Home General Discussion

Please HELP the Irishman!!!

90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
Okay Brothers and Sisters, so I've been doing some serious soul searching career wise since I am sick and tires of working for a bunch of ignorant A-holes in retail positions and have decided to pursue my passion of tobacco and cigars! So here is the help I'm humbly asking for; ANY leads in ANY state for me to get into ANY position in the cigar industry PLEASE send them my way via PM or email which is stinger.camaro@gmail.com and I would be incredibly appreciative! Amanda and I are happy to relocate and just need a foot in the door. I'm happy to work for any and all tobacconists or online retailers! Any info is appreciated! Thank you!!

Comments

• The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
    Yeah!!! and hurry up about it too cause once Irish gets his foot in the door Im jumping on board!!!!...I wish you and Amanda the best Brett. Good luck on your endeavors..Im sure you will find something, I've done a little recon in this regard and nothing has turned up. However I didnt pursue any opportunities with the online companies.. Please dont go to work for T @$%^&(* N. Take Care and stay thirsty my friend!
  • boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,101
    no leads or contacts but wanted to wish you luck man. Life's too short to not go chase your passion.
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,539
    Contact Alex, maybe he has a position in the warehouse or can train you so you could work in the shadow of "The Beard"
    Goodluck brother.
  • 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    THANK YOU TO EVERYONE so far for all the support and help.... I already have a difficult health-related life that who knows how long it will last, so it is time for me to follow my dreams... already did the most important one in marrying my wife who is also my best friend.. time for me to follow my cigar passion now too! ANY info is appreciated, thank you to ALL!!
  • Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,971
    Good luck Irishman, I wish you the best!
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    Oh man.... wouldn't that be sweet! I wish all the best of luck to you
  • kevin1323kevin1323 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 294
    I wish I had some info to give you, but good luck Brett!
  • blurrblurr Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 962
    Given how family-oriented the tobacco growing side is, & how closely guarded secrets are, I'd say shoot for starting out just working in sales at a B&M. Maybe after a few years and working at a few different stores you will get enough contacts in the cigar biz to branch out into whatever career path you want. Definitely hard to jump into a 'good' job without any inside info or family friends. If you can handle the wages of a behind the counter salesman for a few years who knows what you can get into. Possibly owning your own B&M in the future. Best of luck to you though.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    Good luck my friend. Hope things come together for you.
  • MTuccelliMTuccelli Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,587
    I wish you luck Brett but in the mean time to keep your sanity why not start a review blog or post you tube videos like some brothers here do. This would keep you up to date on the product and you could earn a little bit of cash with the you tube videos when your viewers subscribe. plus with the videos or blog you could have Amanda do some reviews, which I know would help the lady smokers out there.

• Bucking WBucking W Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 206
    Hey Irish, funny thing you mentioned this. I saw today a B&M selling in Austin. Irish, been trying to send a PM but system won't let me, send me PM maybe that will work.
  • CvilleECvilleE Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,177
    MTuccelli:
    I wish you luck Brett but in the mean time to keep your sanity why not start a review blog or post you tube videos like some brothers here do. This would keep you up to date on the product and you could earn a little bit of cash with the you tube videos when your viewers subscribe. plus with the videos or blog you could have Amanda do some reviews, which I know would help the lady smokers out there.

This is good advise.....Brett I wish you the best as well. Getting started in the online world with a blog or even reviews on youtube as mentioned above will expose your views and knowledge to countless people of the cigar world. Be patient, and take it step at a time and your passion will lead to great things.
  • JDHJDH Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,107
    CvilleE:
    MTuccelli:

This is good advise.....Brett I wish you the best as well. Getting started in the online world with a blog or even reviews on youtube as mentioned above will expose your views and knowledge to countless people of the cigar world. Be patient, and take it step at a time and your passion will lead to great things.
    This is exactly what I was going to suggest. You definately have the talent and knowledge, and it's something you could do to start small, and build a name for yourself. There are enough people here on this site alone who would provide you with plenty of hits...think about it.
  • jj20030jj20030 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,448
    Bucking W:
    Hey Irish, funny thing you mentioned this. I saw today a B&M selling in Austin. Irish, been trying to send a PM but system won't let me, send me PM maybe that will work.
    his pm i have never got to work, it always says web page not found or something along those lines? he has his emaill addy on top,,,good luck irish!
  • DirewolfDirewolf Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,493
    JDH:
    CvilleE:
    MTuccelli:

