Home General Discussion

Have you joined CRA?

2»

Comments

• DirewolfDirewolf Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,493
    Got a reply from Sen Chuck Schumer today

Dear Mr. Murphy: Thank you for your letter regarding S.1461, Traditional Cigar Manufacturing and Small Business Jobs Preservation Act of 2011. I share your desire to help small businesses thrive in the communities they serve. I believe small business is the engine that drives job growth in America. For the past three decades the largest area of job creation has been in the small business sector. When we help our entrepreneurs, we help our economy. That is why I was a strong supporter of the Small Business Jobs Act, which was passed by Congress and signed into law by the President in the fall of 2010. I know how important these businesses are and will continue to lead the fight for American jobs.

As you are aware, S. 1461 has been referred to the Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor and Pensions. Although I am not a member of this committee, I will closely monitor this legislation as it makes its way through the Senate.
    Again, thank you for contacting me on this important issue. If I may be of further assistance on this or any other matter, please do not hesitate to contact me.
    Sincerely, Charles E. Schumer United States Senator
  • JHeweyJHewey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,411
    I plan to join sometime in the next few weeks.
  • beatnicbeatnic Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,133
    Direwolf:
    Got a reply from Sen Chuck Schumer today

Dear Mr. Murphy: Thank you for your letter regarding S.1461, Traditional Cigar Manufacturing and Small Business Jobs Preservation Act of 2011. I share your desire to help small businesses thrive in the communities they serve. I believe small business is the engine that drives job growth in America. For the past three decades the largest area of job creation has been in the small business sector. When we help our entrepreneurs, we help our economy. That is why I was a strong supporter of the Small Business Jobs Act, which was passed by Congress and signed into law by the President in the fall of 2010. I know how important these businesses are and will continue to lead the fight for American jobs.

As you are aware, S. 1461 has been referred to the Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor and Pensions. Although I am not a member of this committee, I will closely monitor this legislation as it makes its way through the Senate.
    Again, thank you for contacting me on this important issue. If I may be of further assistance on this or any other matter, please do not hesitate to contact me.
    A loser Sincerely, Charles E. Schumer United States Senator
    Chuck Shumer is not going to help our cause.
  • Alex SvensonAlex Svenson BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, Registered Users Posts: 1,204
    I love the responses of the congressman who just come right out and say that they support taking premium cigars out of the bill. some of these guys that have these 1 foot in 1 foot out responses you can clearly tell are not going to be friends.
    beatnic:
    Chuck Shumer is not going to help our cause.
    He's a NY Senator and I ddin't include an "Gift" in my mail
    NY sucks sometimes. Bloomberg (who boasts about having the 4th largest army in the world) wants to cut down on the number of places that are allowed to serve alcohol. I'm really sick or personal choice and freedom being taken from me. I'm a bog boy. I work, pay my taxes , and my own bills. Pay for a system that in noway will be able to help me when and if I get older. New York is also starting to test a scan system that will scan folks to see if they are carrying any type of weapon. Free world my ass .
  • Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,971
    I need to join, just waiting to go to MPLS to find somewhere that is a member so I can do it and get my 10sticks! :)
  • JDHJDH Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,107
    It's my understanding that most of the support for eliminating internet sale of cigars is probably aimed at preventing Cuban cigars from coming into the country, and those in favor of this regulation really don't give a damn about the internet sale of legal cigars, except they can use it to get money from the anti-tobacco loby.
  • skweekzskweekz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,218
    About to sign up. Anyone wanna be my referral?
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    Bump...

And if you haven't signed up yet, just stumbled across this promo on the Ccom front page:
    Help the Cause Sampler - 10 cigars w/ 6-mo membership for $25 LINK CLICK

And thanks for putting this together, CCOM. That's a good looking sampler and a nice incentive to join.
    Everyone on this forum should sign up. It costs very little to do so. And they'll even send you some cigars.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    I've been meaning to do this.
    Living in MD I need to this.

• JudoChinXJudoChinX Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 775
    Thanks for the reminder. It's something I've meant to do, though I did send a petition to congress. Guess I'm not a total waste of space.
  • Un_SubUn_Sub Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 210
    JudoChinX:
    Thanks for the reminder. It's something I've meant to do, though I did send a petition to congress. Guess I'm not a total waste of space.

+1
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    That support the cause sampler is pretty cool a great price just for the sticks themselves, 5 of some of my faves in there. Hope they keep this as an ongoing deal.
  • Un_SubUn_Sub Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 210
    Rhamlin:
    That support the cause sampler is pretty cool a great price just for the sticks themselves, 5 of some of my faves in there. Hope they keep this as an ongoing deal.

deff. be getting one of those.
  • Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    Thought I'd bump this up, just got the E-mail regarding new proposals from the FDA, or FFDA if you prefer, guess what the extra "F" stands for, OUTRAGEOUS! So, if the N A Z I bas tards get their way, no more online sales, no use of the word "cigar" or "tobacco" on storefronts, walk-in humidors will be outlawed, color advertisements banned, sheesh!

Is there anyone in government, anyone at all that's interested in solving the very real and very dangerous problems our country is facing? Or, are they all just interesting in making sure they maximize the insurance industry's profit margin? I'm thinking #2, in soooo many ways.

How long before they ban the term "Ice Cream" in an effort to curb obesity?

#2! again, in the way it's used in grade school.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    I wish the cigar businesses had an expensive lobbyist to wine, dine and smoke cigars with these fat cat weasels..ughh