Home General Discussion

The Philosophy of a Bomb

greg2648greg2648 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,422
For some of you that have gotten to know me, you realize that 80% of the time, I am joking around. This is a post that I would like to be more serious. I think that I must be missing something. I would love to hear from my fellow BOTLs why they bomb unannounced. I am not talking about a trade. I mean a totally unexpected bomb. I think that I might be lost on this one. Thanking you in advance.

Comments

• lcpleellcpleel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,447
    Just because we hate you.
  • greg2648greg2648 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,422
    Wow. Nice answer my Brother.
  • StrongStyleStrongStyle Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 221
    then i wish i was hated! Guess i gotta post more haha.
  • kevin1323kevin1323 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 294
    I did it in response to a BOTL that was going through a tough situation and when someone mentioned that they would love to try a stick I had extras. I thought it would be best to send unannounced b/c I didn't want the other party to feel like they needed to send me anything in return.
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,762
    I can only explain with "Think about when and why you give a gift and giving it to someone that is not expecting anything". Most of the time when I send a bomb it is because I want someone to open their mailbox and say WTF. The other times it is usually because I have something that someone wants to try and I love to expand the hobby.
    kevin1323:
    I did it in response to a BOTL that was going through a tough situation and when someone mentioned that they would love to try a stick I had extras. I thought it would be best to send unannounced b/c I didn't want the other party to feel like they needed to send me anything in return.
    Great answer, Kevin
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    Why? Well why not?
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,023
    Because you can and you realize the joy it will bring when the smoke clears.
    Those are great answers, maybe I wasn't so lost after all.
  • The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
    lcpleel:
    Just because we hate you.
    LMAO couldnt of said it any better.l
    Actually i do it for purely selfish reasons. When I have more cigars than my humi's and coolidor can handle. I gather all my dog rockets and unsmokeables and send em to unsuspecting borks.. Its a win win
  • RCY CigarsRCY Cigars Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,346
    I talk to a lot of the guys through PM's. Usually, it comes from the conversations of wanting to try something new or a cigar in gerenal that they haven't tried. Another reason is for what Kevin said. I bomb individuals I've conversated with and found later that they have hit a rough patch. Heck, sometimes I won't even acknowledge that I sent something. Just so they will know it's genuine. I always leave a note. By now a lot of them know it was from me. Just cause of the note. But it's no need to acknowledge me for helping out. Just remember me later or the next guy that falls in that catagory. And if your able to do the same, then do it. Lastly, is when some noob wants to take a shot. I usually think it's cute and laugh it off. Then I say hell no and send their butt some Swishers and Black and Milds with a one stick wonder that let's them know. Don't F with me....

RCY Cigars:
    I talk to a lot of the guys through PM's. Usually, it comes from the conversations of wanting to try something new or a cigar in gerenal that they haven't tried. Another reason is for what Kevin said. I bomb individuals I've conversated with and found later that they have hit a rough patch. Heck, sometimes I won't even acknowledge that I sent something. Just so they will know it's genuine. I always leave a note. By now a lot of them know it was from me. Just cause of the note. But it's no need to acknowledge me for helping out. Just remember me later or the next guy that falls in that catagory. And if your able to do the same, then do it. Lastly, is when some noob wants to take a shot. I usually think it's cute and laugh it off. Then I say hell no and send their butt some Swishers and Black and Milds with a one stick wonder that let's them know. Don't F with me....

Good answer, Rick.
    RCY Cigars:

I have to agree fully with the One stick wonders, Swishers and Black and Milds. Heres a pick of what RCY sent me, uh, if I remeber correctly it was because he was slowing down or somethin to that effect. And no I havent forgotten you
    rcy
    rcy
  • ImgemboImgembo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 657
    I like these philosophy's.......sharing is caring/ insert other appropriate hippie turn a phrase cant wait to get some of my friends into this world. I have a need to drag other people down with me.
  • The SniperThe Sniper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,910
    Wow, great question. Why do I bomb? Lots of reasons actually. A few examples...

... originally, I bombed to introduce myself to the forums.

... I have bombed people as an act of kindness to BOTL who are going thru hard times.

... I have bombed BOTL who have bombed BOTL who are going thru hard times in order to recognize that bombers kindness.

