Home General Discussion

Puro Authentico Maduro

KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
Can't wait to these come out (along w/ the crucible). Don't know the date when they arrive yet...but it will be *soon* (per The Beard)

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    PA broadleaf on the MoW PA.

this may be interesting. i have a feeling it will be close to the 5 Vegas AAA but in a corona and a bit milder.

im ok with that.
  • Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    AAA is already in a corona, available in the newer AJ corona sampler that was on the DD a day or three ago. Might be cool to do a side-by-side.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    Really looking forward to these coming out
    Ken Light:
    AAA is already in a corona, available in the newer AJ corona sampler that was on the DD a day or three ago. Might be cool to do a side-by-side.
    im not sure how i missed that... i should get my hand on some of those.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    I'm looking forward to these too. I love the Puro but I have to admit I'm a little skeptical that a maduro wrapper will go well on this blend. They are so peppery I not sure maduro will compliment it, but hey, AAA's are awesome and maybe some sweetness is just what it needs, only one way to find out.
  • BigT06BigT06 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,899
    bigharpoon:
    I'm looking forward to these too. I love the Puro but I have to admit I'm a little skeptical that a maduro wrapper will go well on this blend. They are so peppery I not sure maduro will compliment it, but hey, AAA's are awesome and maybe some sweetness is just what it needs, only one way to find out.
    I LOVE peppery maduros, personally. I am looking forward to these cigars more than pretty much anything else coming out.
  • JDHJDH Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,107
    Krieg:
    Can't wait to these come out (along w/ the crucible). Don't know the date when they arrive yet...but it will be *soon* (per The Beard)
    I'm not so sure...the original is a damned fine cigar...why fix it if it aint broke?
  • BigT06BigT06 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,899
    JDH:
    Krieg:
    I'm not so sure...the original is a damned fine cigar...why fix it if it aint broke?
    It's not a fix... it's in addition to... they aren't stopping the originals. Just adding these.
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    I haven't had a chance to try the original yet but read about this one in the recent CCom magazine....and I want to try them both.

What do you think the chances are that Ccom offers a sampler/combo pack that contains both the original PA and the maduro?
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    Looking forward to trying these, since I think the regular PA is one of the best bargains out there, especially if you are looking for something strong.
    kuzi16:
    Ken Light:
    im not sure how i missed that... i should get my hand on some of those.
    I also asked The Beard if there is any chance of that making it to regular production. He replied "It's a possibility, for sure. I'd love to see regular production of these!" I haven't fired one up yet, but I have a real good feeling about it.
    kuzi16:
    PA broadleaf on the MoW PA.

this may be interesting. i have a feeling it will be close to the 5 Vegas AAA but in a corona and a bit milder.

im ok with that.
    Also PM sent.
  • jr_p951jr_p951 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,121
    Yea, I'm def looking forward to these! The PA is such a fire cracker, its going to be interesting to see what the Maduro brings.
  • laker1963laker1963 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,046
    jr_p951:
    Yea, I'm def looking forward to these! The PA is such a fire cracker, its going to be interesting to see what the Maduro brings.
    Agreed. Just hoping that it doesn't turn out like the San Lotano maduro. That wrapper just doesn't match well with the fillers and that was turning a great stick from natural to a maduro too.
    laker1963:
    jr_p951:
    Agreed. Just hoping that it doesn't turn out like the San Lotano maduro. That wrapper just doesn't match well with the fillers and that was turning a great stick from natural to a maduro too.
    Yes, I think you're dead center on the money.
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    I think the wrapper really makes this a great stick. the maduro wrapper will either bung everything up or make it really great. I don't think there will be any middle ground. If it's like the LHCOF corona or a Diesel, count me in.
    Here's a question though: I just remembered Kuzi posted something on a previous thread asking where the wrapper would be from, and then correcting himself since it had to be Nicaragua for it to still be a puro...

Unless I'm missing something, PA Broadleaf is from Pennsylvania, USA, right? So...is it still a puro authentico?
    Ken Light:
    Here's a question though: I just remembered Kuzi posted something on a previous thread asking where the wrapper would be from, and then correcting himself since it had to be Nicaragua for it to still be a puro...

Unless I'm missing something, PA Broadleaf is from Pennsylvania, USA, right? So...is it still a puro authentico?
    Well you can point to a Quarter Horse, and call it a goat, but that don't make it so.
  • laker1963laker1963 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,046
    Ken Light:

Have you heard that the maduro wrapper is a PA Broadleaf or something?I would imagine if it is too remain a Puro... they will need a Nicaraguan wrapper.
  • KriegerKrieger Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 337
    I'd think they are more than likely using PA broadleaf seeds to grow in Nicaragua, but I'd like to find out too.

I need to hurry up and try a MoW PA, but the misses is clamping down on my buying as of late. lol apparently she noted that my huge humidor is overflowing. hahaha.
    laker1963:
    Ken Light:

Have you heard that the maduro wrapper is a PA Broadleaf or something?I would imagine if it is too remain a Puro... they will need a Nicaraguan wrapper.
    no longer a puro... PA broadleaf.
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,762
    Krieger:
    I'd think they are more than likely using PA broadleaf seeds to grow in Nicaragua, but I'd like to find out too.

I need to hurry up and try a MoW PA, but the misses is clamping down on my buying as of late. lol apparently she noted that my huge humidor is overflowing. hahaha.

PM sent.

• docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    kuzi16:
    laker1963:
    Ken Light:

Unless the PA seed is grown in Nica. Would be interested to get an answer on this one. Alex? Andy? Any other staff?
  • KriegerKrieger Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 337
    bandyt09:
    Krieger:

PM sent.

Back at you sir.
  • xIcedGuardianxxIcedGuardianx Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 873
    kuzi16:
    laker1963:
    Ken Light:

now it's a Puro Non-Authentico
    xIcedGuardianx:
    kuzi16:
    laker1963:
    Ken Light:

or its just

"Man of War Authentico"

or

"MoW Not-so-puro Authintico"

...dont care what its called as long as it is good.

• KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    kuzi16:
    xIcedGuardianx:
    kuzi16:
    laker1963:
    Ken Light:

or its just

"Man of War Authentico"

or

My sentiment exactly
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    It'll be the Man O War, I used to be a Puro, Authentico
  • allsmokedupallsmokedup Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 738
    Sounds like the artist formerly known as Prince, or whatever he calls himself these days.
  • xIcedGuardianxxIcedGuardianx Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 873
    Krieg:
    kuzi16:
    xIcedGuardianx:
    kuzi16:
    laker1963:
    Ken Light:

or its just

"Man of War Authentico"

or

My sentiment exactly
    just a joke lol no need to worry. Chances are they will be great. And if not, we can all relax and have a MoW PA natural. My wallet hopes the maduro sucks.