Home General Discussion

Semi-special occasion, pick my stick

denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
So my brother in law and his family are in town from Ohio and we are grillng steaks tonight. I need you guys to decide what stick I smoke tonight. I don't smoke very often so I don't have a ton of sticks but this is about half of what I've got. The ones that I'm not afraid to smoke because I can replace them if I have a bad experience. Anyway, tell me what to smoke tonight.

Comments

• roland_7707roland_7707 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,647
  • slickricslickric Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 705
    i havn't had the wolfman (heard its awesome) but i CAN tell you i have never had a bad cojuno 03 or 06 and I've never heard of anyone not liking them. that liga is awesome also. i would definitely NOT suggest the gurkha
  • RCY CigarsRCY Cigars Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,346
    LFD, either one.
  • KriegerKrieger Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 337
    RCY Cigars:
    LFD, either one.
    x2
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    Just so peeps know, that is a Gurkha Legend, Lp9, Cojonu 03, LFD DL Maddy, LFD FP IV, and a recent Opus X. The Legend and Cojonu have over 3 years on them.
  • RampMonkeyRampMonkey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,808
    Krieger:
    RCY Cigars:
    LFD, either one.
    x2
    x 3 - I have to vote from this one. Only reason is I hear only good things about them.
  • RampMonkeyRampMonkey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,808
    Shoot, any of the ones listed would be fine in my book. Just my .02
    I will keep this poll open til 6 PST.
  • jr_p951jr_p951 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,121
    I am a huge Liga fan!! But the Factory Press has to win this one! Go for the LFD on this one!
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    RampMonkey:
    Krieger:
    RCY Cigars:
    LFD, either one.
    x2
    x 3 - I have to vote from this one. Only reason is I hear only good things about them.
    Not to stack the deck here but I would go with LFD as well. Always a good time.
  • DirewolfDirewolf Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,493
    I had both LFD's.go with one of those
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    FP IV is too new. Hold on to that one. Cojonu 03 with 3 years on it? That takes the cake for me. One of my favorite Tats with enough down time on it to make it nice and balanced? Yes please and thank you.
    So far, the Factory Press is in the lead but Burton makes a good point. Hey B, how's the spice on the cojonu? I have a slight cold so I'm looking for max flavor enjoyment on this. Subtleties will be missed.
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,762
    docbp87:
    FP IV is too new. Hold on to that one. Cojonu 03 with 3 years on it? That takes the cake for me. One of my favorite Tats with enough down time on it to make it nice and balanced? Yes please and thank you.
    I'm with Burton on this one.
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,487
    LFD factory press
    dennisking:
    So far, the Factory Press is in the lead but Burton makes a good point. Hey B, how's the spice on the cojonu? I have a slight cold so I'm looking for max flavor enjoyment on this. Subtleties will be missed.
    I mean, balls to the wall was the concept behind the Cojonu from the get go, so it has a fair amount of strength, and spice. In fact, I reviewed it a little over a year ago HERE.
    Burton, I liked the review, well done for sure. If you had to compare the El T lancero original blend to the Cojonu 03, how does the Cojonu stack up in the chocolate department. I am not a huge fan of the chocolate flavors I get in the El T. Is the chocolate on the same level in the Cojonu? If so, you may have settled it for me.
  • OchoZachoOchoZacho Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,471
    dennisking:
    Burton, I liked the review, well done for sure. If you had to compare the El T lancero original blend to the Cojonu 03, how does the Cojonu stack up in the chocolate department. I am not a huge fan of the chocolate flavors I get in the El T. Is the chocolate on the same level in the Cojonu? If so, you may have settled it for me.
    Totally different smoke. I love them both, but you should get some nice melded spice with the Cojonu, probably not a lot of chocolate though. They all look like good sticks to me, even though I've never had an LFD that I've liked.
    Very little chocolate compared to the El T OR, because the El T has that Broadleaf wrapper, which is all sweetness and chocolate. The Cojonu chocolate is more a bitter, dark high cocoa.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    If you are having taste issues I would try for something stronger but they all seem to be.medium to full except the macanudo. I didnt find it that strong. I'm torn!
  • GridgodGridgod Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14
    The Conjonu 03 was my very 1st Tat that I smoked and love it that is my choice all the way. I have a box of them sitting for over 1 year now and I broke one open the other night when I was getting over a cold best smoke I have had in a long time.
    Close score but I think I will go with the Tat because I know where I can get more. The LFD FP4 is harder to replace so it will rest. No one mentioned the Opus which was surprising.
  • lcpleellcpleel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,447
    dennisking:
    Close score but I think I will go with the Tat because I know where I can get more. The LFD FP4 is harder to replace so it will rest. No one mentioned the Opus which was surprising.
    I say go opus. X10000 it wins!!
    How old is the Opus? If it's old enough, then definitely go for it. If not, hold on to it.
    Christmas 2011 release. I have a FFOX with 3 years on it also but I'm going for a bigger stick / tonight. I would like to smoke 2 hours or so. If not, that baby would be on the list.
  • lcpleellcpleel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,447
    dennisking:
    Christmas 2011 release. I have a FFOX with 3 years on it also but I'm going for a bigger stick / tonight. I would like to smoke 2 hours or so. If not, that baby would be on the list.
    Wait smoke the don that I sent you!
    lcpleel:
    dennisking:
    Wait smoke the don that I sent you!
    I want to soooooooo bad but I have a minor head cold and I don't want that Don to not be as great as it could be. I did take some cold meds so maybe I will change my mind here when I head out to the garage.... hmmmmm
    Uh oh! DAGA! With a cold! Now THAT is ballsy. Which DAGA is it? SG or Rosado?
    Sg and so far so good!