Home Non Cigar Related

Anyone into carving?

1235»

Comments

• taythegibstaythegibs Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,024
    I got some more done tonight, but i broke a big hunk off of the brim of the hat on the left...so i dont know what im going to do there....

an updated pic

• RBeckomRBeckom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,099
    taythegibs:
    I got some more done tonight, but i broke a big hunk off of the brim of the hat on the left...so i dont know what im going to do there....

an updated pic

Looking good. What type of wood are you using?
    i honestly dont remember for sure, its a maple or an oak sapling from when we were clearing out some brush last winter.
    here is the finished state, not too fond of how dark it is in places...Might have to sand it down a bit.

i also tried to make it look like he was raising an eyebrow... tried.
  • marineatbn03marineatbn03 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,634
    That looks good brother
    Nice work.
    What is your next project likely to be.
    i wont have too much time to do anything so i will probably work on bettering my detailed work...so a face is a face
    Time has passed and still the cane remains unfinished but not forgotten. I will eventually get around to finishing it, rest assured, and it will find it's way to you Toombes. Slow I might be but eventually........
  • ToombesToombes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,451
    RBeckom:
    Time has passed and still the cane remains unfinished but not forgotten. I will eventually get around to finishing it, rest assured, and it will find it's way to you Toombes. Slow I might be but eventually........

I have all the time in the world, Mr. Beckom. Please, put yourself before me in this endeavor. Your health and well being are much more important than a cane. My best to you and your family, Rodney.
    Toombes:
    RBeckom:

I have all the time in the world, Mr. Beckom. Please, put yourself before me in this endeavor. Your health and well being are much more important than a cane. My best to you and your family, Rodney.

You sir are a true gentleman.
    Toombes.
    Would you accept the cane as is? I fear that my arthritis will prevent me from completing the cane to the extent that I had intended.
    For this I apologize but it was at least mostly completed with the exception of the clear coating.
    >image
  • ToombesToombes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,451
    RBeckom:
    Toombes.
    Would you accept the cane as is? I fear that my arthritis will prevent me from completing the cane to the extent that I had intended.
    For this I apologize but it was at least mostly completed with the exception of the clear coating.
    >image

Rodney, that is incredible! I will gladly accept your gift, regardless of the state of completion. No apologies are necessary, my friend. Just knowing that you were willing to put in the time to do this for me is more than enough generosity. I'm truly honored that you see me fit to accept a piece of your craftsmanship.
    I'll PM you the info. Many, many thanks, my friend!
  • lonewolf2011lonewolf2011 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 503
    Its not carving but this seemed like the closest related section.
    I got my grandads scrollsaw last year and decided it had been collecting dust for too long. Here are some shots of my first project. Cut out of a single piece of 1/4 birch with a fabric backing.

photo 20130804_171514_zps07f287b4.jpg

photo 20130804_171404_zpsaa51149c.jpg

photo 20130804_171311_zps4367c0ce.jpg

photo 20130804_171434_zpsabd05515.jpg
    lonewolf2011:
    Its not carving but this seemed like the closest related section.
    I got my grandads scrollsaw last year and decided it had been collecting dust for too long. Here are some shots of my first project. Cut out of a single piece of 1/4 birch with a fabric backing.

photo 20130804_171514_zps07f287b4.jpg

photo 20130804_171404_zpsaa51149c.jpg

photo 20130804_171311_zps4367c0ce.jpg

photo 20130804_171434_zpsabd05515.jpg

Nice workmanship!