Home General Discussion

Gurkha destroyed me!

ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
Ok so I got a message about 3 or 4 days ago from the guys at Gurkha cigars on my blog's twitter account asking me for my address. Well yesterday this arrived and I'm blown away! I can't believe that they sent me 2 boxes of cigars, an awesome ashtray, a hat and a very nice personalized letter. They said it was a little thank you and I'm pretty speechless...
The Hat
Box of Seduction Gran Robusto
Box of Cellar Reserve Churchill
The Ashtray

Comments

• TeegeTeege Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 660
    wow thats amazing!!
  • BigT06BigT06 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,899
    Wow. Those cellar reserves are supposed to be awesome. Gave mine to Dwayne for his m.a.w. but they are gorgeous cigars.
  • smoke em if you got emsmoke em if you got em Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,119
    Walter Payton!!!
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    Damn, that's sweet! It may be good advertising for them but I think it's a pretty classy move all the same. Very generous. Your site must be getting some real traffic, congratulations! I hear good things about those Cellar Reserves.
  • jlmartajlmarta Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,440
    Wow!! In-damned-credible!! Maybe we should all start blogs. Nice going, E.

Incidentally, you can send my share to me at your convenience.... LOL.
  • boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,101
    thats pretty freaking cool, E. I had never even heard of the cellar reserve until the top 25 from CJ and i've now been noticing them pooping up here and there. Let us know what you think man. Very cool gesture from the company thugh.
  • xIcedGuardianxxIcedGuardianx Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 873
    Holy Crap man... I expect a full report on those cigars. I've been interested in the cellar reserve but I've never even heard of the other one. Killer.
  • RCY CigarsRCY Cigars Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,346
    Nice of them to do that. The Cellar Reserves are pretty awesome. I just picked up some more from my B&M. Going to have to try the other one. Nice E, your blog site is picking up some momentum.
  • jj20030jj20030 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,448
    they look awesome,been wanting to try the cellar, and rcy you got a pm bro
  • The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
    Hey E, nice pickup!!! I wouldnt mind doing some trading to get a couple of those...
    The Kid:
    Hey E, nice pickup!!! I wouldnt mind doing some trading to get me and jj a couple of those...
    FIXED IT BRO,LOL image
  • The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
    jj20030:
    The Kid:
    Hey E, nice pickup!!! I wouldnt mind doing some trading to get me and jj a couple of those...
    FIXED IT BRO,LOL image
    LMAO Thats totally messed up!!!!
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    ENFIDL:
    I can't believe that they sent me 2 boxes of cigars, an awesome ashtray, a hat and a very nice personalized letter. They said it was a little thank you and I'm pretty speechless...
    nice to see that people are taking notice.

i assume that it was a positive review.
    they trying to sway you maybe?
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    Thanks guys! I am really excited to try the Cellar Reserve. The blog has been a success thanks to you guys here, CCOM, Room 101, Tatuaje, Gurkha, etc A lot of the people in the industry have taken the time to help put the word out there about it and I shamelessly promote it like a mofo haha

kuzi16:
    ENFIDL:
    I can't believe that they sent me 2 boxes of cigars, an awesome ashtray, a hat and a very nice personalized letter. They said it was a little thank you and I'm pretty speechless...

Yeah it is really cool that the blog is getting a lot of attention from guys in the industry. I don't think they were trying to sway me honestly. They had already sent me a Seduction that had been featured on the blog. I think this was more a thanks for putting them in my custom sampler and helping put the word out about them. I won't put negative info in my blog. If I feel like it's a really bad cigar and that I can't find any positive reviews I simply won't feature it. I think this was nothing more than a simple thanks.
    The Kid:
    jj20030:
    The Kid:
    FIXED IT BRO,LOL image
    LMAO you two clowns are funny. PM me and we'll work something out. Not many of them will be traded as I want to sit on these for awhile and age the crap out of them.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    That's fantastic Man! About not posting bad reviews, I have a small issue with that. I mean no all cigars are going to be good and if anything pointing out flaws in a cigar will not only help out someone who is on the fence but may in fact tell the maker of the cigar what to fix next time.
    phobicsquirrel:
    That's fantastic Man! About not posting bad reviews, I have a small issue with that. I mean no all cigars are going to be good and if anything pointing out flaws in a cigar will not only help out someone who is on the fence but may in fact tell the maker of the cigar what to fix next time.
    Thanks man! I def see where you're coming from and was on the fence with my decision back when I started the blog but mine isn't so much a review blog as much as it is a cigar photography blog. I include the short review just to describe the cigar that is being featured that day that's why I went the way I did with it. If it was strictly a review site where I put photos up of the cigar while smoking it and posted a full review I would put any negative thoughts I had on the cigar.
  • Poker SlobPoker Slob Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 996
    Wow, what a fantastic surprise!!
  • jr_p951jr_p951 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,121
    Thats awesome!! Its nice to see the big companies sending out stuff to people!! Shows that someone there keeps us in mind!
  • MarkerMarker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,524
    kuzi16:
    ENFIDL:

I think you are on to something Kuzi. First Darth Vader is here trying to bring us to the dark side. Now Gurkha is trying to secude Enfidel. Coincidence? I think not.
  • chemforeverchemforever Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,200
    I guess your hard work is paying off, keep up yje good work!
  • RampMonkeyRampMonkey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,808
    Very cool E! Congrats!
  • danielruasdanielruas Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 778
    Thats awesome dude congrats! Glad your blog is getting notoriety, it's well deserved.
    ENFIDL:
    The Kid:
    jj20030:
    The Kid:
    FIXED IT BRO,LOL image
    LMAO you two clowns are funny. PM me and we'll work something out. Not many of them will be traded as I want to sit on these for awhile and age the crap out of them.
    i was just clowning,lol
  • MTuccelliMTuccelli Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,587
    Can I have your autograph?

• 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    WOW..... holy cats E, congrats on such a GREAT pick-up!!
  • MarkerMarker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,524
    MTuccelli:
    Can I have your autograph?

Careful what you wish for Mike. You just might get it.
  • CvilleECvilleE Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,177
    That is great E! Very nice of them to do that for a deserving brother! Keep up the excellent work....your blog is awesome!
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    That really cool brother. Glad to see your hard work gaining recognition.
  • e6specialke6specialk Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 216
    Congrats E, you definitely deserve all that is coming to you.