Home Non Cigar Related

What is the best concert you have been to?

2»

Comments

• OchoZachoOchoZacho Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,471
    So many I like live; the Dead, RatDog, moe., Yonder Mountain String Band, Dylan.....those are all from my early 20's (which wasn't that long ago, I'll be 30 next year!) but I would have to say that my 2 favorites are Jack Johnson and Chris Tomlin. The first was with my wife while we were still dating and the 2nd was just after we got married. We love both artists and it makes it that much better enjoying a great concert in a great season of life with the one you love!
  • jj20030jj20030 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,448
    led zeppelin 2 times in the 70's also a great one was robin trower, king crimson and edgar winter i was on the 2end row center
  • SalemSalem Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 717
    I will tell my age and say that the best concert I went to was at a football stadium and there was Van Halen, Boston, Poco, and a few others I don't remember. It was an all day thing. Loved Van Halen when they first came out.
  • JDHJDH Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,107
    jj20030:
    led zeppelin 2 times in the 70's also a great one was robin trower, king crimson and edgar winter i was on the 2end row center
    You probably won't believe this, but I swear, it's the truth. Back in the early 70's I was at a party at a friends house in a little itty bitty town called Chireno in East Texas. There were about 2 dozen or so gathered in the back yard around a keg, and Johnny Winter and a few of his friends dropped in - he knew the guy who owned the house where the party was. It wasn't too long before they started jamming, & that turned into a party to remember.
  • tincup703tincup703 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 58
    Back in the late 60's, (cant really remember),I saw Big Brother and the Holding Company (Janis Joplin in her prime) and the opening act was The Jeff Beck Group with Rod Stewart on lead vocals.
    The Best part...Tickets were only $4...there was a 2:00 show and a 6:00 show at this huge old Roller Rink. We went to the 2:00 show and there was were so few tickets sold for the 6:00 show they said anyone who wanted could stay for the second show, which we did. So we sat on the floor through two concerts with a huge psychedelic light show for $4...and yeah I really am that damned old!

• JDHJDH Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,107
    tincup703:
    Back in the late 60's, (cant really remember),I saw Big Brother and the Holding Company (Janis Joplin in her prime) and the opening act was The Jeff Beck Group with Rod Stewart on lead vocals.
    The Best part...Tickets were only $4...there was a 2:00 show and a 6:00 show at this huge old Roller Rink. We went to the 2:00 show and there was were so few tickets sold for the 6:00 show they said anyone who wanted could stay for the second show, which we did. So we sat on the floor through two concerts with a huge psychedelic light show for $4...and yeah I really am that damned old!

I remember those days...I saw the Doors...that was wild.
  • RampMonkeyRampMonkey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,808
    Not much of a concert person as my better half but lately I attended the Nickleback Tour that took place last year. Other bands that were along for the ride was Shinedown, Sick Puppies, & Lincoln Park. Great concert to see alot of bands in one setting :D
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    Went to see Blue Man Group this year and I have to say it was the production I have ever witnessed.
    And I've worked in large production settings.
    They had the best light, laser, and "wtf is that" show I've ever seen.

• spindriftspindrift Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 818
    Salem:
    I will tell my age and say that the best concert I went to was at a football stadium and there was Van Halen, Boston, Poco, and a few others I don't remember. It was an all day thing. Loved Van Halen when they first came out.
    Was that in NC? In 1979 (stationed in NC) rode my cycle (with others) to a NCSU to see Boston, Van Halen, Poco, and the Outlaws (with a lot of guests). The Outlaws closed the show and played for close to 4 hours I think.. I still have a Van Halen long sleeve from that show, however, it doesn't even come close to fitting :^( ... Great show, and would put it in my top three for sure.....
  • Leon1072Leon1072 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 48
    The Eagles at Mile High Stadium in their Hell Freezes Over tour.
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    Some really cool shows you guys have seen.
  • ug danug dan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 375
    A couple of years ago a buddy and myself were thrown out of a Charlie Pride concert that was pretty awesome! His voice is still amazing.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    Deftones @ Sonar in Baltimore, MD:
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    Also Godsmack, Rob Zombie, and Static X all put on awesome shows. Dillinger Escape Plan is one of the best opening bands I've seen
  • WafflesWaffles Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 63
    The one I had the most fun at back in the day was a Slayer concert where I ended up with 3 broken ribs and a pulled neck muscle.

• KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    U2, I've seen them 3x...best show ever.