Home General Discussion

New guy here with a Q

ImgemboImgembo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 657
Hello all! Im what you call a newbie to the Cigar world. I was first introduced to this wonderful world by my girls father.  He has introduced me to a few cigar's ( 5 vegas gold, acid, punch and im sure a few others) all and all i have only smoked about 35 in total.  Sadly me and my girl have moved out of state and I was cut off from my supply/ smoking buddy.  This has prompted me to purchase my own small humidor, travel humidor and a few new cigars.  So I have started the quest of trying to find my self my perfect cigar. 

That travel humidor i ordered came with 5 Montecristo Media Noche.  Out of the small amount of cigars i have tried nothing has given me as much pleasure as this particular one.  I love the taste the draw the smoke and the how i feel while i am enjoing it ( my girl even enjoys it).  The problem is they are so damn expensive.  I am a student on a budget and sadly this is a steep price tag for me.  So i come here asking cigar smoking veterans what cigar out there is similar but with a price tag a student like myself can afford.  Any leads would be wonderful. 

Thanks
also looking for suggestion on what to fill my new little 50 count humidor up with aside from knock of montecristos!!!

Comments

• BigT06BigT06 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,899
    Welcome to the forum!

as far as the Media Noche goes... what is it that you like? The flavor, the strength, the aftertaste? There are a LOT of good maduro wrapped cigars out there that can be had for MUCH less than the monties... I would suggest Obsidian, 5 Vegas A series, Diesel UHC, Cusano 18yr maddy... the list is long, but those in particular I know you can get for a good deal on the sprintsale.
  • ImgemboImgembo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 657
    I enjoy the flavor and the strength i get the overwhelming calmness about me when i smoke it i can fell it in my head and in my gut.  Its freaking amazing.  I will say it is the darkest wrapped cigar I have ever had ( not sure if that matters).
    Imgembo:
    I enjoy the flavor and the strength i get the overwhelming calmness about me when i smoke it i can fell it in my head and in my gut.  Its freaking amazing.  I will say it is the darkest wrapped cigar I have ever had ( not sure if that matters).
    Well, I will stick with my original suggestions, I think you'll enjoy them. BTW... if you like the nicotine kick... the Diesel Unholy Cocktail will blow your mind ;)
    BigT06:
    Imgembo:
    Well, I will stick with my original suggestions, I think you'll enjoy them. BTW... if you like the nicotine kick... the Diesel Unholy Cocktail will blow your mind ;)
    Haha I guess i do like the "nicotine kick" i am not just new to cigar's im new to tobacco in general....What have i done....
  • rah0785rah0785 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9
    .....Look to ALEC BRADLEY'S MAXX Traditional line. I love the 5x56 FIX. A 5 cigar MAXX PAXX Sampler can be gotten at Cigar Bid on days Samplers closes most often at $13. Last night I won one for $10. Give you 5 MAXX lines, included the Connecticut, which is awesome. I think you will like them if you like MONTE MEDIA. You might also want to try LA PERLA HABANA CLASSIC MADURO. They have a 5x50 sampler sold here, I think 20 for $29.99, or you can go to cigar bid and buy a 20 lot of the 6x53 size for a $42.50 QUICKBUY. Excellent maduro cigar. Very similar to LA GLORIA CUBANA SERIE 'N' Maduro. Another budget maduro legitimately rated '91', and for good reason, it is a fine smoke, is CUBA ALIADOS MADURO. If you buy them in the box they run about 20 for about $75. I think here, or at C.I. they offer 30 for $65 in a bundle. Cigar Bid is even cheaper.
  • lcpleellcpleel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,447
    lets not advertise other sites please? We also have a phone order option @ CCOM with GREAT service.
  • jj20030jj20030 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,448
    Imgembo:
    Hello all! Im what you call a newbie to the Cigar world. I was first introduced to this wonderful world by my girls father.  He has introduced me to a few cigar's ( 5 vegas gold, acid, punch and im sure a few others) all and all i have only smoked about 35 in total.  Sadly me and my girl have moved out of state and I was cut off from my supply/ smoking buddy.  This has prompted me to purchase my own small humidor, travel humidor and a few new cigars.  So I have started the quest of trying to find my self my perfect cigar. 

That travel humidor i ordered came with 5 Montecristo Media Noche.  Out of the small amount of cigars i have tried nothing has given me as much pleasure as this particular one.  I love the taste the draw the smoke and the how i feel while i am enjoing it ( my girl even enjoys it).  The problem is they are so damn expensive.  I am a student on a budget and sadly this is a steep price tag for me.  So i come here asking cigar smoking veterans what cigar out there is similar but with a price tag a student like myself can afford.  Any leads would be wonderful. 

