Home General Discussion

Stating my intentions

y2pascoey2pascoe Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,707
Help me out BOTL. My girlfriend's parents are comming down this weeknend and I will be spending some significatnt one-on-one time with her father. During this time I fully intend to make clear my intentions to marry his daughter (cue church bells). From my limited inventory, I have three pairs of sticks I intend celebrate his (God willing) endorsement with. Either a Graycliff Crystal Limited Edition Churchill (he's a Graycliff guy), a Gurkha Centurian, or a Man O' War Virtue toro. What do you all think? Quick before I sober up!

Comments

• ljlljl Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 819
    Your lucky he's into cigars at all - one step in the right direction(lol)! I'd hit him with the Graycliff if it's his cup O' tea. Congrats on the (hopefully) upcoming engagement BTW!
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,707
    Funny because I'm into cigars, because she's into cigars, because her father's into cigars. See, it comes full circle. Fathers...daughters...cigars...me! It's almost poetic.
  • gaberoxgaberox Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 824
    Go Graycliffe! If you were really smart you would know what his favorite Graycliffe cigar is and offer him one. Still go for the Graycliffe.... My spelling is bad now I know been drinkin lol...
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    Graycliff only makes sense & that is one of their good ones
  • HeavyHeavy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,590
    As a married man myself, I only have one word of advice for you: RUN!
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
    Hmmmmmm.... If you have time, and access, I'd go all out. Go get yourself an Opus, Padron 64 or 26, Davidoff Millemium, etc.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    FOR THE LOVE OF GOD NOOOOOOOOO! DON'T DO IT MAN! YOU'VE GOT IT SO GOOD RIGHT NOW!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol Ok, now that I gave my advice, congrats bro! Go with the Graycliff and enjoy!
  • PsychoSJGPsychoSJG Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 739
    get the engagement, but never set a date for the wedding. keep pushing it back for whatever reason you can think off. Knowing you can just end it whenever will keep her in line haha. Congrats though
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,023
    Graycliff and congrats
  • RCY CigarsRCY Cigars Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,346
    fla-gypsy:
    Graycliff and congrats

+1 Let's see here, Graycliff cigar + you have some + hopeful father-in-law likes Graycliff= Wife
  • DSWarmackDSWarmack Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,426
    RCY Cigars:
    fla-gypsy:
    Graycliff and congrats

+1 Let's see here, Graycliff cigar + you have some + hopeful father-in-law likes Graycliff= Wife
    +2
  • sol1821sol1821 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 706
    if shes into cigars she sounds like a keeper.
    How about you stick all your good ones on the top of your humi and just bring it to him and open the lid and offer him one.
  • skweekzskweekz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,218
    I can testify...the son-in-law/father-in-law relationship is much, much stronger over cigars :0)

Congrats brother!! And go with the Graycliff
  • rossdavey2rossdavey2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 979
    Go with the grey, and congrats. Best thing I ever did was get married.
  • VulchorVulchor Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,176
    lilwing88:
    Hmmmmmm.... If you have time, and access, I'd go all out. Go get yourself an Opus, Padron 64 or 26, Davidoff Millemium, etc.
    +1
  • beatnicbeatnic Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,133
    sol1821:
    How about you stick all your good ones on the top of your humi and just bring it to him and open the lid and offer him one.
    +1
  • VulchorVulchor Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,176
    How bout saying that "your daughter is mine now there pops...so why dont you go get us a couple of nice sticks from the shop while I sit here and have a beer and talk about you to my future mother-in-law?"...................................Worked great for me, just sayin;)
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,377
    Congrats and as a serial marrier, I fully endorse your intentions. Also, I can vouch for having a wife who not only can I share cigars and quality time with, she urges me to by cigars.

I differ with most of my BOTL's here, go with the MOW.
  • xIcedGuardianxxIcedGuardianx Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 873
    Congrats bro! Greycliff sounds like the ticket. If there's time, order a couple double espressos and share one with him.
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,214
    Buy a boat, it will still suck up all your money but you can loan it to your friends and it's easier to get rid of. (Seriously, though, congrats).
  • boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,101
    skweekz:
    I can testify...the son-in-law/father-in-law relationship is much, much stronger over cigars :0)

Congrats brother!! And go with the Graycliff
    Couldn't agree more on the whole father in law + cigars thing. congrats man, and good luck. And yeah if he already likes greycliff then go with that. Or maybe find a greycliff he hasn't had and go with that.
  • xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
    Things not to say:

- So based on your wife, what can I expect in terms of droopage?

• kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    remember, dont ask for his permission. Ask for his blessing.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    xmacro:
    Things not to say:

no, no, no...

you ask this half way through the cigar.
  • DSWarmackDSWarmack Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,426
    kuzi16:
    xmacro:
    Things not to say:

no, no, no...

you ask this half way through the cigar.

Let me tell you what your daughter and I did in the bedroom the other night is also a subject to avoid with any hopeful Paw-in-law. Anything that happens in the bathtub, or bedroom, or kitchen... well if it involves the two of you and anything more than shoes coming off keep it to yourself. According to Kuzi anyways, but he's a prude! ;)
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,762
    sol1821:
    +1 I like this idea. You know he'll go for the Greycliff, but it will be HIS choice......
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    y2pascoe:
    Funny because I'm into cigars, because she's into cigars, because her father's into cigars. See, it comes full circle. Fathers...daughters...cigars...me! It's almost poetic.
    lol that's cool. I have asked her the big question or are you waiting for her dad to say something? I'm just curious because I hear woman can sometimes be upset if they aren't the first to hear it.. Good luck though.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    bandyt09:
    sol1821:
    +1 I like this idea. You know he'll go for the Greycliff, but it will be HIS choice......
    though I would wait to hear what he says first, that would suck if you just gave him a really nice cigar then after you talked he said no....
    phobicsquirrel:
    y2pascoe:
    lol that's cool. I have asked her the big question or are you waiting for her dad to say something? I'm just curious because I hear woman can sometimes be upset if they aren't the first to hear it.. Good luck though.
    Oh, she knows. She suggested I take him over to my cigar lounge so I could bring it up to him. She's a smart girl.
    So, the old man gave me the green light. We actually didn't smoke any of my cigars even though I left the door open for him to take his pic. The two of us ended up going over to my cigar lounge and chatted over a couple of Kristoff maduros, which were not a bad choice by any stretch. We'll save those Graycliffs for another day, I guess.