than the Sungrown.
    Damn, I need to step up my game. Maybe, maybe I'll break one out tomorrow. Maybe...
    Do it Rich. You won't regret it. Both were very different sticks. The SG had a very hearty wrapper flavor with lots of floral notes that are signature Fuente. The natural had the beginning wrapper flavor of an Opus and for the first third, it was identical to an Opus but it picked up a bit of leather thru the nose in the final 2/3rds. Both are fantastic in their own right. The SG has a short finish which I like. The natural has a long finish that I still taste this morning. Now I'm out of them but it was worth it. They are there to smoke, not look at.
    I know, I know.... I have 3 more of each at the moment and 1 of each of them have been resting for over 2 years. The other 2 of each I just got in June of last year. So, I think it is time! Damn peer pressure!
    do them back to back. don't be scared. make it happen. after those, smoke a DCEDA. make it a $120 day.....
    Now, that's hardcore! I can't do that. If I am going to smoke a really great cigar I need to make sure it is my first one of the day and not do anything else great after. I want to make sure I have maximum enjoyment!
    maybe that's what happened when I smoked the Diamond Crown Julius Caesar after the DCEDA. I didn't like it at all and maybe that's why
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    You guys and all your cigar brands. Real men stick to a few! lol, j/k. I swear I haven't tried half the sticks you guys have. I should get on the ccom thing.
    Can't get any of the Don Arturo or Don Carlos from ccom unless you get the Fuente story box set, which you should absolutely do right away
    Especially with the inclusion of the opus maduro. However ccom is not carrying the new fuente story sampler with the maduro opus. :-(
    I'm sure they will at some point. Fuente isn't the easiest to work with from what I hear.