Home Non Cigar Related

What is the best concert you have been to?

TeegeTeege Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 660
I did a search and didn't see this thread and someone posted some pics the other day and got me thinking about it.

So what is the best concert you have been to?

Comments

• BigT06BigT06 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,899
    Eric Clapton was amazing. So was Derek Trucks and Susan Tedeschi were amazing as well... those are prob my top 2.
  • laker1963laker1963 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,046
    Supertramp. Back in the day.
  • DirewolfDirewolf Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,493
    Roger Waters' The Wall. @ Nassau Coliseum. Soon to be replaced by Roger Water's The Wall @ Yankee Stadium . I used to work concert security have seen a ton of concerts.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    ive been to quite a few shows....
    and as much as i hate to admit it, i am a sucker for Glam Rock.

that being said, i think the best concert i have been to was the first time i saw KISS in 2000 on their "Farewell tour"
    ive seen them like 5 times since but that was the best one.

another one that im surprised at how good they were was YES. simply amazing show
  • Lakota72Lakota72 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,267
    I have only been to a couple of concerts. So I don't have much to go off of but I had a blast at the Transiberian Orchestra concert my wife took me to a couple years ago.
  • christian1971christian1971 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 392
    I got to see and meet Rob Halford of Judas Priest (then band Halford) at our local ballroom about 10 years ago.. Only about 100 people there. Show was loud and intense!!!
  • jasonusa1jasonusa1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 729
    the Doves... so good
  • beatnicbeatnic Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,133
    That would be extremely difficult for me.

• JDHJDH Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,107
    This is really going to show my age, but here goes:

I've been to many concerts, but the three that stand out in my memory are; Moody Blues at Red Rock Colorado,

There was an impromptu free concert in Northern California in 1970 that included the Greatful Dead, elements of Quicksilver Messenger Service, Hot Tuna, elements of Ten Years After, David Crosby, Roger McGuinn, and elements of The Band. It was in a public park and these guys just showed up and played together for hours...for free.

In 1972 I went to Willie Nelson's birthday party at his ranch in North Texas. It lasted for 3 days. There were rivers of beer. Waylon and Chris and Leon Russel, New Riders of the Purple Sage, lots of Texas talent out of Austin, Emmy Lou Harris, and a bunch of local talent out of Nashville was there. We ate BBQ goat that had been roasting for about a week. That was a party!
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    I've been to tons of concerts and without a doubt one of the best shows I've ever seen was Beck.

Not only was the music great, the sound was amazing and he is an incredible performer. That dude can BUST A MOVE!!! Seriously, he doesn't dance, he glides on ball bearings.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    Deep Purple, Stevie Ray Vaughn and believe it or not the American Idol concerts I've been to with my wife were very good.
  • deejmemixxdeejmemixx Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,064
    well, I just went to see A7X and it was a fantastic fkn show. Asking Alexandria, Hollywood Undead (absolutely hated them) and Black Veil Brides were there as well. BVB absolutely rocked even though they looked like freaks from outer space.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    ICP for sure. Their concerts are the bomb.
  • TeegeTeege Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 660
    Ive been to a few but my fav by a long shot was actually Sister Hazel they are amazing live!
  • Bucking WBucking W Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 206
    Show my age here, Ted Nugent "little miss dangerass tour" He was carried on and off the stage by four completely hot nude women. I had front row too.
  • jr_p951jr_p951 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,121
    D@mn Beat...looks like you get out and have a good time!

My wife and I were on a concert kick years back. We would see almost anyone coming thru Southern California, so you can imagine how many that is. We would hit 2 or 3 a month depending on genre. We never went to rap concerts or oprea. I think my fav show had to be a Journey/Def Leppard/Motley Crue concert!
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    Direwolf:
    Roger Waters' The Wall. @ Nassau Coliseum. Soon to be replaced by Roger Water's The Wall @ Yankee Stadium . I used to work concert security have seen a ton of concerts.
    I had a job working security for an outdoor concert venue too. I saw many shows.. Some of my favorites include The Eagles, Eric Clapton, Steely Dan, Rush, and Pink Floyd.. I enjoy any live music and the energy of the musicians and crowd.
  • deejmemixxdeejmemixx Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,064
    best venue was Red Rock in Colorado. If you have not been...its a MUST. I seen Rat Dog there, which is a break off TGD.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhB11e5OMa0 ---A tour of Red Rock

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzW8mxmGxVc&feature=related --RatDog
  • DirewolfDirewolf Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,493
    kaspera79:
    Direwolf:
    I had a job working security for an outdoor concert venue too. I saw many shows.. Some of my favorites include The Eagles, Eric Clapton, Steely Dan, Rush, and Pink Floyd.. I enjoy any live music and the energy of the musicians and crowd.
    I love live music and small venues. If anyone ever gets the chance to see Colin Hay (lead singer from Men At Work) jump on it. Very humble and personable guy. His shows are like a Storytellers episode filled with songs and stories .
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    Direwolf:
    kaspera79:
    Direwolf:
    I love live music and small venues. If anyone ever gets the chance to see Colin Hay (lead singer from Men At Work) jump on it. Very humble and personable guy. His shows are like a Storytellers episode filled with songs and stories .
    I saw Collin Hay last year at a bar in Chicago area. tickets were only 20 bucks, he did an accoustic show of his M.A.W stuff as well as own solo material. Here is a guy that once sold out huge arenas and was now playing for a crowd of about 200. He just loves to play his music. After the show he was hanging around talking to the fans, l really like the small venue where you really "felt" the music. That was my favorite show last year.
  • Bobbo2009Bobbo2009 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 843
    Two concerts stick out in my mind as the best I have ever been to. The first is KISS back in the late 90's. Just an awesome experience. I never made it to see them again though. We still talk about that concert to this day.
    The other was a Garth Brooks concert from the late 90's too. It was right up there with KISS. Different showmen but both were great!

Rob
  • The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
  • robbyrasrobbyras Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,487
    Ben Harper and the Innocent Criminals... November 9, 2007 - The Paramount, Oakland CA

it was a birthday gift from my girlfriend (now my wife)... we had first row center loge seats... just a brilliant show... this was before he change groups and lost it... this was the Lifeline tour... They were playing one of my favorite songs when the band stopped and Ben stepped away from the mic and just sang... the crowd was dead silent... so it was just one man singing and 3,000 people in awe... pretty amazing...

Stevie Wonder in 08 is a close second... these guys are my 2 of my favorite artists of all time...

I saw Santana back in 2000 and that was a great show... and metallica on new years eve in like 96 or 97 with Primus... that was a CRAZY show... good times
  • Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,971
    Bruce Springsteen "The Rising" Tour, seats on the floor and was about 30rows away
  • KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 908
    ZZ Top at the Cow Palace, 1975
    Deep Purple at San Diego Arena, 1974

I'm old.......I know..........
  • beatnicbeatnic Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,133
    KingoftheCove:

Yet wiser!
  • JDHJDH Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,107
    KingoftheCove:

ZZ Top, among others, was at Willies Birthday Party ('72). .

Yer only as old as you let yourself think you are. Besides, youth is wasted on the young.
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,484
  • MTuccelliMTuccelli Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,587
    1977 Doobie Brothers in San Antonio, ToTo was their opener. While stationed in the U.K in 79 I took the wife to see David Essex and Suzy Quattro
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    Red and Brian "Head" Welch. I have been to many shows but this was by far the best concert ever. Red was just amazing.