Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Movie Trivia Pass

Comments

• LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    jpclotfelter:
    this is the first movie that my wife and I ever watched together and it ended up becoming my favorite movie
    The Notebook!!!

If I'm right you need to hand in your Guy-Card
  • Garen BGaren B Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 977
    If its No Country for Old Men, I'm gonna high five your wife.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
    gmill880:
    Vulchor:
    Earth Girls are Easy

Thats what Alien said ...
    Word.
  • jpclotfelterjpclotfelter Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 294
    Lasabar:
    jpclotfelter:
    this is the first movie that my wife and I ever watched together and it ended up becoming my favorite movie
    The Notebook!!!

If I'm right you need to hand in your Guy-Card
    Nope. Man card still firmly in place.
    Garen B:
    If its No Country for Old Men, I'm gonna high five your wife.
    Nope.
  • VulchorVulchor Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,176
    A Time to Kill
    Vulchor:
    A Time to Kill
    Nope.
    Okay, next hint:

The author of the book makes a cameo appearance in the film.
    Another hint....the author is dead.
  • Garen BGaren B Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 977
    Spider Man authored by Stan Lee who has been dead for 5 years and was made into a zombie by Disney.
  • 4bob44bob4 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 212
    He said non fiction not fiction. Unless......spidey is real and I've been in denial this whole time....I KNEW IT!!!!
  • JdoraisJdorais Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 653
    oooooh, i think i know this. dan millman's "the way of the peaceful warrior"?
    Garen B:
    Spider Man authored by Stan Lee who has been dead for 5 years and was made into a zombie by Disney.
    Nope.
    Jdorais:
    oooooh, i think i know this. dan millman's "the way of the peaceful warrior"?
    Nope.
    Okay, another hint.

Here is an excerpt from the book:

Strange memories on this nervous night in Las Vegas. Five years later? Six? It seems like a lifetime, or at least a Main Era — the kind of peak that never comes again. San Francisco in the middle sixties was a very special time and place to be a part of. Maybe it meant something. Maybe not, in the long run . . . but no explanation, no mix of words or music or memories can touch that sense of knowing that you were there and alive in that corner of time and the world. Whatever it meant. . . . History is hard to know, because of all the hired bullshit, but even without being sure of “history” it seems entirely reasonable to think that every now and then the energy of a whole generation comes to a head in a long fine flash, for reasons that nobody really understands at the time — and which never explain, in retrospect, what actually happened. My central memory of that time seems to hang on one or five or maybe forty nights — or very early mornings — when I left the Fillmore half-crazy and, instead of going home, aimed the big 650 Lightning across the Bay Bridge at a hundred miles an hour wearing L. L. Bean shorts and a Butte sheepherder's jacket . . . booming through the Treasure Island tunnel at the lights of Oakland and Berkeley and Richmond, not quite sure which turn-off to take when I got to the other end (always stalling at the toll-gate, too twisted to find neutral while I fumbled for change) . . . but being absolutely certain that no matter which way I went I would come to a place where people were just as high and wild as I was: No doubt at all about that. . . . There was madness in any direction, at any hour. If not across the Bay, then up the Golden Gate or down 101 to Los Altos or La Honda. . . . You could strike sparks anywhere. There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning. . . . And that, I think, was the handle—that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn’t need that. Our energy would simply prevail. There was no point in fighting — on our side or theirs. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave. . . . So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark — that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back.
  • bbc020bbc020 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,422
    um...Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas? Hunter S. Thompson of course
    bbc020:
    We have a winner! Send me a PM with your info and I'll get something in the mail to you in the next day or two.
    jpclotfelter:
    bbc020:
    We have a winner! Send me a PM with your info and I'll get something in the mail to you in the next day or two.
    Thanks, pm sent
    As for a movie trivia question...

This movie was also based on a book and it features my favorite actress and an actor who also had a career in music.

Name the movie, actress, and actor
    bbc020:

This movie was also based on a book and it features my favorite actress and an actor who also had a career in music.

hint 1: The author and screenplay of this film was a personal friend of Pink Floyd. Part of the song, "In the Flesh" was used in the movie.
    bbc020:
    bbc020:

hint 1: The author and screenplay of this film was a personal friend of Pink Floyd. Part of the song, "In the Flesh" was used in the movie.
    Hint 2: The main character spends most, if not all, of the movie in a bathrobe, but thanks to his best friend, he also has a towel.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,561
    The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
    Zooey Deschanel
    Mos Def - Dante Terrell Smith
    cabinetmaker:
    The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
    Zooey Deschanel
    Mos Def - Dante Terrell Smith
    Correct....I knew that last one would give it away to anyone who's read or seen it.

pm me your address and I'll get some sticks out in the next day or so.
    PM sent, and I'll get a question up by the end of the day. Damn rainy days makes delivering cabinets impossible, so I have the day off to think about it....
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,921
    I love her too! she is quickly becoming one of my favorite actresses
    OK, Question time...The director's name kinda sounds like a type in the movie which was filmed in the 80's.
  • laker1963laker1963 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,046
    cabinetmaker:
    OK, Question time...The director's name kinda sounds like a type in the movie which was filmed in the 80's.
    What does this mean??? Is this your clue??! LMAO
    I can't even make sense of where you are trying to lead us with this clue...sounds like a type of what? LOL
  • JdoraisJdorais Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 653
    cabinetmaker:
    ummmm, huh?
    What? No one guessed it yet? After that hint? I mean it's already been guessed a few times, but has never been the right answer.

BTW, that's a hint.
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    cabinetmaker:
    What? No one guessed it yet? After that hint? I mean it's already been guessed a few times, but has never been the right answer.

BTW, that's a hint.
    Howard the DUCK!!!!!