Home General Discussion

My Uzi Weighs a Ton

lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
From cigar-coop.com

On June 10th, Jonathan Drew was at a Drew Estate event at Cordova Cigars in Pensacola, Florida.   Along the way, he brought along some pre-release "My Uzi Weighs a Ton" cigars from Joya de Nicaragua.

This cigar represents a joint-collaboration by Drew Estate with Joya de Nicaragua.   Drew Estate and Joya de Nicaragua already have an established partnership.  In 2008, Joya de Nicaragua CEO Dr. Alejandro Martinez Cuenca decided to end the distribution relationship he had with Quesada's company and entered into a distribution agreement with Drew Estates.   The Uzi represents the first joint blending collaboration with Jonathan Drew himself and the folks at Joya de Nicaragua.

Tobaccos for this blend come from both the Drew Estate side and the Joya de Nicaragua side.   Jonathan Drew himself blended this cigar and it was rolled at the Joya de Nicaragua factories.  This 6 x 60 cigar will be released in the Joya de Nicaragua family.

Drew had a lot of enthusiasm for the release.  At the event, he described it as medium to full with some sweetness to it.  I will be smoking my sample soon and providing feedback.

Plans are for limited release beginning in late June with a nationwide release.

There's an event in Plainfield this Mon the 20th at Burning Leaf. I'm gonna try to go.

Comments

• The SniperThe Sniper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,910
    Joya de Nic? YAAY!!!

Drew Estates? Uhhhhh....

• kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    the only problem with that post from cigar coop is that is is a 7x60, not a 6x60.
    it got that name for a reason. the thing is freakin huge.
    The Sniper:
    Joya de Nic? YAAY!!!

Drew Estates? Uhhhhh....

they have had relations for quite some time now.

whats wrong sniper? dont like the liga pivada line?

• lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
    kuzi16:
    The Sniper:
    Joya de Nic? YAAY!!!

Drew Estates? Uhhhhh....

+1. Drew Estates does more than just infused. They bought the JDN line a while back.
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    kuzi16:
    the only problem with that post from cigar coop is that is is a 7x60, not a 6x60.
    Per JDrew himself yesterday, it will be available in 5x60, 6x60, and 7x60 actually. Bundles of 10 will be available at Burning Leaf launch event. Also, everything but half of the filler tobacco is actually DE tobacco. DE does all of the distribution for JdN, and whatever else though, so that's no surprise. Annnd here's an awesome photo from Jdrew of the bundle package... and his Uzi lol

Despite the size, I am looking forward to at least trying one.
    docbp87:
    kuzi16:
    Per JDrew himself yesterday, it will be available in 5x60, 6x60, and 7x60 actually. Bundles of 10 will be available at Burning Leaf launch event. Also, everything but half of the filler tobacco is actually DE tobacco. DE does all of the distribution for JdN, and whatever else though, so that's no surprise. Annnd here's an awesome photo from Jdrew of the bundle package... and his Uzi lol

good call. i was not aware of the other two sizes. i had only seen the one.
    kuzi16:
    docbp87:
    kuzi16:

good call. i was not aware of the other two sizes. i had only seen the one.
    Hoping to get my hands on a couple of the 5x60... since the other 2 sizes are too much for me. I smoked one LFD Digger, and will never need to do that again. Just not a pleasant experience. Lexington Steele... the cigar.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    Cool, maybe one of these will make it's way into a rap video where they sing about killing people from the roof of their car while their money-grubbing friends slap their ho's around in the hot tub.

Worse name ever for a cigar. Even the Fuente Pu$$yjuice, as juvenile as that is, doesn't promote humans killing other humans. There is only one reason in this world for an uzi and it ain't hunting deer. Pathetic.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    bigharpoon:
    Cool, maybe one of these will make it's way into a rap video where they sing about killing people from the roof of their car while their money-grubbing friends slap their ho's around in the hot tub.

Worse name ever for a cigar. Even the Fuente Pu$$yjuice, as juvenile as that is, doesn't promote humans killing other humans. There is only one reason in this world for an uzi and it ain't hunting deer. Pathetic.
    I would have to strongly disagree... I've actually known several people who have owned an Uzi and NONE of them have ever killed a person. Only one has ever even shot at someone and it wasn't with his Uzi, it was with his service weapon.
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    Can't spell Kuzi without Uzi........ Think about THAT!
    bigharpoon:

There's already a song by Public Enemy called My Uzi Weighs a Ton..... Actually has nothing to do with killing anyone. It's a metaphor for the band's larger than life rap style. But I don't pretend to know the much about the literary value of Flava Flav's songs..... I'm sure it's just a reference to his shlong.
    lilwing88:
    kuzi16:
    The Sniper:
    Joya de Nic? YAAY!!!

Drew Estates? Uhhhhh....

