Home General Discussion

Women smoking cigars

SalemSalem Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 717
Hello, new here. First off, I'm a woman. I quit smoking cigarettes years ago. I wanted to buy an empty cigar box the other day to store my old coins in, bought one and SMELLED the wonderful aroma of the box! Then I started imagining how wonderful a cigar would taste. Since then, I can't get my mind off of them and have looked on many cigar sites online and found this forum. Now I'd never dream of horning in on a guy's pastime, and I know NO woman that smokes a cigar, but my gosh, I can see myself sitting outside, looking around at the beautiful country, enjoying a cigar and taking a snort of brandy and relaxing like there's no tomorrow. (I quit drinking years ago too).

So what do you guys think of a woman smoking a cigar? Taboo? I sure do want to try it!!

Comments

• The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
    Salem:
    Hello, new here. First off, I'm a woman. I quit smoking cigarettes years ago. I wanted to buy an empty cigar box the other day to store my old coins in, bought one and SMELLED the wonderful aroma of the box! Then I started imagining how wonderful a cigar would taste. Since then, I can't get my mind off of them and have looked on many cigar sites online and found this forum. Now I'd never dream of horning in on a guy's pastime, and I know NO woman that smokes a cigar, but my gosh, I can see myself sitting outside, looking around at the beautiful country, enjoying a cigar and taking a snort of brandy and relaxing like there's no tomorrow. (I quit drinking years ago too). So what do you guys think of a woman smoking a cigar? Taboo? I sure do want to try it!!
    Let me be one of the first to say welcome and IMO its very sexy and appealing!!! Wait a sec Wes is that you?????
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,539
    Salem:
    Hello, new here. First off, I'm a woman. I quit smoking cigarettes years ago. I wanted to buy an empty cigar box the other day to store my old coins in, bought one and SMELLED the wonderful aroma of the box! Then I started imagining how wonderful a cigar would taste. Since then, I can't get my mind off of them and have looked on many cigar sites online and found this forum. Now I'd never dream of horning in on a guy's pastime, and I know NO woman that smokes a cigar, but my gosh, I can see myself sitting outside, looking around at the beautiful country, enjoying a cigar and taking a snort of brandy and relaxing like there's no tomorrow. (I quit drinking years ago too). So what do you guys think of a woman smoking a cigar? Taboo? I sure do want to try it!!
    I have never understood why cigars are a guys only hobby.
    If a woman wants to smoke a cigar and relax then there is nothing wrong with it. Welcome to the board and hope you become a SOTL(Sister Of The Leaf).
    You can also google "smoking hot cigar chick" she smokes.
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,484
    Right on! Welcome, great to have you. PM me your address and ill put together a few mild sticks you can try, least i can do for a noob ;)
  • slickricslickric Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 705
    awsome!!! welcome. its cool to see a woman into cigars. i need to have you talk to my wife, haha
  • BombayBombay Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,207
    welcome and I for one think it is sexy, as I am sure others on here will too. If you do get into it know now you should probably buy a humidor twice the size you think you'll need. you'll thank me later.
  • JDHJDH Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,107
    smokingcigargirl

This young lady seems to enjoy premium cigars as well as anyone,and she knows what she's talking about too.

http://www.youtube.com/user/smokingcigargirl?feature=chclk

I see no reason for amy woman who wants to enjoy premium cigars not to do it. I know I've gotten a lot of enjoyment out of them.
  • SalemSalem Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 717
    firetruckguy:
    Right on! Welcome, great to have you. PM me your address and ill put together a few mild sticks you can try, least i can do for a noob ;)
    Wow, what a nice thing to do!!! Thank you SO much! PM sent!!
  • R_M_GR_M_G Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 41
    No complaints from me! Just don't look at a cigar the same way you looked at cigarettes! It's a TOTALLY different animal!! ;) Welcome to the forum!
    Thank you all so much! What a great bunch of guys!!
  • boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,101
    Also check out the Quesada family when poking around the internet

I could be wrong but I beleive the two sisters now run a significant amount of their cigar business (Quesada and Cu-Avana lines), including blending. Cigars are not just a guy thing.

and welcome to the forum hope you stick around a while there's a ton of knowledge here and a great group of BOTLs and I think a few SOTLs on here.