... I have bombed BOTL to reward good grades in college.

... I have bombed BOTL to welcome them to the forums.

... I have bombed BOTL in order to recognize their achievements.

... I have bombed BOTL in order to recognize their loss.

... I have bombed BOTL for bombing me.

... I have bombed BOTL for being silly enough to bomb me on behalf of another and thinking they could get away with it.

... I have bombed an entire state of BOTL mainly for the fact that nobody had ever done it before.

No wonder everybody here hates me so much - never realized it before I wrote all that out, but Im kind of an @sshole! :-D

• BigT06BigT06 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,899
    I do it cause it's fun. And I get a great deal of enjoyment in knowing that some BOTL out there is gonna open up a box from me and go damn! I've been wanting one of those!

it's fun to give good people good things!

it's also a lot of fun to trade with folks and throw in a little extra... which brings me to my next point... Greg, your ass is mine.
  • RCY CigarsRCY Cigars Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,346
    The Kid:
    RCY Cigars:

I have to agree fully with the One stick wonders, Swishers and Black and Milds. Heres a pick of what RCY sent me, uh, if I remeber correctly it was because he was slowing down or somethin to that effect. And no I havent forgotten you
    rcy
    rcy

You desevred what you got and as stated. We PM through conversations before I spank that ---, lol....

The Sniper:
    Wow, great question. Why do I bomb? Lots of reasons actually. A few examples...

... originally, I bombed to introduce myself to the forums.

... I have bombed people as an act of kindness to BOTL who are going thru hard times.

... I have bombed BOTL who have bombed BOTL who are going thru hard times in order to recognize that bombers kindness.

... I have bombed BOTL to reward good grades in college.

... I have bombed BOTL to welcome them to the forums.

... I have bombed BOTL in order to recognize their achievements.

... I have bombed BOTL in order to recognize their loss.

... I have bombed BOTL for bombing me.

... I have bombed BOTL for being silly enough to bomb me on behalf of another and thinking they could get away with it.

... I have bombed an entire state of BOTL mainly for the fact that nobody had ever done it before.

No wonder everybody here hates me so much - never realized it before I wrote all that out, but Im kind of an @sshole! :-D

Pleese substitue the word Bombed with the word Keeelled, That is all
    It seems that over the last couple of months, I have created another life here on the forums. I am an only son, I have never been called a brother before. "Hate" is not a term that I would use when describing my new Brothers. I am happy to be here.
    greg2648:
    It seems that over the last couple of months, I have created another life here on the forums. I am an only son, I have never been called a brother before. "Hate" is not a term that I would use when describing my new Brothers. I am happy to be here.
    We are happy to have you, brother!
  • 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    Being on the receiving end of one of Greg's bombs.... dude, you do JUUUUUUST fine... TRUST ME! On a side note.... PM to you Kid.
  • howtobasshowtobass Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 589
    Nice reflection question! I'm on track with everyone's answers. It's easy to see why this forum is so great!
  • CvilleECvilleE Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,177
    I haven't been able to bomb anyone yet cause I'm still tryin to build a better backlog of smokes, but I have my eyes on a few that will have it comin soon. For my reasoning at this point would be to bump elbows, and get to know more BOTL.....6 months from now I'm sure I'll have a different answer....
    CvilleE:
    I haven't been able to bomb anyone yet cause I'm still tryin to build a better backlog of smokes, but I have my eyes on a few that will have it comin soon. For my reasoning at this point would be to bump elbows, and get to know more BOTL.....6 months from now I'm sure I'll have a different answer....
    6 months... LMAO. I give it 3 weeks.
    CvilleE:
    Let me know when you are ready to trade. We will do a 5-8 stick, Blind.
  • StrongStyleStrongStyle Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 221
    CvilleE:
    Im in the same spot, only have a handful of sticks right now and plan on smoking em! gotta build up my WMDs before i unleash fury.
  • CvilleECvilleE Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,177
    greg2648:
    CvilleE:
    PM sent....
    CvilleE:
    greg2648:
    CvilleE:
    PM sent....
    you just took that hook, line, and sinker... LMAO. it was nice knowin ya.
  • HeavyHeavy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,590
    Because it's better to give than to receive. Sounds cheesy but it's true IMO.