Home General Discussion

I did it!! I smoked the first one!!!!

SalemSalem Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 717
....or part of it anyway. Since it was my first time, I only smoked half of it. It was a great experience. And the longer I smoked it, the better it got. But I didn't want to push it. I accidentally inhaled twice and didn't want to get sick, and I didn't. I chose for my first one, a 5 Vegas Gold Maduro. It was not strong at all and had a faint taste of cocoa, which I liked. There were numerous other tastes going around in there too, but I can't explain what they are. But it was a good experience. Next time, whole thing. :) Here's my cigar in progress and a pic of my cigars in my humidor!! imageimage

Comments

• MarkerMarker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,524
    Glad to hear you had your first one. Don't worry about making the inhale mistake. Pretty sure we all did. Cough for 3 minutes, relax, go back at it.

Make sure you have some humidification in your little humidor. At least a water pillow. Good job so far.
  • dowjr1dowjr1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 600
    5 Vegas Gold Maddies are solid....can't go wrong there. I always keep a few in the humi.
  • asianbiker8asianbiker8 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 551
    glad you had a good first experience!
  • jasonusa1jasonusa1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 729
    asianbiker8:
    glad you had a good first experience!
    And even better to know that it looks like you'll be sticking around!
  • The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
    Glad you gave it a go.. I was concerned that the 5 vegas maduro might be a bit much, Doesnt sound like that was case. Inhaling happens to the best of us,, Glad you didnt turn green and feel squeemish..:O). Might also want to try your next one after a good dinner. Take Care
  • Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    Glad to hear you enjoyed it! Looks like you got a decent burn and cut on the thing too, I know I can't say that for my first few! If you're taking suggestions for what to hit next in there (you got hooked up real well from the looks of it, this forum is impeccable) I'd say go to the 5 Vegas Classic next.
  • SalemSalem Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 717
    Ken Light:
    Glad to hear you enjoyed it! Looks like you got a decent burn and cut on the thing too, I know I can't say that for my first few! If you're taking suggestions for what to hit next in there (you got hooked up real well from the looks of it, this forum is impeccable) I'd say go to the 5 Vegas Classic next.
    Thanks for the suggestion! I believe I will try that one!
  • MVW67MVW67 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,447
    Congrats on your first one, now you begin the journey of finding the cigars you will like the best. With the vast assortment available, I have found it to be an enjoyable time.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    For something a bit different from the 5 Vegas, I think you'll enjoy the Casa Toraño, which is on the far left. To date it remains one of the most impressive mild cigars I've had due to the amount of flavor it packs.
  • smoke em if you got emsmoke em if you got em Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,119
    Congrats Salem....nice looking humi...looks too empty..messing around with us guys we can get ya filled up quick!!
  • Lakota72Lakota72 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,267
    Congratulations!!! I sure hope you have a bigger humidor. Now that the guys have seen what you have and now what you like....Just you wait. I already feel sorry for you.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    i see a Joyo de Nicaragua Cabinetta in there.
    my wife loves em and so do i.

its a great blend from one of my favorite makers. heck, i may have one tomorrow.
  • jr_p951jr_p951 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,121
    Congrats on the first!! Many more to come!! Inhaling gets all of us at some point. I smoked cigarettes for 15 years and the habit dies hard. Just today, I was enjoying a Montecristo Platinum while tinkering in the garage, when my daughter asked me a question mid-draw. My dumba$$ instinctivley inhaled and I instantly blew up!! My daughter got a huge laugh out of it. I composed myself and continued with the stick! Very nice stick by the way!
  • IrishAJIrishAJ Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 135
    Congrats to the first cigar, my first one was a Rocky with Brett. I did the inhale thing too and thought I would puke. I have found that things like a Tokyo Joe bowl or a Subway sandwhich does a pretty good job or cutting down the pukies if you accidentially inhale and feel quesy afterwards.
  • Duke2Duke2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 393
    Salem

Welcome to the club and congrats on your first. As you will soon find out they multiply like rabbits.
  • Duke2Duke2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 393
    Salem

Congrats on the first and welcome to the club. As you will soon find out cigars multiply like rabbits.
  • 415415 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 951
    IrishAJ:
    Congrats to the first cigar, my first one was a Rocky with Brett. I did the inhale thing too and thought I would puke. I have found that things like a Tokyo Joe bowl or a Subway sandwhich does a pretty good job or cutting down the pukies if you accidentially inhale and feel quesy afterwards.
    smoking on a full stomach always helps. and i dont know if it works for anybody else but if i feel sick after to many cigars i drink a little soda. ive found that anything high in sugar tends to help.
  • james40james40 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,450
    Congrats on your first one. It will become second nature after you smoke awhile to not inhale. One suggestion is to keep a journal and write in there about what cigar you had, what you drank with it, and how you felt during and after you smoked it. I found it helps jog the memory later on down the road. Glad to see you're enjoying it from the get go.
  • ellinasellinas Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 329
    congrats on your first cigar, i'm glad you enjoyed it. now you need to go hide your wallet from yourself because it is easy to get addicted to buying cigars.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    Congrats on your first stick Salem glad you enjoyed it. The Gold Maddie was a good choice and that's a nice selection you got there.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    Very good choice I enjoy the 5 Vegas Gold Maduro. Welcome to the forum and get a bigger humidor....you'll need it lol
  • e6specialke6specialk Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 216
    Welcome to the forum and I'm glad you had a good first experience, I also like the 5 Vegas line of cigars. They also make a great looking humidor.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    j0z3r:
    For something a bit different from the 5 Vegas, I think you'll enjoy the Casa Toraño, which is on the far left. To date it remains one of the most impressive mild cigars I've had due to the amount of flavor it packs.
    I'm with Joe on this one.. I've been smoking for a long time and found Casa Torano after about fifteen years.. Mild enough for the novice and flavor enough for the veteran.
  • Bobbo2009Bobbo2009 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 843
    ALRIGHT!! You'll be hooked before you know it and will need coolers stacked to the ceiling to store all of your sticks. I haven't tried the 5-V Gold Maduro yet, but I got a couple from my Secret Santa so I plan to enjoy one in the next couple of months. I see a 777 is in your humi. I really enjoyed the one that I had. Great sick.

Rob
  • RCY CigarsRCY Cigars Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,346
    Congrats on the first one. Now it begins, hopefully it will remains a enjoyable find for you(this hobby).
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    Next thing you know you'll make a trade with someone and get on the good traders list then it's all over. I kinda feel sorry for the first gal who makes it to the list. Knowing how this group is. Giggles as he types.
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,484
    Glad to see they found a good home. Put the Tabak especial in a zip lock bag away from the other sticks, or better yet, smoke it! Infused sticks will leach the sweet smell to the other sticks and they may not taist right. Let me know when your ready for a few more!
    firetruckguy:
    Glad to see they found a good home. Put the Tabak especial in a zip lock bag away from the other sticks, or better yet, smoke it! Infused sticks will leach the sweet smell to the other sticks and they may not taist right. Let me know when your ready for a few more!
    Thank you! I put it with the others while I took the pic, but forgot to take it back out.....glad you reminded me. I hope it has not hurt the others.
  • The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
    Nah it will be fine, As a rule should try to keep the infused cigars seperate from the traditional cigars for the reasons given...I'd SMOKE IT NEXT!!!!
    I'm sitting here wanting another cigar right now! I appreciate all the suggestions. Looks like I'll either have the 5 Vegas Classic, or the one to the far left (can't remember the name, lol) or the injected one. Any other suggestions?