Home General Discussion

Opus Guys...

2»

Comments

• boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,101
    zeebra:
    boydmcgowan:
    zeebra:
    But if thats all he likes, thats all on him IMO. Looks like he has the money, so gets what he wants.
    Yeah, I personally think cigars should be smoked, not collected, and I've never actually had an Opus in the 8 years I've been smoking, but I 100% agree with you here zeebra. . . To each their own, I'll never judge a person on how they choose to spend their money. Its their decision and not mine. So good for him. It was kind of cool to see becuase like DD said, that is an impressive collection.

I'd be so paranoid about mold if I was him. . . . maybe thats why the humidity was so low.
    True, they should be smoked, but the cigar hobby is also collecting and seeing how they are with some age, cause usually they get better with age, especially Opus X cigars.

I wont lie, I dont like cheap cigars, by that, I mean "yard gars". I dont care for them, but I wont ever say they are bad since people smoke them. Like you said, to each their own, and thats really what this hobby is about.

Yea, the collection is very impressive and I would worry about any kind of issue, beetle, mold, etc...yeeshhh, what a disaster that would be!
    Exactly man. And just for clarification, I was only saying that cigars should be smoked and shared and not collected becuase thats just how I view the hobby becuase thats what works for me. Everyone should get out of the hobby what they choose to, so I understand that some love collecting only and some love a combination smoking, sharing and collecting, and thats awesome. Ther are a lot of angles to the hobby and it appeals to different people for different reasons, and thats what makes it fun. It brings together different people who all share a love for tobacco.

And I'm with you on the yard gars not really being my thing either, but I'm a middle ground kind of guy. I like me some premiums, but have a hard time rationalizing the super premiums more than once or twice a year.
  • JudoChinXJudoChinX Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 775
    I can't decide if I can't wait for, or am terrified of the day that I smoke something that expensive. Phew!
  • Hawk55Hawk55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 846
    I didn't read far enuf before I PM'd you. 05 Sharks...$50 each. 05 Peppers...$60-$80 each. and the BBMFs..about $60 each.
  • The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
    I thought It was an awesome collection.. I think he had the Humidity set perfectly nothing wrong with 61, IMO, especially for long term.. My favorite was the signed cigar in a bottle..
  • Hawk55Hawk55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 846
    WOW...this guys collection has my head SPINNING> Very nice collection and humidors...and by the way he almost forgot the box on the table...
  • cooch36cooch36 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 711
    I watched the vid and went to my B&M to pick up a few more Opus as I know they have thim more often them most places I've tried. Dam if I did walk out with a box of Perfection X. The seal is broken and the collection begins. I enjoy smoking Opus and have 35 or more an pull on out once a month out of shear fear of not replacing them, knowing I have some in researve makes me more comportable to smoke them now. Please do not post any simular vids again or I'll never come back....LOL ya that was BS...