Home General Discussion

Is there a story line behind the first box you bought?

2»

Comments

• beatnicbeatnic Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,133
    RCY Cigars:
    beatnic:
    OK. I'll admit it. 1 box of Ccom Cuban Label. Sounded cool! LOL>

Beatnic, there'a always one. Lol....
    You say that from overseas. Hey, which one are you in the pic?
  • RCY CigarsRCY Cigars Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,346
    beatnic:
    RCY Cigars:
    beatnic:
    OK. I'll admit it. 1 box of Ccom Cuban Label. Sounded cool! LOL>

Beatnic, there'a always one. Lol....
    You say that from overseas. Hey, which one are you in the pic?

Lol, in the last photo is myself on the right and my partner in crime on the left. He's stationed at another post here in Germany too. We both was smoking a Cuban Hoyo de Monterrey Epicure No.2 with about five months in his humidor.
    I'm just wondering with all the new faces. Do they have a story or anything to add?

• bigfnstevebigfnsteve Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,290
    My first. Box was Alec Bradley Tempus. I was pretty new to the hobby and fell in love with AB stuff right off the bat. Found a good deal on the sister site and swooped`em up. Smoked the last ones on my birthday this year with Shotgunjohn (first time meetingherfing). It all gone down hill since that first box. Kinda wish I would have kept a couple for nostalgia but hey Ill never forget who i was with and when I sacrificed the last couple. Made a good friend that day!
  • Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,971
    My first box was a box of 1844 #50s, mainly the $40 price tag got me and made it easier, but later on that month I bought my 2nd, 3rd, and 4th boxes...My Father 2011 LE, Jaime Garcia 2011 LE, and My Father 2010LE
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    Hmm. I've yet to purchase a full box. I usually buy 5ers 10ers.
  • MartelMartel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,423
    I look forward to sharing, but need to find what I like enough to buy a box of it!
  • bbass2bbass2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,056
    Only a box of 10, but still the only box I have. My wife asked what I wanted for fathers day last year and I asked for the My Father coronas which had just been released.
    Ah man, I can't wait to get home so I can chime in. Nice addition to the stories fellas.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    My first box was padron fr 85's I had only really dabbled around and I knew I liked padron. I read the review and had to pull the trigger!! It was well worth it lol I bought another box alright after I smoked one
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    Every box is like my first =D I sure do love opening them. My first officially was a box of Black Market, and even though my palette has changed, tastes have evolved, and I generally dislike almost everything I initially liked...I still love Black Market. The first one I ever had KO'ed me but was incredibly smooth. I remember giving one to Vinny, Jetmech63, the first time I met him and he loved it as well. I bought the box right after that i think. It all went downhill after that.....damnit....
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    I bought 2 boxes because I wanted them signed. First off Matt Booth's Room 101 Namakubi and Jonathan Drew for JDN Antano. It was an impulse buy but, took advantage of seeing both of thes guys at the same time. I'm going to display them eventually because it reminds me of an awesome time I had at the Little Smoke here in Spokane! Can't wait for the next one!!
  • beatnicbeatnic Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,133
    Read down and you'll see my first box was Ccom Cuban Label. I'm presently waiting on a box from Ccom of AF Anejo 46. Hook, line and sinker. Next thing you know I'll be main-lining the stuff.
  • 0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
    My first box purchase of cigars was July 1988.
    It was a box of RyJ coronas. I purchased them from a local newspaper store in town.

Hard to believe cigars were sold at news stands.
    It was my oldest boy's birth and I went down to the local newspaper store (news stand/store that sold newspapers, comics, magazines, etc and cigars and sodas) and picked up a box for about $40.

I also bought a box of cheap "It's a boy" cigars that day. What a waste of money those were, but they were cheap to hand out. LOL!

• mr.wendell1979mr.wendell1979 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 221
    I have yet to purchase a box of any particular box... As a newer cigar smoker, I'm still in the trial and error phase. I like a lot of the ones I've tried thus far but due to budget constraints I haven't been able to. I will be looking towards a box soon and I'm sure it will be either My Father or AF.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    I actually only recently made my first box purchase. Est 1844 #54's. got a box of 18 for 30$ and split it witha buddy who has recently gotten into cigars and really liked these. I'm just a sampler junky, there's always something else I want to try.
  • stadstad Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 386
    My first box was Drew Estate La Vieja Habana. Back in 2004 you could eat these for 2.50 a stick. Te blend is not the same today, and these are also non infused. The profile was more like the DE Chateau Real. I got more people into smoking cigars with these things. I liked them a lot and for 50.00 you couldn't go wrong. Man this takes me back.
  • 0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
    stad:
    My first box was Drew Estate La Vieja Habana. Back in 2004 you could eat these for 2.50 a stick. Te blend is not the same today, and these are also non infused. The profile was more like the DE Chateau Real. I got more people into smoking cigars with these things. I liked them a lot and for 50.00 you couldn't go wrong. Man this takes me back.
    I don't even want to think about how many boxes of those I've bought over the years. It was one of those inexpensive boxes I would buy for kicking around the shop.
    Now I buy the cameroon one every once in a while. At $50/box, not a bad deal.
    Although, the cameroon ones are getting harder to find.
  • stadstad Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 386
    0patience:
    stad:
    I don't even want to think about how many boxes of those I've bought over the years. It was one of those inexpensive boxes I would buy for kicking around the shop.
    Now I buy the cameroon one every once in a while. At $50/box, not a bad deal.
    Although, the cameroon ones are getting harder to find.
    This was my go to cigar for a year or so. One day I was at a B&M and some guy bought a Padron, the lady behind the counter congratulated him for stepping up to the world of "fine" cigars. I bought one too.
  • BigT06BigT06 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,899
    My first box was Rick's fault. El Titan de Bronze Redemption maduro (robusto). Rick has spent more of my money than anybody except maybe Todd and Joe... "you should try these, you'll really like it"... yep. Dammit.

hard to believe I waited that long to start buying by the box... that's pretty much the only way I order now (or in bundles equivalent to boxes)...