+1. Drew Estates does more than just infused. They bought the JDN line a while back.
    Well, Ive never tried the Liga Privada's to be honest. The only DE product Ive ever really enjoyed was the Chateau Real Maduro. And I didnt know about them owning JdN, which is a +1 to their credit.

lilwing88:
    kuzi16:
    The Sniper:
    Joya de Nic? YAAY!!!

Drew Estates? Uhhhhh....

Well, Ive never tried the Liga Privada's to be honest. The only DE product Ive ever really enjoyed was the Chateau Real Maduro. And I didnt know about them owning JdN, which is a +1 to their credit.

The Sniper:
    lilwing88:
    kuzi16:
    The Sniper:
    Joya de Nic? YAAY!!!

Drew Estates? Uhhhhh....

NEVER? HOW? CRAZY TALK. The Liga Privada stuff is some of the best stuff on the market right now, hands down, bar none!
  • madurofanmadurofan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,152
    The Sniper:
    lilwing88:
    kuzi16:
    The Sniper:
    Joya de Nic? YAAY!!!

Drew Estates? Uhhhhh....

DE does NOT own JdN. They have an agreement to distribute JdN but they definetly do not own them.
  • HaybletHayblet Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,400
    docbp87:
    The Sniper:
    lilwing88:
    kuzi16:
    The Sniper:
    Joya de Nic? YAAY!!!

Drew Estates? Uhhhhh....

NEVER? HOW? CRAZY TALK. The Liga Privada stuff is some of the best stuff on the market right now, hands down, bar none!
    They (DE) do NOT own JdN they just own the distribution rights in the US. Also I asked Steve Saka about this cigar back @ Cfest and it's just a reference to a rap song J.D. enjoyed growing up.
    Hayblet:
    docbp87:
    The Sniper:
    lilwing88:
    kuzi16:
    The Sniper:
    Joya de Nic? YAAY!!!

Drew Estates? Uhhhhh....

They (DE) do NOT own JdN they just own the distribution rights in the US. Also I asked Steve Saka about this cigar back @ Cfest and it's just a reference to a rap song J.D. enjoyed growing up.
    My bad. I meant that they bought the distribution, not the whole company.... but you're right.
  • Alex SvensonAlex Svenson BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, Registered Users Posts: 1,204
    We have a small shipment of these coming in. They are prerelease samples before they are debuted at the show officially this summer and available to the public. Im still hashing out the details but if you are interested, I would let your account manager know so he can put your name down.
    Alex Svenson:
    We have a small shipment of these coming in. They are prerelease samples before they are debuted at the show officially this summer and available to the public. Im still hashing out the details but if you are interested, I would let your account manager know so he can put your name down.
    Cool. If I like what I sample this Mon, I may have to splurge on a few of these.
  • wac01wac01 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1
    Thanks for the feedback.  That picture I took of the Uzi is a 6 x 60.   If you look at the bag in the post as well, this also references the fact that it is a 6 x 60.   I also measured it.

While you are correct about the 7 x 60, there are also plans for a 6 x 60.  After I saw Jonathan, it wasn't all clear to me (namely I didn't ask) if all three vitolas were initially being released.
  • millennium115millennium115 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 839
    hey lilwing, im heading out to burning leaf this monday with coop d ( scott) looking forward to the event..this will be my first one....
  • jj20030jj20030 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,448
    la vieja habana by drews not bad and not infused
    millennium115:
    hey lilwing, im heading out to burning leaf this monday with coop d ( scott) looking forward to the event..this will be my first one....
    Fair warning... The guys that hang out at the Leaf are CRAZY. Heard of some of the wildest bombings ever via Leafers.
    ohhhhh bebe....cant wait......!!! thanks for the heads up
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
    Alex Svenson:
    Please include me on that list, I deal with Tim. Thanks Alex, it'l be really awesome to get ahold of some of these. I generally don't got for the bigger RG stuff, but I have heard so many rave reviews on the Dirty Rat and Flying Pig that I have to get in on this one while I have a chance.
    millennium115:
    Yea, I figured it was you he was talking about. Cool, bro. Found this video on twitter today.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wGibiHxfPI&feature=youtu.be
    millennium115:
    JD is a good guy. I hope you get to chat with him. he is actually one of the biggest reasons i want to go back to nicaragua.
    thats awesome. it will be my first encounter with a creator/owner of a cigar company.....prtty kool.....
    alienmisprint:
    Alex Svenson:
    Please include me on that list, I deal with Tim. Thanks Alex, it'l be really awesome to get ahold of some of these. I generally don't got for the bigger RG stuff, but I have heard so many rave reviews on the Dirty Rat and Flying Pig that I have to get in on this one while I have a chance.
    Worth noting that this blend is not a Liga Privada blend, and according to Drew, isn't really anything like the DE stuff. It's JdN!