Home General Discussion

Aging Cigars

bandyt09bandyt09 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,762
I have found a great way to age cigars. I went to the dentist the other day and beginning December 15th I am going to have a couple of oral surgeries. One to do a bone graph, another to set an implant and then the final stage in putting in an implant. During the healing time I am not allowed to smoke as it can cause complications and delays in the healing process as this is for a front tooth.

So, how does this help with the cigar aging process?

As everyone knows, I have more of a buying "problem" rather than a smoking "problem"; the process I spoke of above is approximately a 1 year process. That's right I have to be smoke free ( for the most part ) for a year.

Until then, I will be a friggin' chimney........................

Comments

• rburke1129rburke1129 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 383
    That sucks man, but hopefully it all goes well!
  • MarkerMarker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,524
    bandyt09:
    I have found a great way to age cigars. I went to the dentist the other day and beginning December 15th I am going to have a couple of oral surgeries. One to do a bone graph, another to set an implant and then the final stage in putting in an implant. During the healing time I am not allowed to smoke as it can cause complications and delays in the healing process as this is for a front tooth.

As everyone knows, I have more of a buying "problem" rather than a smoking "problem"; the process I spoke of above is approximately a 1 year process. That's right I have to be smoke free ( for the most part ) for a year.

Wow... Sorry to hear it Todd. Let me know if you need storage space. I have plenty and the rent is cheap.

I hope everything goes well and you heal up properly. Take care Todd.
  • gaberoxgaberox Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 824
    Winter is the only time I can get some good months on my stash usually. Im not one who has the means to amass a huge collection so Im lucky to get 3 months rest on a cigar. Dont smoke much at all in winter so im looking to make a few purchases to rest at least till spring/summer. Wow a year with no cigars sounds brutal, I will at least usually suffer and freeze my butt off at least once a week in winter to get a smoke in. Good luck man.
  • StrongStyleStrongStyle Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 221
    any temptation to smoke, just send them to me. ill take care of it from there
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    What !! How are you going to do this ? I have never heard of such lunacy.
  • KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 908
    bandyt09:

I don't want to rain on your parade, but you may want to reconsider being a "chimney" up until your first surgery. if it were me, I'd start the quitting process right now (sucks I know)
    What you are going in for is not insignificant, and a smoke free month will make you orally that much healthier, and the likelihood of good results increases exponentially when compared to smoking heavily up until the day you go under the knife.....
    (just my 2 cents of unsolicited advice)
  • jr_p951jr_p951 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,121
    Your married! You don't need those teeth anyway...right?

Thats like saying a married chick can get fat...hell no! She better take her ass to the gym!! Hope the surgies go well!
  • RCY CigarsRCY Cigars Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,346
    StrongStyle:

Wow, first things first. Take care of yourself. Secondly, I don't know how in the heck your going to do that. But we are here to help support you. I don't know how, but we are BOTL's. We will figure it out. Thirdly I don't know, I'm still shocked from the subject. Can you have a drink at least?????

• StrongStyleStrongStyle Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 221
    do they have cigar flavored e cigarettes? might be gross, but its not smoke.
  • lcpleellcpleel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,447
    RCY Cigars:
    StrongStyle:

Wow, first things first. Take care of yourself. Secondly, I don't know how in the heck your going to do that. But we are here to help support you. I don't know how, but we are BOTL's. We will figure it out. Thirdly I don't know, I'm still shocked from the subject. Can you have a drink at least?????

Im working on a photo thread called "Smoke one for Todd". All jokes aside Todd take care of your health and make that first smoke back a special one. I'm guessing a MyFather?
    lcpleel:
    RCY Cigars:
    StrongStyle:

Im working on a photo thread called "Smoke one for Todd". All jokes aside Todd take care of your health and make that first smoke back a special one. I'm guessing a MyFather?

I'm in whenever it starts for sure.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    RCY Cigars:
    lcpleel:
    RCY Cigars:
    StrongStyle:

It'll start tonight in his honor. LoL
    RCY Cigars:
    lcpleel:
    RCY Cigars:
    StrongStyle:

It'll start tonight in his honor. LoL
  • GoldyGoldy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,636
    Got your last one picked out?
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,762
    RCY Cigars:
    StrongStyle:

Yes Rick, thankfully I'll still be able to drink. I hope that the timeframe is shorter than expected and I think if I can stay away from the cigars I can get the time frame down to 8 months. Luckily for me I don't smoke too much during the winter time so I am only really out maybe 6 months.
    bandyt09:
    RCY Cigars:
    StrongStyle:

Yes Rick, thankfully I'll still be able to drink. I hope that the timeframe is shorter than expected and I think if I can stay away from the cigars I can get the time frame down to 8 months. Luckily for me I don't smoke too much during the winter time so I am only really out maybe 6 months.

Dang brother, now I see. Well lcpleel came up with a good idea and I'm rolling with that. Also, Goldy had a heck of a question. Waiting to hear the feed back from that.....

• firetruckguyfiretruckguy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,484
    Take care of yourself buddy.
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,762
    RCY Cigars:
    bandyt09:
    RCY Cigars:
    StrongStyle:

Dang brother, now I see. Well lcpleel came up with a good idea and I'm rolling with that. Also, Goldy had a heck of a question. Waiting to hear the feed back from that.....

Probably going to be the Casa Fuente Lancero. Hadn't really thought of it until Goldy brought it up.
    bandyt09:
    RCY Cigars:
    bandyt09:
    RCY Cigars:
    StrongStyle:

Probably going to be the Casa Fuente Lancero. Hadn't really thought of it until Goldy brought it up.

Ahhhh, to get my hands on a few more of those. Nice, enjoy brother. I think I will light one of the few I have.

• 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    Really sorry to hear that Todd, I hope that all goes well, and remember that we are all behind you! Anything I can do to help brother, you know I'm there ;)
  • szeligaszeliga Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 32
    90+ Irishman:
    Really sorry to hear that Todd, I hope that all goes well, and remember that we are all behind you! Anything I can do to help brother, you know I'm there ;)
    did you at least get a second opinion?
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    Just tell everyone the truth...

He's going in to get his jaw "Unhinged" and it is covered under his medical plan as "Work Related"......

Play on Playa!
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    Todd I'm sorry to hear that man but atleast you're finding the silver lining on it. All your stuff is gonna get some great age on it. Man that's gonna be one plume filled 20 ct!
  • Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    Damn Todd, I haven't had one in a month, 4 weeks tomorrow to be precise, and it's annoying. I imagine you'll get used to it after a while though. The buying has dropped away completely for me. I've got no desire to buy what I can't enjoy. Maybe you'll save some money, or maybe your buying will get worse. I could see it going either way.
  • BigT06BigT06 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,899
    bandyt09:

Damn brother, truly sorry to hear this. Remember, if you need ANYTHING, you let us know!
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    Best wishes on a SPEEDY recovery brother !!! You'll be stylin' and profilin' When you do get back to smoking though .
  • 415415 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 951
    bandyt09:
    RCY Cigars:
    bandyt09:
    RCY Cigars:
    StrongStyle:

great choice. love the casa lance.
    good luck with this. i remember when i had to quit for a month for health reasosn. durring the first two weeks, if i hadent been so sick i probably would have hurt sombody
  • xIcedGuardianxxIcedGuardianx Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 873
    Best of luck bro! Also consider buying something special right before surgery that can be your first cigar when recovered. That way you have a whole year rest and it can bookend this chapter.
  • Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,971
    Good luck on the recovery Todd, sorry to hear about the situation...nothing you can do but make the best of it, which you are doing! Stay strong and let us know if you need anything!