Home General Discussion

favorite cigar?

Gurkha Man!Gurkha Man! Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 232
so i know for a fact that this has been done before but as i am new im curious to know what everyone favorite cigar is maybe it will give me a list of things to try thanks guys!

Comments

• LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    It's often said that "My last/next cigar is my favorite"

That being said, I actually think that my last cigar is a TOP 5 for me... I had the LFD Air Bender, it only had a month on it from the B&M but it was DAMN tasty and awesome!
  • BigT06BigT06 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,899
    San Cristobal... fav vitolas are lancero and classico(robusto) in this cigar. The reason I say San Cristobal is because it is the only cigar that has remained in my "current top 5" and my "all time top 5" since the day I tried it.
  • J.S.J.S. Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 751
    I have several that I really like but right now, for the price, Tatuaje Miami -Tainos is a must have at least a couple of times a week. It is not the most expensive cigar in the humi but it is a go to stick.
  • gaberoxgaberox Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 824
    MF 1922 churchill so far is my favorite.
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,725
    Right now its a tie between the Cabaiguan Maduro and Illusione Epernay.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    I tend to like cigars I can smoke everyday.
    So brands like PDR and Gran Habano are high on my list.

But that said, the sleepers of the year for me personally are the Capoeira Robusto and the 90 Miles Robusto.

• ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    MOW Ruination is my fav

My most common go to is the CCOM Sungrown Label. I think I've been through like 3 or 4 boxes since they came out last year.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    My Favorite non cuban is God of Fire DC and my favorite cuban is a Cuaba. That being said, I haven't had a Cuaba since 2008 and I only smoke a GoF DC like once to twice a year.
  • wwhwangwwhwang Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,863
    My favorites are Opus X, Gurkha Centurian, and MoW Ruination. But not far behind are Avo Heritage, Avo Domaine, and Winston Churchill.

As far as ISOMs? Only one I've smoked so far is the Partagas Serie D 4.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    Gurkha Man!:
    so i know for a fact that this has been done before
    then use the search feature?

TOP 10 Blends from January
    TOP 3 Brands (from 09 through end of 2010)
    TOP 3 in your rotation (from March)
    Best Cigar ever (January)

im not trying to hate here, but its one of the more frustrating things on every forum i have ever been on: a million threads about the same thing because nobody wants to use the search button. shouldnt this be common knowledge by now?
  • Gurkha Man!Gurkha Man! Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 232
    kuzi16:
    Gurkha Man!:
    so i know for a fact that this has been done before
    then use the search feature?

TOP 10 Blends from January
    TOP 3 Brands (from 09 through end of 2010)
    TOP 3 in your rotation (from March)
    Best Cigar ever (January)

im not trying to hate here, but its one of the more frustrating things on every forum i have ever been on: a million threads about the same thing because nobody wants to use the search button. shouldnt this be common knowledge by now?
    i used it and read it but you have new people and peoples favorites have changed and the one i looked at had people on there who i havent seen post but thanks for your input guys!
  • YESYES Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3
    what a knob. there's gotta be 'that guy' on every forum in the universe. it's easy to see how you got to 10,000 posts on a cigar board (pathetic, honestly)...by scolding everyone for not following internet rules.
    YES:
    what a knob. there's gotta be 'that guy' on every forum in the universe. it's easy to see how you got to 10,000 posts on a cigar board (pathetic, honestly)...by scolding everyone for not following internet rules.
    seriously?
    its clear that you have yet to read any of my other posts.
    i said it right in that post that im not trying to hate. maybe it came off as me being a *** but i assure you that was not my intention.
    of all the drama on this forum, this is really is a rare occasion that i was somehow involved. im not scolding the guy. im giving him some ribbing.
    YES, grow some thicker skin and get informed about my post count and how i got there before you try to call me out.
    if you want to see what most of my other posts are like feel free to read through the links in my signature line. maybe you will then see how i got near 10k posts on a cigar forum.
    kuzi16:
    YES:
    seriously?
    i said it right in that post that im not trying to hate. maybe it came off as me being a *** but i assure you that was not my intention.
    of all the drama on this forum, this is really is a rare occasion that i was somehow involved. im not scolding the guy. im giving him some ribbing.
    YES, grow some thicker skin and get informed about my post count and how i got there before you try to call me out.
    if you want to see what most of my other posts are like feel free to read through the links in my signature line. maybe you will then see how i got near 10k posts on a cigar forum.
    Kuzi man... he has one post. Seriously.... Ignore him lol.
    The other people here know you and the huge wealth of knowledge you provide.

Til YES contributes he's just a troll. Ignore the troll.

Sidenote: Going through these and seeing how my tastes have progressed is pretty dope.

• Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    stephen_hannibal:
    kuzi16:
    YES:
    seriously?

BUT on the other hand...what an odd place to troll...

Gurkha, I don't know you very well, and I'm sorry I'm going to say this...

