Home General Discussion

Diesel Crucible

2»

Comments

• docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    NightHawk:
    i wonder are these the same perfecto shaped diesels we saw a few weeks back on the forums??
    I don't believe so. The sticks I smoked were torpedos.
  • CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 239
    dennisking:
    I'm a big Unholy Cocktail fan. Don't care for the Unlimited. Hopefully this is an AJ winner because when AJ makes a winner, its a big time winner.
    +1 unlimited just left me wanting more from the blend. The UHC is a winner for sure!
  • CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 239
    Marker:
    Andrew Dzikoski:
    I was able to get my hands on a sample cigar from the test blends in short it maybe the best thing I have smoked all year.
    Translation. It will cost $14 each.
    Yeah right! Not with Andy D. at the helm! They will release them for a discount to build brand loyalty just like they did with the San Lotano and Oval. The trick is buying big when the opertunity presents itself. I expect to see a offer soon Mr. Dzikoski! A just respond to this e-mail deal :)
  • MarkerMarker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,524
    docbp87:
    dennisking:
    not really sure why everyone is so focused on the price of these. the Armada sold so darn fast and it was $20 a stick. they will put these in a sampler that will save money, I'm sure of it.
    Not everyone. Only Marker seems butthurt that not every cigar is a 2 dollar dog rocket.
    Doc. The smile on the end of my post is a hint that there is sarcasm in there. I understand that cigars cost money and better cigars cost more money. If you want to take a look at what I have you can see it in the 'what is in you humi' thread. I don't smoke dog crap and have paid good money for good cigars. Ask around or look at a few threads where I have traded with people. I don't send out dog crap to others. So it would be nice if this cigar was reasonable so not only I can smoke it, but I can share with others.

I will really hope this cigar goes for $6 or so and I like it. Then I can buy a box and enjoy a great cigar at a reasonable price, to me. $15 per cigar is doable if I want to get 2 or 3, but not a box.