Thanks
    also looking for suggestion on what to fill my new little 50 count humidor up with aside from knock of montecristos!!!
    email tim at ccom and just explain what you like in cigars and ask for a deal on a sampler of sorts etc and he will hook you up tim aka " the beard " tblythe@cigar.com
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
    I agree with BigT.... The Diesel is a great $3 stick. And the Diesel Unlimited can be had for close to $3 if you look for the bargains. And its slightly better than the regular Diesel, IMHO.

Other great affordable maduros are the 5 Vegas AAA, A. Fuente Rothschild Maduro, Punch Maduro Rothschild and Est. 1844.
  • Lakota72Lakota72 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,267
    It sounds like the nicotine kick is something that you enjoy. Full bodied flavor is seems to be a pluss as well. I would suggest the est. 1844, Gurkha Titan, or even a camacho triple maduro. The last one is a little pricy but is super amazing.
  • jj20030jj20030 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,448
    " punisher " lol
  • smoke em if you got emsmoke em if you got em Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,119
    Imgembo:

Thanks
    Welcome to the forums and looks like the great fellas on here already have you headed in the right direction.
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,484
    Imgembo:

Thanks
    Im a maduro whore myself, nothing better then the dark side ;) PM me your address........ I have a few you might want to try.
    Thanks for all the suggestions I had no idea I would get so many replies! I have quite a long list now. P.s who ever mentioned the Sprintsale website thanks a bunch but damn you! I was up like all night lol
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,647
    Welcome, we hope you stick around.
    Hey Roland where at in arkansa are you I just moved down here about a month ago.
  • jr_p951jr_p951 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,121
    If you wanna treat yourself one day, the Camacho Triple Maduro is a great smoke! The Liga Privada #9 is awesome too! Had one of those yesterday, wish i picked up more. For more in the budget, try Carlos Torano. They make good maddy's as well. LFD maduros are some of my top picks. The Double Ligero is good!

My game plan is like grocery shopping for a large family. Bargin shop in bulk. If a killer deal pops up...buy extra so you can stash them away. BUT...with that said...you're gonna need a bigger humidor quick!
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    welcome to the forums
    western part of the state, little town called Mena, bout 4 miles from Oklahoma. how u liking it so far?
    It's not to bad I'm in little rock it is similar to the town I came from ( Topeka ,ks ). Lot more to see around here, and I enjoy that. I Have read some reviews on th liga no9. One day I will have one maybe that will be my birthday present to my self this year.
    firetruckguy:
    Imgembo:

Thanks
    Im a maduro whore myself, nothing better then the dark side ;) PM me your address........ I have a few you might want to try.
    LMAO!! poor new guy...
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    Welcome to the forum!
    BigT06:
    firetruckguy:
    Imgembo:

Thanks
    LMAO!! poor new guy...
    Why what's going to happen? Should I be afraid? What have I done!
    Give your address in a PM, to FireTruckGuy and he will send you a suprise. click on his name and where it says "send a private message" click on that. we call them "bombs" but they are actually smokes. Look at the Trades, passes and bombs section to get a feel for them.
  • StrongStyleStrongStyle Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 221
    Im in a similar spot. Started getting more into smoking, girlfriend got my a humi, and it's pretty empty looking with the 3 sticks I have in it. But dont wanna break the band filling it up, especially since my job cut my hours. my two favorites are the Oliva V and Thunder by Nimish. would love to hear what you guys can suggest.
  • Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    1844 is a good recommendation, as are most I've seen above. I would add Perdomo Reserve Oscuro and the 5 Vegas A apotheosis as being something close to what you're looking for, also maybe the Perdomo Mistake Maduro, and perhaps Sancho Panza. Good luck, have fun, and welcome!
  • HeavyHeavy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,590
    First - welcome! Second, I don't think anyone has mentioned the La Herencia Cubana Oscuro Fuerte (LHCOF). These are great maduros in my opinion (PA Broadleaf wrapper) that can be had for a great price. Although I must admit I haven't had a Monte media noche so I can't specifically compare the two, but for a budget maduro in the medium to medium-full body range, it's a great stick for the price.
    I have quite a Christmas list going right now keep em' coming! I have a new question now! I only have experience with punching my cigars however i have a pair of cigar scissors but i do not really know the proper way to cut ( how far in ect) so any tips in this area would be welcome.
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,484
    BigT06:
    firetruckguy:
    Imgembo:

Thanks
    LMAO!! poor new guy...
    I have so much fun sending unsuspecting BORK's a small welcome package. Its not a sharp pain as much as a slight pressure ;)
    firetruckguy:
    BigT06:
    firetruckguy:
    Imgembo:

Thanks
    LMAO!! poor new guy...
    I have so much fun sending unsuspecting BORK's a small welcome package. Its not a sharp pain as much as a slight pressure ;)
    You're a sick man. lol

generous, indeed! But sick none the less.
    Might be a dumb question but what the hell is a BORK?.... If you do not mind me asking.