Home General Discussion

The Philosophy of a Bomb

2»

Comments

• JHeweyJHewey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,411
    I have done one bomb so far it was to a brother who hooked me up with a nice newbie sampler. So i decided to return the favor with some stick he wanted. Though i have learned when you do that, they enjoy returning the favor. Bombs are how wars (friendly wars that is) are started. Plan on doing more once i get my stick collection up some more.
  • MTuccelliMTuccelli Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,587
    There is more sharing and caring with this family here then I have seen in others that are much smaller....like your typical family of four. I think the reason for that is the way we each were raised and I wouldn't be surprised one bit if any of our children took up the hobby that they would be any different then us.

• kevin1323kevin1323 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 294
    This isn't related to the piloshophy of a bomb, but something I think about when I read about tons of bombs going out at the same time....my accounting side pops up and I can't stop thinking about the rising price per stick (from postage) as all of these packages cross paths! I have a problem.
  • RBeckomRBeckom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,099
    Sometimes we simply want to make someone smile at the knowledge that someone would actually commit such A crime. But mostly just because we can. Who really knows? My advise is to just suck it up and except the punishment. :)
  • Lakota72Lakota72 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,267
    Personally, I really liked Snipers and RCY's answers. I bomb because sometimes people antagonize though PM's sometimes I bomb just because I can. Sometimes I put a bit of a personal twist to it. RCY did beer mugs from when we were in Germany. I did Das Boot and a couple of the guys on here actually got a beer stein. Just something from while I was there so they could somewhat share in my experience. I have bombed people after the support they showed me and Rick in Germany.

bombing is sometimes as simple as getting a crazy hair up your a$$. Sometimes it's a very planned coordinated attack. Take Rick's cabinet that most of the forum got in on or the kuzi bomb.
  • beatnicbeatnic Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,133
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,707
    greg2648:
    I would love to hear from my fellow BOTLs why they bomb unannounced.
    Because we can.
  • danielruasdanielruas Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 778
    I have yet to bomb due to funds and limited supply and the fact that I smoke way more than I buy. But I do have a short list of botls that have hooked me up, given advice and just been good dudes, that when the time comes they will be in trouble.
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,539
    I bomb because it is fun to read the other BOTLs reaction to the bomb. It is fun to share this hobby with a great bunch of guys.
  • laker1963laker1963 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,046
    y2pascoe:
    greg2648:
    I would love to hear from my fellow BOTLs why they bomb unannounced.
    Because we can.
    I don't usually announce bombs. I did recently make mention of a couple of packages being sent out and I just didn't enjoy the experience as much as when I have just dropped one on someone totally unexpectedly.

I never put a note into the package either. I want the recipient to at least have to find the postal stamp, or the return address to find out who their bomber is.

I usually bomb someone who I think makes contributions to the forum through their postings or because of something they have done for a fellow BOTL here. I actually have several BOTL in my sights right now but they will have to wait until I return from holidays.

There have been several times when I have bombed someone and they never mentioned it in the good traders forum, and that's OK, because when I send something out it is because I want to, not because I am looking for acknowledgement.

More recently my bombings have been less frequently then they were before. This is because there are NO B&M's within 3 hours of my house and even that involves taking a ferry to get there, and C.Com made it much harder for Canadians to get orders when they stopped shipping here. I used to bomb a lot more then I do these days, but when I do send one out now it is because I feel the recipient really deserves it for one thing or another.
  • james40james40 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,450
    I bomb for two reasons:

1. To brighten someones day. What's better than receiving an unexpected gift?
    2. Sending a gift unconditionally! For me, the best bombs are unannounced. I don't leave notes either, figure it out.
  • scarlinscarlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,592
    I think I am going to drop a bomb so my name is known..hehehe
  • laker1963laker1963 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,046
    scarlin:
    This is the internet. If you "drop" a bomb the only ones that will know are the people in the room with you.

Now if you send a bomb... you will get the cred you seek. LMAO.
  • scarlinscarlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,592
    laker1963:
    scarlin:
    This is the internet. If you "drop" a bomb the only ones that will know are the people in the room with you.

Dropping it is so much more dramatic though!
  • Lakota72Lakota72 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,267
    scarlin:
    laker1963:
    scarlin:

Dropping it is so much more dramatic though!
    Sounds more like dropping a duece.
  • MarmicoMarmico Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 93
    I have yet to bomb anybody on here, though there are a few BOTL's in my sights, one in particular who has been extremely helpful to me since I've joined this forum. My only problem is that I don't have many cigars, and there are other things that need to be paid for first, as ridiculous as that idea seems. ;) I'm planning on some people having to re-landscape their entire yards here pretty soon though!