You are correct that I am butthurt about the pricing if it does go for $15 a stick. Is that a bad thing to be a little upset that a great cigar is $15 and you know you can't buy a box because of that?
  • blurrblurr Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 962
    Hopefully its delicious and you know even if its a higher priced stick, say 15, well you know CCOM will be pulling thru with several deals & steals for us. Lets not let this thread turn into a pissing/wealth bragging contest.
  • Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,971
    blurr:
    Hopefully its delicious and you know even if its a higher priced stick, say 15, well you know CCOM will be pulling thru with several deals & steals for us. Lets not let this thread turn into a pissing/wealth bragging contest.
    Agreed blurr. I am hoping it can be had for 6-8$ a stick(online pricing, not B&M) so it's comparable to a V or a My Father(price wise), my current two "higher end" go-to smokes.
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    Just so I am clearly understood, I'm not bagging on anyone who wants a value. I always seek out values myself when shopping for anything. There are times though that I am not afraid to spend what it takes to get the best out there. Cigars and Scotch are two things where, if I have the cash, I will go right for the spendy stuff because my opportunity to enjoy those things arise less and less. Because of that, I want maximum enjoyment. I'm the guy that would by $20 sticks, not because I'm a snob or rich but I maybe smoke 3 times a month and want that experience to be epic.
    dennisking:
    Just so I am clearly understood, I'm not bagging on anyone who wants a value. I always seek out values myself when shopping for anything. There are times though that I am not afraid to spend what it takes to get the best out there. Cigars and Scotch are two things where, if I have the cash, I will go right for the spendy stuff because my opportunity to enjoy those things arise less and less. Because of that, I want maximum enjoyment. I'm the guy that would by $20 sticks, not because I'm a snob or rich but I maybe smoke 3 times a month and want that experience to be epic.
    I feel like we are in the same boat Dennis. I get in about 2 smokes a week(in 1 night) if I am lucky...just the other month I went 6 weeks off, just never had time. But I am really excited to get some of these the more I try and research them, anything AJ blends seems to hit the palate well and I don't see this being an exception due to Doc and the reps comments about it.
    Sorry to have been a jerk, and derailed a thread about a cigar that I am really looking forward to the release of. The couple of samples I smoked had really great depth of flavor, and what I remember specifically (without looking at my notes, which I can't access right now, but will be posted at a later date) is a really intense bitter dark chocolate, grilled meat (specifically the slightly carbonized crust that you get on a steak seared at a high heat), and burnt coffee beans. The strength was maybe full minus, never overwhelming (and I don't have a high tolerance for nicotine, so for it to not bother me, it isn't too strong). Performance was awesome too if I remember correctly, rock solid ash, razor sharp burn, etc. All of this should be taken with a grain of salt as the sticks were still a touch wet from rolling, and changed noticeably (just the usual changes as a wet, fresh from the table cigar dries out) over a few weeks.
    docbp87:
    NightHawk:
    i wonder are these the same perfecto shaped diesels we saw a few weeks back on the forums??
    I hear the Crucible is a double perfecto, form a good source...but you smoked a torp Doc? NightHawk, I remember seeing a double perfecto Diesel on here a few months back claiming to be the new one, just struggling to find the thread and get a solid confirmation from the rep.
    I just got a solid confirmation that the Crucible(whether it be the torp or figurado) will be sold for less than $9 a piece!
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    docbp87:
    NightHawk:
    I hear the Crucible is a double perfecto, form a good source...but you smoked a torp Doc? NightHawk, I remember seeing a double perfecto Diesel on here a few months back claiming to be the new one, just struggling to find the thread and get a solid confirmation from the rep.
    Yes. I smoked a few Diesel Crucibles right before the final blend was set, and sent to production, and they were torpedos (more belicosos maybe), I'd say a 5 5/8 x 52 maybe?
    docbp87:
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    docbp87:
    NightHawk:
    Yes. I smoked a few Diesel Crucibles right before the final blend was set, and sent to production, and they were torpedos (more belicosos maybe), I'd say a 5 5/8 x 52 maybe?
    Nice, thanks for the confirmation Doc!
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    Any news on these? I see they are mentioned in the new catalog. Also, the new MoW PA Maduro is mentioned too.
  • big chunksbig chunks Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,607
    BUMP!! any news on these yet
  • boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,101
    There is a write up in the latest catalog . . . Its in the "the best is yet to come" section so at some point in 2012.
  • Andrew DzikoskiAndrew Dzikoski BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, Registered Users, Trusted Users Posts: 338
    We should have 5 packs in next week. They will be $12 a stick with free shipping if you get a full 5 of them. Feel free to email mail me to put in your preorder even though I am taking a 4 day weekend.
  • 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    Andrew Dzikoski:
    We should have 5 packs in next week. They will be $12 a stick with free shipping if you get a full 5 of them. Feel free to email mail me to put in your preorder even though I am taking a 4 day weekend.
    Thanks Andy! Email to you my friend :)
  • TridentTrident Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,005
    Andy, you will quickly drive me to the homeless shelter, but fear not, i will bring my humidors and coolidors!
  • Steve2010Steve2010 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,036
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,707
    I'm reading the samples have arrived. Paging Mr. Blythe....
    Looking forward to seeing the packaging and what not on these. Also, looking forward to seeing how they turned out in their final form. Also, might have just posted a photo of these in the Pics thread...
    docbp87:
    Looking forward to seeing the packaging and what not on these. Also, looking forward to seeing how they turned out in their final form. Also, might have just posted a photo of these in the Pics thread...
    You diving right in on a box? I emailed Tim and asked him to put me down for a fiver. Saw a post on FB that the samples were in and immediately shot him a message as if it were a reflex. I tell ya, I've been on a buying frenzy lately. I think I need to pull myself back in from the ledge before my fiance pushes me off of it!
  • Steve2010Steve2010 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,036
    docbp87:
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    docbp87:
    NightHawk:

So the pic is up, and it looks to be a toro.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    With AJ making Core his high-end member of the La Herencia family and the Crucible the high-end member of the Diesel family I'm going to wait for some reviews to come posting in before I pull the trigger on a handful of $12 smokes, the Core missed the mark for me.
    Had one tonight, ROTT...almost literally. I'm going to reserve judgement until I have another. My experience with the Diesel line is almost exclusively with the UHC. I can tell you the flavor profile of the Crucible is nothing like the UHC. Probably more the Unlimited, but don't quote me on that, I've only had one or two Unlimiteds. It was a good smoke, but I think it was smoked under less than favorable conditions. It was pretty chilly out where I was tonight, and I always find cigars I smoke in colder weather never smoke as well as they do when it's warmer out or I'm smoking inside. Construction wise, it's typical AJ...flawless. Great burn, great smoke. Found it to be a medium body smoke. Paired it with some small batch bourbon. I look forward to having another after they have a little rest.
  • glasskenglassken Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1
    Jamie--dog crap?? When did you become an expert? You and Shawn??
    glassken:
    Jamie--dog crap?? When did you become an expert? You and Shawn??
    Ken!!!