Home General Discussion

Crap, Crap. Crap!!!! I could just scream!!!

RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
So about 4:30 this morning I hear some weird noises downstairs and go to investigate. It's my frickin dogs just going nuts in the family room. There's my Humi laying on the floor and my cigars all over the place. Pieces here pieces there, I think your getting the picture. I like to have went berserk grabbed them bastards up and threw them outside. Don't know how I managed to keep my cool and not wake everyone up.after I got everything cleaned up out of about 40 sticks in my Humi 22 were untouched and 3 that I was able to save half of. What a crappy way to start the day. Anybody got a better horror story to tell to make me feel better. Guess it's my fault for not putting them in a safer spot.

Comments

• blurrblurr Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 962
    Wow, I can't believe you were able to keep your cool with those dogs. Sorry to hear about your loss of sticks but I guess you can imagine it could have been worse. Keep them in a safer spot from now on. I know if that was me we would hvae 2 dogs that would be going to the shelter within a few days.
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    Sorry to hear that buddy, what sticks did they get?
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
    I have nightmares about that kind of stuff.....

Might I make a suggestion:

• JudoChinXJudoChinX Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 775
    Oddly, I also have nightmares about this kind of thing. I don't think normal people dream about the destruction of their beloved cigars, but at the same time, I've never claimed to be normal.
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,725
    Sounds like a real good excuse to get the wife onboard a cabinet purchase. :)
  • Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    t_evan50:
    Sounds like a real good excuse to get the wife onboard a cabinet purchase. :)
    +1 to this. I had a German Shepard when my son was small, used to do this to the diaper-pail. Back in the old days, when we had diaper pails, and cloth diapers. Talk about green!
  • beatnicbeatnic Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,133
    Ouch! Fear not, young skywalker. Replacements are already on their way.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    Well luckily they didn't get my last 2Cohibas, but I lost some Cuba libre brutes, a RP decade and a vintage 1990, a couple Nica Libre potencia, my Ave Maria and some of my house blends. Guess it's a good thing I hadnt really tried any high end smokes yet,the Cohiba and Ave Maria were the top dogs in my box. Another lesson learned, I shouldn't have had it on a tall narrow end table but it sat on top perfectly and looked great in a place of prominence in the family room where everyone could see it. On a side note I will be getting the 300 count San Marco end table Humi for Christmas. My wife saw it and thought it would look good in the living room which is off limits to the dogs because of the antiques and happens to be the on the coolest side of the house.
    Hope the dummies didn't eat any, it didn't look like it guess I'll have to keep an eye on em.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    Rhamlin:
    Well luckily they didn't get my last 2Cohibas, but I lost some Cuba libre brutes, a RP decade and a vintage 1990, a couple Nica Libre potencia, my Ave Maria and some of my house blends. Guess it's a good thing I hadnt really tried any high end smokes yet,the Cohiba and Ave Maria were the top dogs in my box. Another lesson learned, I shouldn't have had it on a tall narrow end table but it sat on top perfectly and looked great in a place of prominence in the family room where everyone could see it. On a side note I will be getting the 300 count San Marco end table Humi for Christmas. My wife saw it and thought it would look good in the living room which is off limits to the dogs because of the antiques and happens to be the on the coolest side of the house.
    PM buddy.

• denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    Rhamlin:
    good to hear they didn't get any super premiums! Or destroy your whole stock.
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,214
    I've ended up with some dog rockets before, but not literally...

A lock on the humi might have prevented that, too. Sorry to hear about it.
  • dowjr1dowjr1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 600
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
    That blows man, I dunno if I could still be cool with my dogs if they did that to me, lol. Obi did tear up my (empty) Xikar travel humi when he was still a puppy, nothing near what happened to you.
  • The SniperThe Sniper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,910
    PM incoming.

Well, I cant come up with a horror story of that magnitude, but I do have one to share of my own...

A couple months back, my 13 yr old daughter came and sat down with me while I was surfing the forums. We were just chatting about the day's events when she suddenly jumps up, screams "Oh God, I cant stand it anymore!" and goes running out of the room.

WTF????

A couple minutes later, she comes back in carrying a big bunch of single sticks.

"Dad, when you first started smoking cigars I didnt want you to... so I took a bunch out of your cigar box and hid them in one of mom's vases. Im really sorry Dad! Can you still smoke these?"

Poor child had felt guilty since she did it - about TWO YEARS prior! Those Padilla Habano's were (no exaggeration) PETRIFIED! All I could do was LMAO and tell her I loved her and I wasnt mad. Her heart was in the right place.

