Opus Guys...

DiamondogDiamondog Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,169
What would be a fair price on the following:
2 Opus X Shark (2005)
2 Opus X Chilli Pepper (2005)
1 Opus X BBMF (2005)

Comments

• docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    Well over 100USD, easily. I wouldn't hesitate to pay 150+ given the age, if I had the funds to do so. If you are the one selling this, I would put it up on Wade's, as I'm sure you will get whatever you are asking there.
  • DiamondogDiamondog Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,169
    docbp87:
    Well over 100USD, easily. I wouldn't hesitate to pay 150+ given the age, if I had the funds to do so. If you are the one selling this, I would put it up on Wade's, as I'm sure you will get whatever you are asking there.
    No I am looking at buying and the price is well above what you've mentioned which tells me too much lol...I've heard mention of Wade's before what is the site, thanks.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    I've seen the Chili Pepper and BBMF go for around $60 each and more. I'd love to get my hands on some BBMF Maduros.
    Diamondog:
    docbp87:
    No I am looking at buying and the price is well above what you've mentioned which tells me too much lol...I've heard mention of Wade's before what is the site, thanks.
    PM to you.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    for those guys in maduros, well except the shark I've seen them as low as 50 but that's it. I thought about jumping on the bbmf and chili maduros for about 60 each but decided against it at the last moment. Sure I'd like to try them but I don't think any cigar is work 60 bucks. I bought some rum instead which two bottle for 100 bucks to me is worth more than just two cigars. 140/150 would be a good price considering what I've seen them priced at. the shark though could go lower maybe 20 or 30. I think ccom got some sharks in last xmas and were selling them around 30 or something. I can't remember how much I paid but it was cheaper than what I was hearing other say online.
    phobicsquirrel:
    for those guys in maduros, well except the shark I've seen them as low as 50 but that's it. I thought about jumping on the bbmf and chili maduros for about 60 each but decided against it at the last moment. Sure I'd like to try them but I don't think any cigar is work 60 bucks. I bought some rum instead which two bottle for 100 bucks to me is worth more than just two cigars. 140/150 would be a good price considering what I've seen them priced at. the shark though could go lower maybe 20 or 30. I think ccom got some sharks in last xmas and were selling them around 30 or something. I can't remember how much I paid but it was cheaper than what I was hearing other say online.
    Yeah, but those were 2010s... not 6 year old Opus, which carry a significantly higher premium. Also... maduro Chili Peppers? Mother of God. Where?!
  • zeebrazeebra Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,166
    Diamondog:
    2 Opus X Shark (2005)
    1 Opus X BBMF (2005)

For those ages...

Opus X Shark 05 - $45-$60 each
    Opus X Chili Pepper 05 - $50-$75 each
    Opus X BBMF 05 - $70-90 each

Prices can vary on these as if someone is trying to just get rid of them or not. Good luck!
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    zeebra:
    Diamondog:
    2 Opus X Shark (2005)
    1 Opus X BBMF (2005)

For those ages...

Prices can vary on these as if someone is trying to just get rid of them or not. Good luck!
    i dont doubt you at all, i just have no idea how you came up with those numbers.
    ive never been good at this kinda thing.

if you cant post it here can you PM me so i can learn?
    zeebra:
    Diamondog:
    2 Opus X Shark (2005)
    1 Opus X BBMF (2005)

For those ages...

I think those might be closer to the prices of those sticks NEW, not with 6 years of age on them.
    docbp87:
    zeebra:
    Diamondog:
    2 Opus X Shark (2005)
    1 Opus X BBMF (2005)

For those ages...

I think those might be closer to the prices of those sticks NEW, not with 6 years of age on them.
    I honestly am just guessing here. I currently have one of each right now and these are the prices I was given for them, of course, not with that age.

Opus X Shark, retails for like $18, I paid $25
    Opus X Chili pepper - I paid $35
    Opus X BBMF - Natural and Maduro can be easily purchased for $50. I traded for mine for $50 worth of premiums
  • lcpleellcpleel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,447
    docbp87:
    Also... maduro Chili Peppers? Mother of God. Where?!
    Myth....
    lcpleel:
    docbp87:
    Myth....
    That's what I figured, but didn't want to be the one to call it. I know there are a lot of fake Chili Peppers out there.
    docbp87:
    lcpleel:
    docbp87:
    Myth....
    That's what I figured, but didn't want to be the one to call it. I know there are a lot of fake Chili Peppers out there.
    no maduro that i can think of.
    but there is:
    THIS
    THIS
    THIS
    THIS
    and THIS

