Home General Discussion

Post Cigar Pics

Comments

• 415415 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 951
    Diamondog:
    415:
    very nice Diamondog. have you tried one of the 2011 EL's yet?
    Fantastic, very much like the 2004 Sublime, will be as good or better...
    damn. looks like ive already spent this years vacation check before i get it.
  • Knoxca1Knoxca1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 147
    Those gran reservas are pricey. I've seen them for over 100 a stick. That's a nice collection.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    Putting the finish on a Padilla Dominus.image
  • ug danug dan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 375
    Looks like you're getting your moneys worth out of it!
    Oh yeah, nubbed the heck out of it.
  • amz1301amz1301 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,287
    Couple cigar pics from my vacation.

• brettdub33brettdub33 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 56
    how do i post a pic??
  • NightHawkNightHawk Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 246
    i stayed at the rio, right next to the atlantis, and i was at the havana humidor also. great place, but expensive prices. smoked a fresh house blend off the rolling table which was okay, but a bit wet. i did enjoy a lot of isoms, my favorite being the ryj short churchill. they had a great selection, and i also have single cedar lined leather ryj cigar tube, and a 3 finger robusto cigar case, also leather and cedar lined. great momentos, and great times at the bahamas!!
  • camgfscamgfs Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 967
    Diamondog:

have you been playing around in my humidor again? This is the first time I've seen that stick on the right, the cohiba reserva from 2002 other than in my humidor!! Wow, nice collection. I'll have to post a pic or 2 of some of my Cohibas for comparison.

So I made the claim that I would have to post some of my Cohiba collection for comparison with DD's photo above. I have to say that the 2 pictures make these cigars appear very different! I went 'high definition' so you can see every ripple in the leaf. For looking at an image of cigars on a computer, I prefer the smooth look of DD's photo, as mine look wrinkled and ugly. Mine were in the sunlight in the morning, so shadows picked up on everything. Here it is:

• kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    camgfs.. Quality control was on break when those sticks passed through. ; )
    Or are those the Cohiba seconds I've heard about.
    would you be surprised to find out that at least 2 of those sticks come from DD's humidor? It is likely that they are from the same boxes as the pic that he posted! Seriously, they are not seconds. The lighting is the only difference.
    Here is a pic of one of those cigars in a different light, just for comparison:
    Notice the 'smooth' wrapper? It's the same stick as in the group photo. I guess I shouldn't have posted such an un-flattering pic, but I thought it was interresting to have a different view of some of the same cigars.

• MarkerMarker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,524
    CC wrappers are more delicate. They won't look as 'pretty' as an NC but most smoke more pretty.
    That's wild how the light makes that much of an impact on the pics.
  • DirewolfDirewolf Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,493
    Not to hijack but Alec Bradley has a contest on their face book page. Post on their page a holiday themed pick with an AB cigar and you can win a Fine and Rare.
  • DirewolfDirewolf Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,493
    camgfs:
    So I made the claim that I would have to post some of my Cohiba collection for comparison with DD's photo above. I have to say that the 2 pictures make these cigars appear very different! I went 'high definition' so you can see every ripple in the leaf. For looking at an image of cigars on a computer, I prefer the smooth look of DD's photo, as mine look wrinkled and ugly. Mine were in the sunlight in the morning, so shadows picked up on everything. Here it is:

I'll take cigars I'll never own for $500 , Alex
    Now to show what those same sticks look like with flash photography (no photoshopping at all, just point and click). I put all of those sticks on the top shelf of the humi this morning after taking the original "ugly" photo. This is the top shelf, same cigars as above, with different lighting. I really didn't want anyone to think that my ISOM Cohibas were that horrible, lol

Once again, here is the previous pic of the same sticks in a different light. This is how you can take a average looking person and make them look beautiful in a photo using the lighting only to shave years off your subject. Works with cigars too! :)

• lcpleellcpleel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,447
    camgfs:
    Now to show what those same sticks look like with flash photography (no photoshopping at all, just point and click). I put all of those sticks on the top shelf of the humi this morning after taking the original "ugly" photo. This is the top shelf, same cigars as above, with different lighting. I really didn't want anyone to think that my ISOM Cohibas were that horrible, lol

Once again, here is the previous pic of the same sticks in a different light. This is how you can take a average looking person and make them look beautiful in a photo using the lighting only to shave years off your subject. Works with cigars too! :)

Cam I Love the fact that they look the way they do in the light. I have some and they look the same with correct lighting. Shows character.
  • AJGARLETTAJGARLETT Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 648
    Hmmm great example of lighting there Cam. I know that CC's were used in this particular photo but I'd imagine that Nics and Dominicans would show the same dramatic difference if photographed outside like the CC's were. Id be interested to try this out!! Interesting post for sure Cam...thank you.
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    Damn I wish I could find one of those 2003 Seleccion Reserva boxes.
  • Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,971
    AJGARLETT:
    Hmmm great example of lighting there Cam. I know that CC's were used in this particular photo but I'd imagine that Nics and Dominicans would show the same dramatic difference if photographed outside like the CC's were. Id be interested to try this out!! Interesting post for sure Cam...thank you.
    Agreed, thanks for the picture comparisons!...great sticks by the way!
    docbp87:
    Damn I wish I could find one of those 2003 Seleccion Reserva boxes.
    The last place I know of to have this box, sold me their last one! Yup, that's what they told me. I haven't found any more of them (not for less the $1000.00 anyway) anywhere. The torpedo from that box sells in Edmonton for $126.00 per stick~! Hate Canada for their prices on anything, but cigars are picked on by the tax people big time.