Home General Discussion

New Guy-Daniel Klinkner

Lakota72Lakota72 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,267
Good Afternoon Everyone,

I am new to the forum however I was advised to read the forums for a while before posting. I was introduced to the forums by a current member-rcycigars. I am pretty new to the cigar world and am slowly starting to recognize an appreciate the changes a stick takes from start to finish. rcy has certainly turned me on to some great sticks and has been a pretty good mentor in all of this. My first "cigar" was a Swisher Sweet Perfecto while I was out deer hunting as a sophomore in high school. Well, here I am 12 years later attempting to learn what a great cigar is. I have taken a liking to the Padilla Series 1968, Gurka Titan, and Nub Cameroon. I hope to learn from the people who have experience with cigars and the flavors they provide.

Thanks for your time.

Comments

• Sandman1amSandman1am Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,567
    Welcome to the forums and to the hobby. Hope you learn and have fun here. I'm sure RCY has told you all about us.......most of it's prob. not true ;)
  • Lakota72Lakota72 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,267
    Well, if the fact that you guys certaily look out for each other and have a great time bombing each other then I don't know who to believe. I am certainly going to try and get involved. But yeah he has told me a lot about you guys and it's all been positive.
  • beatnicbeatnic Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,133
    Lakota72:
    Well, if the fact that you guys certaily look out for each other and have a great time bombing each other then I don't know who to believe. I am certainly going to try and get involved. But yeah he has told me a lot about you guys and it's all been positive.
    Yea, we don't like him either.LOL
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
    Right on, welcome to the fold, make yourself at home. Oh, and some advice if you plan on hanging around here:

1) buy a bigger humidor
    2) buy an even bigger humidor
    3) go on MyPay and start a monthly allotment to Ccom
    4)make a coolerdor
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    Are you freakin' serious? Swisher Sweet makes a perfecto? My God, the things I've learned here...they never end!

Welcome to the forum. Those '68s are great cigars and yes, this truly is an amazing community.
    I appreciate the advice. I have actually been looking at some larger humidors. It's funny you mention the coolerdor because I just walked in on rcy going through his.
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,914
    Welcome to the Forums, You have a PM
    Yes I know, I am almost embarrased to say that that was my first. However, I figure honesty is the best policy. At least I know I started at the bottom and am working my way up. After all, we all know that Swisher puts out the best stuff. lol
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,914
    Lakota72:
    Yes I know, I am almost embarrased to say that that was my first. However, I figure honesty is the best policy. At least I know I started at the bottom and am working my way up. After all, we all know that Swisher puts out the best stuff. lol

Hey Man Dont feel bad, My first Cigar was one i stole from my Grandpa when i was like 13 it was a Plastic Tipped WHite Owl, then he smokes some RG DUNNS, i found Swisher Sweets smoked them .... and the rest is history
    Its all good, my first cigar was a Hav-A-Tampa Jewel, the ones with the sweetened wood tips. We all start somewhere. Oh, and I didn't know Swishers came in a perfecto either, lol.
  • laker1963laker1963 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,046
    I am just glad I'm not the only one.
    Thank you laker I appreciate it.
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,707
    Welcome to the forums. Would you like a copy of the address list? JK!
  • mfotismfotis Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 720
    welcome to the forums
    I think I need to earn my way to the address list. I have a couple addresses and they will be bombed soon.
    y2pascoe:
    LMAO....now that's funny right there....
  • beatnicbeatnic Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,133
    y2pascoe:
    Get a rope!
  • RCY CigarsRCY Cigars Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,346
    Welcome to the forum finally. These guys tell a lot of jokes. So watch what they say. And before you let that key strike, think about. Lol, how the tables turn for a moment, I'm instructing you, lol. Seriously guys, he's really good person to know. And when you guys bomb the mess out of our unit. It spark a light over everyone. Letting them know that you guys give a hoot. Don't worry, he knows about bombing and trading. And I'm going to point him in the direction of DSWarmack's post. Enjoy the ride Sir.......
    I appreciate it my friend. I'll look for DS's posts. Shot over.
  • dwayne3307dwayne3307 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 272
    alienmisprint:
    y2pascoe:
    LMAO....now that's funny right there....
    +1!! Welcome to the forum
  • letsgowithbobletsgowithbob Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 676
    RCY Cigars:
    Welcome to the forum finally. These guys tell a lot of jokes. So watch what they say. And before you let that key strike, think about.

folowing is an example of what someone might do with a delete key as a joke. It is meant in fun, so I hope you take it that way

Lakota72:
    Good Afternoon Everyone, I am new to the forum however I was advised to read the forums for a while before posting. I was introduced to current member-rcycigars. I am pretty new to the world and am slowly starting to recognize an appreciate a stick finish. rcy has certainly turned me on to great stick and has been a pretty good mentor in all of this. My first Swisher was a Sweet Perfecto while I was out hunting a sophomore in high school. Well, here I am 12 years later I have taken a liking to the dill Titan, and Nub men. I hope to learn from the people who have flavor. Thanks for your time.

fixed it for ya
  • letsgowithbobletsgowithbob Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 676
    welcome to the boards lakota, if you pm me your addy i'll send you some smokes
  • LukoLuko Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,004
    Welcome aboard...
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    Welcome to the forum!
    Lakota72:
    I appreciate it my friend. I'll look for DS's posts. Shot over.
    You guys arty?
  • AJGARLETTAJGARLETT Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 648
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,377
    alienmisprint:
    Right on, welcome to the fold, make yourself at home. Oh, and some advice if you plan on hanging around here:

1) buy a bigger humidor
    4)make a coolerdor
    Welcome aboard. Only thing I can add to this list is get a second job!

• kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    YankeeMan:
    alienmisprint:

1) buy a bigger humidor
    4)make a coolerdor
    Welcome aboard. Only thing I can add to this list is get a second job!

WHAT !!! Then there will be less time to smoke.
  • millennium115millennium115 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 839
    welcome brotha, there are alot of amazing guys around here!!!