• lcpleellcpleel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,447
    I say myth but I know for a fact that they don't have such smokes. I asked Rich Dolak about certain maduros that was being sold online and even on ccomf. I also got confirmation from Drew Newman as well. On the price of aged smokes that your looking at Steve it really depends on what your willing to pay for them. It's really hard to put a price on age. I'm no expert on FFoX's but I would think that A fair price is about 10-40 on top of the retail based on the rarity of the stick.
  • kevin1323kevin1323 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 294
    I am sure this has been posted here before, but I just stumbled across this video -

http://www.youtube.com/user/ropusx#p/u/1/ZMBzWT1HslY

There are more videos on his channel. Impressive collection to say the least.
  • beatnicbeatnic Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,133
    kevin1323:
    I am sure this has been posted here before, but I just stumbled across this video - http://www.youtube.com/user/ropusx#p/u/1/ZMBzWT1HslY There are more videos on his channel. Impressive collection to say the least.
    Unbelievable. I'm starting to get the feeling that the Opus X is more of a commodity than a cigar. This guy had a shrine, not a humidor. Really, I have a handful in my humidor, and smoke one every few weeks or so. My local B&M always has a selection. Start smoking dude.
  • DiamondogDiamondog Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,169
    Thats clearly his go to cigar....I'm sure he smokes plenty and needs plenty for it to be a go to...amazing collection!
    If you didn't see this, check out his latest addition:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ropusx#p/a/u/0/iDZ-ef1HxfA
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    No wonder they are so rare... THIS GUY IS SMOKING ALL OF THEM!!!

Although, I wonder how many cigars he smokes a week...
    Nice!! Wonder how much that box of BBMF goes for??

What a collection though! If I keep going at the rate I'm going now, I might surpass him in a few years! But I wont, I've promised myself that.
    I think lcpleel had a box of BBMFs actually!

Also, heard Carlito was holding Pus$y Juice orgies at Casa Fuente the last few days, during the show in Vegas. And, there will be a maduro (which I speculate will be called... wait for it...

AS$ JUICE!)

Hoping to get my hands on some pus$y juice.
    That guy has to have at least 10k worth of opus x. Plus those DC 30th are $300 per box. The CFCF Opus 22 is $950. Those Don Arturo are $60 a piece. Each Opus X box is a lot especially since most are not 25 per box. Some are 33, 42, etc...
    Lasabar:
    No wonder they are so rare... THIS GUY IS SMOKING ALL OF THEM!!!

This made me laugh!
    they are good cigars and all but damn... thats a bit overboard.
    kuzi16:
    Agreed!
    But if thats all he likes, thats all on him IMO. Looks like he has the money, so gets what he wants.
    zeebra:
    But if thats all he likes, thats all on him IMO. Looks like he has the money, so gets what he wants.

He does have another full cabinet with non-Opus X cigars that he said he would go through some other time. I kinda want to see what is in that one.
  • boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,101
    zeebra:
    Yeah, I personally think cigars should be smoked, not collected, and I've never actually had an Opus in the 8 years I've been smoking, but I 100% agree with you here zeebra. . . To each their own, I'll never judge a person on how they choose to spend their money. Its their decision and not mine. So good for him. It was kind of cool to see becuase like DD said, that is an impressive collection.

I'd be so paranoid about mold if I was him. . . . maybe thats why the humidity was so low.
    kuzi16:
    If I had the cash, I would build a similar collection, honestly. The Opus X blend is my favorite I have ever smoked, and would pay a pretty penny, for example, for that Forbidden X Humidor, etc. Also, that guy must have some connection to the music industry (my guess), since he has an 'A' that belonged to Suge Knight.
    boydmcgowan:
    zeebra:
    Yeah, I personally think cigars should be smoked, not collected, and I've never actually had an Opus in the 8 years I've been smoking, but I 100% agree with you here zeebra. . . To each their own, I'll never judge a person on how they choose to spend their money. Its their decision and not mine. So good for him. It was kind of cool to see becuase like DD said, that is an impressive collection.

I'd be so paranoid about mold if I was him. . . . maybe thats why the humidity was so low.
    True, they should be smoked, but the cigar hobby is also collecting and seeing how they are with some age, cause usually they get better with age, especially Opus X cigars.

I wont lie, I dont like cheap cigars, by that, I mean "yard gars". I dont care for them, but I wont ever say they are bad since people smoke them. Like you said, to each their own, and thats really what this hobby is about.

Yea, the collection is very impressive and I would worry about any kind of issue, beetle, mold, etc...yeeshhh, what a disaster that would be!