Enjoy.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Welcome, glad to have you. I've not witnessed many cigar smoking women, but have seen a handful at various lounges. Good for you dropping the cigarettes and going for some real flavor. Hope you enjoy cigars and that we will see you around.
    R_M_G:
    No complaints from me! Just don't look at a cigar the same way you looked at cigarettes! It's a TOTALLY different animal!! ;) Welcome to the forum!
    Absolutely! Cigars are all about relaxing and savoring the flavor.
    Actually, a cigar is a lot like a woman; once you get 'em lit, they should never be ignored.
  • spokspok Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 35
    Welcome aboard, I'm relatively new here myself and the members here could not be more warm and welcoming and willing to share advice and experience. My girlfriend joins me many times and smokes a cigar with me. She's more of a mild flavor person but does enjoy it. We sit on the yard swing, the deck and of late by the propane heater in the garage. Its a great way to spend some alone time chatting and enjoying each others company.
    Yes, It HAS to be about the flavor! I've never smoked one before but I can just imagine the flavor and the soothing effects that it has. I want an experience....not something like a cigarette smoke. Can't wait to get my first one!! Now I'm seeing that there is a certain WAY you smoke a cigar....don't inhale right? I've been going through this forum trying to learn.....
  • DirewolfDirewolf Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,493
    Yeah do not inhale .. Listen to these guys, they won't steer ya wrong.
  • spokspok Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 35
    Salem:
    Yes, It HAS to be about the flavor! I've never smoked one before but I can just imagine the flavor and the soothing effects that it has. I want an experience....not something like a cigarette smoke. Can't wait to get my first one!! Now I'm seeing that there is a certain WAY you smoke a cigar....don't inhale right? I've been going through this forum trying to learn.....
    yes, don't inhale...but on exhale there is a process, I forgot the name where your supposed to exhale a little thru your nasal cavity to get the essence right into your olfactory glands...I've tried that a few times but as a newbie its still a little harsh for me but I'm working to build up my tolerance.
    Salem:
    Never inhale. Later on, you may learn to pass the smoke through your nostrils, but when first starting out, just take it real slow and enjoy with your favorite beverage and a good friend or two or three.
    Something else to keep in mind is that a premium cigar will require at least 45min. to 2 hours of your time, depending on the cigar. So get comfortable and r e l a x!
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    I don't consider cigars a " man only" hobby. Cigars are made to be enjoyed by everyone, man or woman. Welcome to the forums, you will find these forums are one of a kind. Bunch of great people here.
  • 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    Welcome and glad that you have found this forum and this wonderful hobby! My wife smokes with me and it is a great way to relax together! Enjoy!!
  • JHeweyJHewey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,411
    Welcome to the forum.
  • beatnicbeatnic Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,133
    A girl, showing up with her first post on Ccom forum, never smoked a cigar? She had to register, learn, she's sending pms already?. I'm just saying.
    beatnic:
    A girl, showing up with her first post on Ccom forum, never smoked a cigar? She had to register, learn, she's sending pms already?. I'm just saying.
    Too fast?? :)
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    awesome. im glad you are showing interest. Women tend to have very refined palates especially after having children.
    my wife (not a mother) enjoys only the finest. her favorite brand is Davidoff, specifically the thousand series (one of my favorites too) and the Gran Cru.
    they may be pricey but damn... they are amazing.

feel free to ask anything. we were all newbies at one time or another.
    most of us always will be.
  • The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
    Salem:
    beatnic:
    Too fast?? :)
    Not for us, We Likey
  • howtobasshowtobass Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 589
    Welcome to the forum Salem!
  • jimmyv723jimmyv723 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,497
    Welcome to the forum and as a noob myself I can definitely attest to how great everyone here is. As far as women smoking cigars goes, I think that anytime a guy is into a hobby he will always like when women enjoy it as well. I play guitar and dabble with the bass and I think it's hot when a woman plays guitar or bass too and it's the same with cigars. But, even if there are some guys out there who view cigars as a man only hobby then don't worry about them because if you enjoy it and have fun than that's all that really matters anyway.
  • DiamondogDiamondog Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,169
    Cigars aren't for women, no time for 'em....mines far too busy cooking, cleaning and ironing...