Home General Discussion

New here

jbraslinsjbraslins Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 57
Hi.

Totally new around here. Figured I'd make a post to say Hello.

I've smoked an occasional cigar here or there, but really don't know anything about them or can appreciate the differences. So far my preference been for milder ones.

Always wanted to get more into this and after enjoying AF Hemingway Short Story a few nights ago with a nice bottle of Laphroaig, finally pulled the trigger.

Just ordered a 50 cigar capacity humidor, proper cutter, few individual cigars, few samplers and became Cigar of the Month club member.

Here's to learning more!

Cigars I've ordered:
x2 Don Pepin Garcia Vegas Cubanas, Generosos, Habano, 6 X 50
x2 Don Pepin Garcia Serie JJ Maduro, Selectos, Maduro, 5 X 50
x4 Arturo Fuente Hemingway, Short Story (Perfecto), Cameroon, 4.25 X 43
x1 Montecristo Variety Sampler II
x1 Super Premium Six Double Stack Deluxe
+ Cigar of the Month Club (should get 5 cigars)

Hopefully I'll find some I truly enjoy amongst those.

Cheers.

Comments

• amz1301amz1301 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,287
    Welcome, nice first order. My advice, if you found your way here, start looking for a larger humidor now. That 50 will be filled in no time.
  • jbraslinsjbraslins Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 57
    Heh. I actually saw that advice being given to other peope on this forum.

Perhaps 50 will be my way to keep my spending and health under control :)
  • MonteWhiteMonteWhite Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 200
    amz1301:
    That 50 will be filled in no time.
    This is so true. And welcome!
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,725
    Welcome to the forum. The AF hemingway line seems to suck a lot of guys into the hobbie. Great stick.

jbraslins:
    Heh. I actually saw that advice being given to other peope on this forum. Perhaps 50 will be my way to keep my spending and health under control :)
    Good luck with the spending. And as far as health, most of us here only smoke a few cigars a week but stock 100s if not 1000s. LOL
  • danielruasdanielruas Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 778
    jbraslins:
    Heh. I actually saw that advice being given to other peope on this forum. Perhaps 50 will be my way to keep my spending and health under control :)
    Thats what I figured when I started with a 50ct 7 months ago, I've now got the 50 and a 2 gallon tupperdor, lucky I've been smoking and sharing a lot lately so supplies are down(I'm already being bombed leave me alone haha) or I'd be getting a cooler soon. This is a fun hobby, enjoy.
  • Lakota72Lakota72 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,267
    jbraslins:
    Honestly my friend, some of these BOTL's in here will all of a sudden get a crazy hair up their ass, start bouncing around to control room which has the launch button for a nuclear bomb, accidentally hit it and then the next thing you know is you're waking up in a daze surrounded by dirt and debris with a cigar in your mouth and 15 more next to you.

Trust us get a cooler. I am getting one very soon cause both my humidors runneth over.
  • Lakota72Lakota72 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,267
    Holy Crap! wasn't even paying attention, You are from NC!!! An even bigger welcome. We'll have to herf it up seeing as I work in Raleigh.
  • dbeckomdbeckom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,807
    First off...welcome to the forum! You've found the best place to learn and grow in your new found hobby/obsession.

As for your selection...great sticks! But if you're into milder cigars a few of your picks may be a little strong. Don't let that get you down, if you can't smoke them now they will only get better with time.

As for the humidor size, start thinking bigger!
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,647
    Welcome and +1 to the bigger box.
  • smoke em if you got emsmoke em if you got em Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,119
    jbraslins:
    Welcome to the forums bro.

Hey BOTL this guys sounds alittle crazy to me...keep his spending under control..blahahaaa
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,608
    Welcome to the forum, good luck keeping your spending down. That 50 ct humi will probably become your daily soon enough, mine did. Keep my daily smokes in there and put a few aged ones in for the weekends so I don't keep opening my other humi's. Looks like you have a good starting line up my friend, smoke them slow at first.
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    Welcome To the forums! Is it me or have there been slot more people joining Not just the forums but the brotherhood of the leaf?? Which is a damn great thing!
  • RampMonkeyRampMonkey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,808
    Welcome to the fold. Nice 1st order and like everyone else said, larger humidor/coolador/wineador will be in your near future.
  • RCY CigarsRCY Cigars Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,346
    Welcome to forum and enjoy the ride. Yes, a bigger humi will be a must. There's a lot of good info here, try looking in Cigar 101 first. If all fails with that, ask questions.
  • laker1963laker1963 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,046
    Welcome aboard. Hope to see you contribute to the forums as you get to know everyone.
  • The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
    Lakota72:
    jbraslins:
    Honestly my friend, some of these BOTL's in here will all of a sudden get a crazy hair up their ass, start bouncing around to control room which has the launch button for a nuclear bomb, accidentally hit it and then the next thing you know is you're waking up in a daze surrounded by dirt and debris with a cigar in your mouth and 15 more next to you.

Trust us get a cooler. I am getting one very soon cause both my humidors runneth over.
    LOL +1 Welcome, Very nice sticks
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    Good to have you brother. Im pretty new myself 4 or 5 months now got a 50 ct humi myself and I'm already looking at a 150ct one. Dang but Christmas is so far away?
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    Welcome to the forums!
    As everyone suggested get a bigger cooler/humi/etc....

Secondly, have a backup plan, I'll send you my address so that you have a secondary area to store more cigars...
    You're welcome
    Thanks for all the welcomes. Seems like BOTL is a nice bunch of people :)
  • Bobbo2009Bobbo2009 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 843
    Welcome to the community. A Big +1 to what everyone else has said (read as much as you can, get a bigger humi, get a cooler, get a second/thrid/fourth job so you can keep buysing, etc.). The guys here are great and you will learn alot.

Rob
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
  • bipbip Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 483
    welcome brother.
  • xIcedGuardianxxIcedGuardianx Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 873
    Lasabar:
    Welcome to the forums!
    As everyone suggested get a bigger cooler/humi/etc....

Secondly, have a backup plan, I'll send you my address so that you have a secondary area to store more cigars...
    You're welcome
    Lol.. One of the more creative attempts at pulling the " hey new guy, give me your sticks" gag. Made me laugh. Well played Lass. Anyways welcome to the forum and let us know how those sticks treat you.
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    welcome. is that your E90 V8?
  • brotheradambrotheradam Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 896
    Welcome to the boards, saw you're haul on the other thread, enjoy the sticks.
    dennisking:
    welcome. is that your E90 V8?
    Yup :) had e46 m3 before. Got some nice mods on this one: AFE intake, eisennman exhaust, H&r sport springs, bbs ch-r wheels, some black & CF bits here and there http://www.cryohold.com/pics/m3/hdr/IMG_2582.jpg image
    that's some hotness. is it SMG or 6sp?

My V8 M3 blog.

7sp M-DCT (dual clutch transmission)
    jbraslins:
    7sp M-DCT (dual clutch transmission)
    I still call it SMG but yeah, this new 7sp is sooooooo much smoother than the SMG2 available in your E46. I drove an SMG M6 yesterday. pretty quick but driving it around town is horrible. as bad as the Maserati / Ferrari F1