I'd say 90% chance Gurkha went and created a second account so that post didn't make him look bad. JMO, but that's what it looks like.
  • blurrblurr Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 962
    Lately my favorite has been Tatuaje Havana VI. I know a lot of Tat fans don't like the Havana VI's, but personally I love them.
    On a side note, if new topics & repeats weren't occasionally created then every forum would have only 20 or so topics, each being 10,000 pages long, with tangents & twists at every corner. Nobody wants to read thru 100 pages. This is also different as favorites tend to change, but I digress.
    Ken Light:
    stephen_hannibal:
    kuzi16:
    YES:
    seriously?

BUT on the other hand...what an odd place to troll...

Gurkha, I don't know you very well, and I'm sorry I'm going to say this...

I'd say 90% chance Gurkha went and created a second account so that post didn't make him look bad. JMO, but that's what it looks like.
    i figured this would be said i dont care wether i look good or bad to any of you. but did you ever think maybe your joey guy is coming back to mess with you? side not dont be sorry if your going to say something just do it and man up im not sorry but i think what you said there is ignorant i am a man and ill say how i feel to someone i dont need a identity to cover who i am. in the end im here for the joy of cigars i dont need to start stuff i came here to learn take it as you will.
    also im not british so i would never say knob
    blurr:
    Lately my favorite has been Tatuaje Havana VI. I know a lot of Tat fans don't like the Havana VI's, but personally I love them.
    On a side note, if new topics & repeats weren't occasionally created then every forum would have only 20 or so topics, each being 10,000 pages long, with tangents & twists at every corner. Nobody wants to read thru 100 pages. This is also different as favorites tend to change, but I digress.
    that is actually a good point. on the top 3 brands thread you cans ee a jump in the dates a few times. this means that someone took the time to search and bump an old thread. heck, ive even done it. my favorites change.
    Gurkha Man!:
    i figured this would be said i dont care wether i look good or bad to any of you. but did you ever think maybe your joey guy is coming back to mess with you? side not dont be sorry if your going to say something just do it and man up im not sorry but i think what you said there is ignorant i am a man and ill say how i feel to someone i dont need a identity to cover who i am. in the end im here for the joy of cigars i dont need to start stuff i came here to learn take it as you will.
    So you go back far enough reading the forum to know who joey is and what happened but can't be bothered to call up old threads and read them and get your answers or bump them up and add to them?

If all this makes me think anyone's returned to *** with us, it's Ashtray, minus all the begging (I'm figuring that to come next after you inflate your post count). You can go back and search for him, or just post a brand spanking new thread asking who he is. Don't really care which.
    so anyway, i'll man up and apologize to kuzi16, i must have been in a bad mood this morning. i'm pretty disappointed in myself for making the effort to create an account just so i could respond; HOWEVER, notice 9 or 10 dudes just nicely and thoughtfully replied to the OP with their responses before you jumped in with the 'search' angle. i've just seen so many forums ruined to a point where i don't even bother anymore due people policing others.
    but again, sorry... i'm more part of the problem than the solution here. carry on!
    YES:
    so anyway, i'll man up and apologize to kuzi16, i must have been in a bad mood this morning. i'm pretty disappointed in myself for making the effort to create an account just so i could respond; HOWEVER, notice 9 or 10 dudes just nicely and thoughtfully replied to the OP with their responses before you jumped in with the 'search' angle. i've just seen so many forums ruined to a point where i don't even bother anymore due people policing others. but again, sorry... i'm more part of the problem than the solution here. carry on!
    LoL does the same person use the phrase 'man up' and the word 'knob'? And happen to post at nearly the same time as Gurkha? You're not even good at this.
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    Oh boy, looks like more drama.

TO answer the question, which is always changing, my current favorite is the Viaje White Label Project 50/50 Red and 2010 & 2011 Viaje Summerfest. Really love those.

Ask again in a month and it will be something different.
    i have no clue what you're getting at. but yes, i do use the phrases 'man up' and 'knob'...as well as hundreds of others. can you comprehend that?
  • JudoChinXJudoChinX Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 775
    I think my favorite thus far us the Padilla Series 68. The first time I had it, I was in heaven and that experience has stuck with me.
    JudoChinX:
    I think my favorite thus far us the Padilla Series 68. The first time I had it, I was in heaven and that experience has stuck with me.
    Cool I'll have to give it a shot thanks man
    JudoChinX:
    Have you had the Golden Bear? If not you must try it, it's fantastic in that size!
  • JudoChinXJudoChinX Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 775
    ENFIDL:
    JudoChinX:
    Have you had the Golden Bear? If not you must try it, it's fantastic in that size!
    I've not, but after looking it up, I'm absolutely intrigued. I'll definitely give it a shot!
    JudoChinX:
    ENFIDL:
    JudoChinX:
    I've not, but after looking it up, I'm absolutely intrigued. I'll definitely give it a shot!
    Do it. I know a few of us around here had enjoyed the Golden Bear. If I had any left I'd just shoot them your way. Sadly they were all destroyed in a fiery accident. RIP Golden Bears RIP