Of course it made it easier that they werent, say, Opus X's or God of Fire's... :-D

• The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
    The Sniper:
    PM incoming.

Well, I cant come up with a horror story of that magnitude, but I do have one to share of my own...

A couple months back, my 13 yr old daughter came and sat down with me while I was surfing the forums. We were just chatting about the day's events when she suddenly jumps up, screams "Oh God, I cant stand it anymore!" and goes running out of the room.

WTF????

A couple minutes later, she comes back in carrying a big bunch of single sticks.

"Dad, when you first started smoking cigars I didnt want you to... so I took a bunch out of your cigar box and hid them in one of mom's vases. Im really sorry Dad! Can you still smoke these?"

Poor child had felt guilty since she did it - about TWO YEARS prior! Those Padilla Habano's were (no exaggeration) PETRIFIED! All I could do was LMAO and tell her I loved her and I wasnt mad. Her heart was in the right place.

Of course it made it easier that they werent, say, Opus X's or God of Fire's... :-D

Actually thats a heartwarming story Sniper! .. I know this might sound sadistic but Rhamlin post some pics please.
    The Sniper:
    PM incoming.

WTF????

LOL! classic
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,023
    Note to self: Never get a dog!
    Yeah the one I'm looking at for Christmas has a lock. I was thinking that exact same thing about 5:30 this morning. Oh well I'm still a pretty lucky man just recieved my end trade from Beatnik give em a few days to recoup from the heat then their ash. And I'd just like to say this is a pretty great community here.
  • Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    fla-gypsy:
    Note to self: Never get a dog!
    Yeah, I'm not much of a pet person myself. I know the animal is just being an animal, but stories like this just reinforce my dislike for pets.
    There usually real good behaved dogs usually only tear up magazines when I forget to put em up lost me quite a few ccom catalogs that way lol. Guess they just couldn't resist that delightful aroma. Can't really blame em I got to stick my nose in there whenever I go past myself. And they are my buddies I can't stay mad at them to long.
    Love that story Glen. Been there with my daughter when she was little to though not with gars.
  • skweekzskweekz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,218
    That totally sucks, brother!

Although, have you de-wormed them recently? My dad told me that when he was a kid, they would crush up cigarettes/tobacco to feed to the dog that had worms and/or to de-worm the dog. If your dog has them, maybe he was trying to "self-medicate" with your stash. That whole "instinct takes over" kinda thing. It's just food for thought though. Although on the other hand, maybe he was just being Destructo-Doggie!
  • crzydimnd68crzydimnd68 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 136
    My pitbull Brutus know exactly what is in my humidor.If I go near it he gets excited.Even more so if I pull one out.He sits and watch's patiently as I cut it.He knows that we are going outside and he gets to chase a laser beam around the back yard while I smoke.There have been times when he goes near my humidor and starts sniffing and pacing a bit as if offering a smoke so he can go play.He's my smoking partner.
  • The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
    crzydimnd68:
    My pitbull Brutus know exactly what is in my humidor.If I go near it he gets excited.Even more so if I pull one out.He sits and watch's patiently as I cut it.He knows that we are going outside and he gets to chase a laser beam around the back yard while I smoke.There have been times when he goes near my humidor and starts sniffing and pacing a bit as if offering a smoke so he can go play.He's my smoking partner.
    Thats cool...
  • JudoChinXJudoChinX Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 775
    crzydimnd68:
    If I had a back yard, I'd totally do that with my dog. For now, we chill out on our balcony together.
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,725
    crzydimnd68:
    this is exactly what my Lab does. You can see his excitement growing as I go through the process. I love my smokin buddy.
  • camgfscamgfs Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 967
    Great stories...sorry to hear about the trashed sticks.
    Last fall I took a couple sticks with me out on an overnight camping/hunting trip. While sitting in my lawn chair smoking a churhill size cigar, a wild bird landed on the lit cigar! I laughed it off while the bird stood there looking at me for a few minutes. When the bird flew away, I puffed and puffed on my cigar until I realized that smoke was comming from several different places on the wrapper. The bird's claws had punctured the wrapper and binder in so many places that the cigar was un-smokable.....
    Wish I had pics of it on my cigar, but this is the bird that caused the mess in the first place:

• cabinetmakercabinetmaker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,561
    Take them to the local Korean food joint, tell them that'll be their next home if they do it again...