This is exactly what I was going to suggest. You definately have the talent and knowledge, and it's something you could do to start small, and build a name for yourself. There are enough people here on this site alone who would provide you with plenty of hits...think about it.
    That actually constitutes a good resume now a days.It's along the same track a buddy of mine uses for his literary publicists gig
  • CvilleECvilleE Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,177
    jj20030:
    Bucking W:
    his pm i have never got to work, it always says web page not found or something along those lines? he has his emaill addy on top,,,good luck irish!
    Am I the only one that doesn't have this problem?
  • Bucking WBucking W Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 206
    Sent you an email
  • jj20030jj20030 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,448
    CvilleE:
    jj20030:
    Bucking W:
    i guess,lol, all i get> This error (HTTP 404 Not Found) means that Internet Explorer was able to connect to the website, but the page you wanted was not found. It's possible that the webpage is temporarily unavailable. Alternatively, the website might have changed or removed the webpage.
  • jlmartajlmarta Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,440
    Direwolf:
    JDH:
    CvilleE:
    MTuccelli:

That actually constitutes a good resume now a days.It's along the same track a buddy of mine uses for his literary publicists gig

Isn't that what Enfidl is doing? He does a blog, reviews, etc. and look how well it's working for him.... Gurkha just unloaded a treasure trove of stuff on him so he must be on his way to making his mark. Might be worth trying, Brett.
  • The SniperThe Sniper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,910
    I know a while back, several of the guys on the forums here were working as reps for 262 cigars... jsnake is the one I remember clearest. I dont know if they're still in the market for reps, but you should pm snake and see what he can tell you about this and other opportunities since he is (was?) part of it.

• 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    Thank you to all for the responses so far! Amanda is a graphic design genius and is making me a website as we speak for that purpose! I replied to any emails as well and 262 isn't looking for any reps at the moment. Keep the ideas and leads coming guys, thanks a ton!!!
  • Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    90+ Irishman:
    Thank you to all for the responses so far! Amanda is a graphic design genius and is making me a website as we speak for that purpose! I replied to any emails as well and 262 isn't looking for any reps at the moment. Keep the ideas and leads coming guys, thanks a ton!!!
    Brett, best of luck to you! It's inspiring to see someone trying to chase a dream like this! Also incredible that you've got such a supportive wife by your side, congrats on that regardless of the outcome! Wish I had any help to offer, but all I can do is hit the hell out of that website whenever its ready...
  • zeebrazeebra Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,166
    Good luck Irish! I hope you find something you love to do and find it quickly! I'll keep a lookout and see if I hear anything that could be of some help for you. good luck again buddy!
  • WafflesWaffles Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 63
    I will be of no help in finding you a job, just wanted to say good luck.
  • JDHJDH Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,107
    jj20030:
    CvilleE:
    jj20030:
    Bucking W:
    i guess,lol, all i get> This error (HTTP 404 Not Found) means that Internet Explorer was able to connect to the website, but the page you wanted was not found. It's possible that the webpage is temporarily unavailable. Alternatively, the website might have changed or removed the webpage.
    Which B&M in Austin is up for sale?
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    Best of luck on the hunt brother!
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    I know some of the guys on here used to be cigar reps for 262. Jsnake used to be one, shoot him a PM and he might be able to tell you who to contact about a sales rep position. They're a growing cigar company and I'm sure need reps. Also, you could follow the president on twitter, he might hook u up. His name is Clint, @262cigars. Another up and coming cigar company is Rodrigo cigars, http://rodrigocigars.com/ they are also probably looking for reps. Check them out buddy, and good luck!
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    if i am not mistakening for reps too. or they were 6 months ago.
  • deejmemixxdeejmemixx Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,064
    kuzi16:
    I think you forgot to put who was kuzi
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    deejmemixx:
    kuzi16:
    I think you forgot to put who was kuzi
    i typed it in but i must have accidentally hit something that deleted it. i had to re type it the first time because i transposed the "o" and the "L" in "San Lotano."