Home General Discussion

Cigars of the year 2011

stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
What have been some of your favorite smokes this year?

Comments

• rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    My favorite one has been Opus X Maduro! As much as I like the Armada and Diesel Unlimited the X Maduro was my absolute favorite of the year.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    Guess I should've answered. For me it's a 4 way toss up between the EP Carrillo Encantos, Gran Habano Azteca, 90 Miles Reserva Selecta, and the San Lotano Oval.

• KriegerKrieger Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 337
    I was going to buy the Gran Habano Azteca but a buddy talked me out of it, saying he hated his... darn... This year, nothing really tickled my fancy too much that made me remember it, but the MUWAT and Undercrown are very good cigars, and once they get some age, I'm sure they will blow people away.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    stephen_hannibal:
    Guess I should've answered. For me it's a 4 way toss up between the EP Carrillo Encantos, Gran Habano Azteca, 90 Miles Reserva Selecta, and the San Lotano Oval.

I have to say that the Azteca was definately good. Forgot about that one. The others I haven't had.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    favorite new releases of 2011:
    Room 101 Connecticut
    LFD Colorado Oscuro
    Tatuaje La Casita Criollo (for just the "interesting factor")
    LG Small Batch IV

id love to say Zino Z-class but i have somehow not had one yet.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    kuzi16:
    favorite new releases of 2011:
    Room 101 Connecticut
    LFD Colorado Oscuro
    Tatuaje La Casita Criollo (for just the "interesting factor")
    LG Small Batch IV

id love to say Zino Z-class but i have somehow not had one yet.
    Omg forgot about the 101 Connie.

• KriegerKrieger Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 337
    LFD CO came out this year? then that gets my vote. I am addicted to those puppies. I love smoking them when they are fresh, but I have 5 aging and will try after 6 months, then again after 1 year.
    Krieger:
    LFD CO came out this year? then that gets my vote. I am addicted to those puppies. I love smoking them when they are fresh, but I have 5 aging and will try after 6 months, then again after 1 year.
    i think they did... i may be wrong. i dont remember seeing them last year and my shop gets everything LFD.
  • PDWIGSPDWIGS Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 82
    SAN LOTANO OVAL
  • 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    Yeah LFD CO came out this year and gets my vote as well. Also the MOW PA and Armada Corona... Don't know if it came out this year (think it did) but the LP #9 and T52 are also on my list ;)
    Haven't tried the Oval yet, sounds amazing though and I'd love to... I'll have to find one next year when I'm not broke and out of sticks haha!
  • joshvoigtjoshvoigt Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 325
    Illusione MK Ultra Tatuaje Fausto Litto Gomez lancero Casa Miranda robusto Quesada Tributo Opus X Padron 45th Maduro Saint Luis Rey Regios ISO Elogio ESV Room 101 Conjura LTD
  • MarkerMarker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,524
    joshvoigt:
    Illusione MK Ultra
    Tatuaje Fausto
    Litto Gomez lancero
    Casa Miranda robusto
    Quesada Tributo
    Opus X
    Padron 45th Maduro
    Saint Luis Rey Regios ISO
    Elogio ESV
    Room 101 Conjura LTD
    im surprised nobody has said the cain Daytona. that came out this year.
  • Bucking WBucking W Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 206
    Not rated inthis order but off the top of my head, Camacho- Diplmoa Maduro Perdomo - Patiarch Partagás - Serie D No.3 Bolivar Gold Medal Cohiba Maduro 5 Genios
  • joshvoigtjoshvoigt Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 325
  • RCY CigarsRCY Cigars Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,346
    In no particular order. Jaime Garcia Reserva Especial Toro, MOW Puro Authentico, Room 101 Conny, Obsedian, Zino Z Class and Tatuaje La Casita Criollo in the corona size.

EDIT: My Father EL Hijo for sure. Smoked two that were giving to me and I'm wanting to get a box....

Can't believe I forgot these earlier, but the MF Lancero, La Casita Criolla, Wolfman, Padron 85th Maddie, and Illusione 888 Maddie.... All of these are just silly good and will leave you with a chubby after you smoke em... Amazing!
  • BigT06BigT06 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,899
    1. Armada corona
    2. Undercrown
    3. Room 101 connie
    4. SL Habano
  • boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,101
    So, I think the only new release I've had this year is the Undercrown, and it was pretty freaking good. So I guess we'll call that my #1 new release for 2011. hahaha, man I gotta change that. . . .

have a few other New Releases hanging out in my humi, Cain Daytona (from Smoke Em) LGC Retro, LGC Obelisco (2010 relase? or 2011?) AB Black Market and an AB American Classic, but I haven't set fire to any of them yet.
  • StrongStyleStrongStyle Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 221
    Me being a newb most the stuff I smoke is new. So This is hard for me to choose. but
    Four Kicks by Crowned heads
    Thunder by Nimish
    Fine and Rare by Alec Bradley (was iffy on this stick initially but I smoked another and was way more into it)
  • fuentejpsfuentejps Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 345
    for overall well roundedness. price point, taste ect. undercrown.
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    kuzi16:
    because it's disgusting. just my .02

is this new releases of 2011 or any of our personal 2011 fav's?
  • chemforeverchemforever Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,200
    RCY Cigars:
    In no particular order. Jaime Garcia Reserva Especial Toro, MOW Puro Authentico, Room 101 Conny, Zino Z Class and Tatuaje La Casita Criollo in the corona size.

EDIT: My Father EL Hijo for sure. Smoked two that were giving to me and I'm wanting to get a box....

I would suggest trying the Jaime Garcia le 2011 they are fantastic.
  • boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,101
    dennisking:
    kuzi16:

Was wondering that as well, because in 2011 I found a few new favorites that aren't new releases this year.
    dennisking:
    kuzi16:
    that right there is funny.
    however, i remember it getting some love even after i gave it a bad review. thats why im surprised.
    dennisking:

I took it as new releases. if it is cigar that i enjoyed this yer then i have a different list.
  • robbyrasrobbyras Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,487
    not positive it came out this year, but I'm going to assume it did and say that Quesada España was the best new stick I had this year...

Others I enjoyed were MOW Puro, San Cristobal Elegancia, Illusione Epernay and all three La Rebola...

not sure if they all came out this year, but I think they did
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    for me this year, here are my top picks. not necessarily new releases but ones outside the realm of my normal favorites.

MOW Puro - what an awesome little stick. with age, these really shine.
    Tatuaje Verocu #5 - thanks to Joe j0z3r for sending me some of these. note my signature for more info
    Partagas 150, holy balls this stick is really good.
    Punch Uppercut. I've only had one but I really enjoyed it.
    Diesel Unholy Cocktail and MOW Ruination - not new at all but so darn good and really sollid sticks
    Don Carlos Edicion de Anniversario - they've been out for some time but I smoked my first one this last spring and it's by far my #1 stick
  • JDHJDH Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,107
    For my taste, these were the best I came across this year:

San Lotano Oval

Ave Maria

Tatuaje TAA 2011 (a cigar made exclusively for the Tobacconists' Association of America. The owner of a local B&M picked then up in Mexico; a 5 3/4" x 48 box pressed curly footed beauty just about the same color as a San Cristobal)

Oliva V #4 (a little corona released for the European market)

MOW PA
  • beatnicbeatnic Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,133
    Haven't tried a lot of the ones mentioned here. For me. San Lotano Habano and Armada corona. I like the Airbender also.