Home General Discussion

scotch drinkers

2»

Comments

• 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    Recently tried some McCallen 12 year and it was by far the sweetest scotch that I've had with quite a few fruit notes to it that were very enjoyable. But my go to every time is my Cragganmore... never go wrong with that bad boy!
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    allsmokedup:
    I tried a glass of Laphroaig 10 last night, pretty good! Not as intense as the Lagavulin though, that's my baseline for all Islay scotches.
    Lagavulin is a great Islay for comparison. I would say I enjoy the Laphroiag Quarter Cask as much but it's not as delicate. I enjoy the Ardbeg Correy and Uiegeadail far more but they are like the difference between a Man O War and a Ruination.
  • szeligaszeliga Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 32
    90+ Irishman:
    Recently tried some McCallen 12 year and it was by far the sweetest scotch that I've had with quite a few fruit notes to it that were very enjoyable. But my go to every time is my Cragganmore... never go wrong with that bad boy!
    love the cragganmore, that was my introduction to scotch
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    Loved the taste of the Dalmore Cigar malt I had recently. Need to find it when it is available around here.
    docbp87:
    Loved the taste of the Dalmore Cigar malt I had recently. Need to find it when it is available around here.
    I was curious to get someone's take on this. The review was "so so" that I read. Did you enjoy it with a cigar and if so, which one?
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    Had a Liga Privada L40 with it, and it was awesome. I'm not sure it would always be the Scotch I would go for in any and every situation, and it certainly wouldn't pair with every cigar (and I'm also not sure I would bother with the $125 price tag considering what else I can get in that range), but it is totally worth a try.
    WOW $125 is a little much for Dalmore IMO. I will try it at my local Scotch bar but I won't be buying a bottle. If I'm spending $100+ on single malt, it better be an Islay and more than likely something from Ardbeg. Except maybe Balvenie Port Wood 21yr.
  • 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    szeliga:
    90+ Irishman:
    love the cragganmore, that was my introduction to scotch
    Mine as well and at around $45-50 a bottle when I can find it on sale, it is money well spent every time for me :)
  • allsmokedupallsmokedup Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 738
    If you like fruity notes, I would suggest Balvenie 12 yr Double Wood. I've detected apples, pears, some vanilla spice, and everything mixed in with an almost honeyish sweetness. All a product of aging in two different barrels.